Recommendation for NARA II researcher to copy some files?

Discussions on archives and similar issues. Hosted by Jeff Leach.
Simon Trew 1

Recommendation for NARA II researcher to copy some files?

Post by Simon Trew 1 » 21 Jun 2022 13:23

I need to find a researcher who can copy a few files of 1944 prisoner interrogation reports at NARA II. I used one a few years ago and he did a superb job with my first order but then (although I paid him immediately on receipt of the images) responded with much procrastination for the second order, to the point where I abandoned the attempt. I eventually found an alternative source of the stuff I was after, but in the case that has now arisen, I don't think a Plan B exists.

The material I'm interested in is in RG 498 boxes 1324, 1325 and 1326 - records of the prisoner interrogation team at Devizes Camp, through which tens of thousands of German personnel captured in Normandy and Brittany passed during summer 1944.

Please PM me if you have a suggestion. I might be able to reciprocate by copying stuff at the UK National Archives (I live close to it) as a quid pro quo if that is a viable alternative to actual $ payment.

Many thanks,

Simon

Tom Peters
Financial supporter

Re: Recommendation for NARA II researcher to copy some files?

Post by Tom Peters » 21 Jun 2022 21:12

Westmoreland. Mike C. has always filled my copy requests quickly and provided high quality images.

Mad Dog

MLW

Post by MLW » 22 Jun 2022 02:26

I second the recommendation for Mike Constandy. I spend a considerable amount of time at NARA and he is the only researcher I would recommend.

Regards,
Marc

smetanin albert

Post by smetanin albert » 22 Jun 2022 13:58

Most likely,
the problem is in this archive.
Archive does not allow all researchers to work (selected)
God created the Internet, but devil created Darknet.

Tom Peters
Financial supporter

Post by Tom Peters » 23 Jun 2022 01:51

The documents section of NARA is still limited in how many people can work there. Mike told me photos and maps are wide open, but documents is still a bottleneck.

Mad Dog

Return to “Archives”