Bundesarchiv Koblenz

Discussions on archives and similar issues. Hosted by Jeff Leach.
Rebeki_

Bundesarchiv Koblenz

Post by Rebeki_ » 16 Aug 2013, 14:57

Has anyone used this archive for docs?? I need to order copies,, anyone got advice on how they went about it? i see you have to use outside help , archive doesnt do it there.

MLW

Re: Bundesarchiv Koblenz

Post by MLW » 16 Aug 2013, 16:02

As far as I know, BA Koblenz has photographs. BA Freiburg has documents.

Andrzej Ditrich

Post by Andrzej Ditrich » 08 Jul 2017, 21:01

Hello,

has anyone used picture records (Bildarchiv)? I mean photos made by war photographers?
I've heard that excpet photos which are digitized and avaiable online on their website there are far more in oldstyle form (contact sheets).
It is possible to trace photos by photographer?
Is it allowed to make digital photos from "free hand" ?

Regards
AD

Reigo2

Post by Reigo2 » 27 Jul 2017, 16:52

I have contacted Koblenz picture archive for my own purposes and I was told that there are indeed more pictures on contact sheets. Most of them can be searched by war correspondent's name, year of the picture and broader region where the picture was taken.

Andrzej Ditrich

Post by Andrzej Ditrich » 28 Jul 2017, 00:34

Thank You very much for the answer.
Anyone would like to share with own experience in BAKO?

steve248

Post by steve248 » 29 Jul 2017, 15:52

It is some years since I was last at BAK.
Since the expansion of BAB Berlin-Lichterfelde, all Third Reich documentary material has been transferred from BAK to BAB.

BAK retains all post-war material including denazification files of the British Zone; early records of the BfV.

I do not know about the photographic records.

Mr.No one

Post by Mr.No one » 03 Sep 2017, 21:51

Andrzej Ditrich wrote:Hello,

has anyone used picture records (Bildarchiv)? I mean photos made by war photographers?
I've heard that excpet photos which are digitized and avaiable online on their website there are far more in oldstyle form (contact sheets).

Regards
AD
Hello Andrzej,

At the Bundesarchiv Bildarchiv in Koblenz you can look through all the contact sheets of photos taken by German propaganda photographers during the war. They are all located in the same room where you are also seated, so it is very easy. There are Findbücher available to look through, where you can look for rolls by front sector (very rough, e.g. Russia 1942, and sometimes directly wrong), by Propaganda-Kompanie and finally by photographers.
And yes, you can take copies (bad quality and there's a small fee per page), but not for use in a book, for example. Simply so you know which photos there were if you order high-quality photos.

Cheers,
Sean
Believe in truth!

Andrzej Ditrich

Post by Andrzej Ditrich » 18 Sep 2017, 23:55

Mr.No one wrote:
Andrzej Ditrich wrote:Hello,

Regards
AD
Hello Andrzej,

At the Bundesarchiv Bildarchiv in Koblenz you can look through all the contact sheets of photos taken by German propaganda photographers during the war. They are all located in the same room where you are also seated, so it is very easy. There are Findbücher available to look through, where you can look for rolls by front sector (very rough, e.g. Russia 1942, and sometimes directly wrong), by Propaganda-Kompanie and finally by photographers.
And yes, you can take copies (bad quality and there's a small fee per page), but not for use in a book, for example. Simply so you know which photos there were if you order high-quality photos.

Cheers,
Sean
Thank You very much!
That's information I was looking for :milsmile:

Regards
AD

Return to “Archives”