Use of Copyright Materials

Discussions on archives and similar issues. Hosted by Jeff Leach.
red devil

Use of Copyright Materials

Post by red devil » 30 Jun 2006, 17:07

I have had one book published and was able to obtain permission where required for that. But I am now in the middle of another, again WW2, on Captain Walker RN. I am using old WW2 books published on or about that time which I have bought off the internet and, thus far, not a single reply have I received from anywhere on who owns copyright. Obviously this is a massive project, with so many items, newsreels, books and personal experiences to go through. A large amount of the information has been emailled to me from survivors of those gallant ships. Their permission is already guaranteed.

How on earth do I find permissions for books long out of print? Obviously all reference material will be cross referenced within the book. Some of the publishers either no longer exist, or do not have web sites/contacts. In particular I have been emailed a whole chapter out of Yankee RN, but cannot find anyone who "owns" it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I can even cross reference this magnificent forum!!

Andy H
Forum Staff

Post by Andy H » 08 Jul 2006, 23:36

Have you tried here?

http://www.copyright.com

Regards

Andy H

red devil

Post by red devil » 09 Jul 2006, 20:43

The best solution is usually the easiest. Never even thought of typing in something under copyright. Hope it does the trick, my thanks.

Return to “Archives”