Captured German military records online: "germandocsinrussia.org"

Discussions on archives and similar issues. Hosted by John Calvin and Jeff Leach.
Mori
Member
Posts: 1370
Joined: 25 Oct 2014 11:04
Location: Europe

Re: Captured German military records online: "germandocsinrussia.org"

Post by Mori » 02 Nov 2021 09:55

Thanks. This has been expanded a lot.

Jan-Hendrik
Member
Posts: 8472
Joined: 11 Nov 2004 12:53
Location: Hohnhorst / Deutschland

Re: Captured German military records online: "germandocsinrussia.org"

Post by Jan-Hendrik » 02 Nov 2021 13:29

For myself: much boring stuff.

Jan-Hendrik

User avatar
Piet Duits
Member
Posts: 722
Joined: 18 Apr 2002 21:07
Location: Oudenbosch, Netherlands

Re: Captured German military records online: "germandocsinrussia.org"

Post by Piet Duits » 03 Nov 2021 15:34

indeed, really nothing of interest so far. I had my hopes on the Arko stuff, hoping to find a KStN (yeah, I know), but nope, nothing there.

Max104740
Member
Posts: 197
Joined: 06 Feb 2018 16:58
Location: Italia

Re: Captured German military records online: "germandocsinrussia.org"

Post by Max104740 » 03 Nov 2021 17:22

Piet,
did you see the totals for KStN 25 in 1941 in 12450 A 84 p 42?
All the best
Max

Dokis79
Member
Posts: 60
Joined: 16 May 2020 15:21
Location: France

Re: Captured German military records online: "germandocsinrussia.org"

Post by Dokis79 » 05 Nov 2021 12:36


Max104740
Member
Posts: 197
Joined: 06 Feb 2018 16:58
Location: Italia

Re: Captured German military records online: "germandocsinrussia.org"

Post by Max104740 » 05 Nov 2021 21:29

Hi to everybody,
I found an interesting series of no numbered KStN in 12488 A 4
https://wwii.germandocsinrussia.org/ru/ ... ect/zoom/7
They are about a Landungs Pioner Lehr Battalion, a Brandenburg unit?
All the best
Max

User avatar
kfbr392
Member
Posts: 496
Joined: 24 Jun 2004 16:05
Location: Germany

Re: Captured German military records online: "germandocsinrussia.org"

Post by kfbr392 » 06 Nov 2021 09:23

Max104740 wrote:
05 Nov 2021 21:29
Hi to everybody,
I found an interesting series of no numbered KStN in 12488 A 4
https://wwii.germandocsinrussia.org/ru/ ... ect/zoom/7
They are about a Landungs Pioner Lehr Battalion, a Brandenburg unit?
All the best
Max
Max, super interesting find!
No, this is about the results of a January 1940 summit to create and built up a Landungspionier arm, within the Pionier arm of the Heer. It is mentioned in Kugler “Das Landungswesen” p77. But never saw the original documents before!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Darius333
Member
Posts: 143
Joined: 07 Jun 2006 21:31
Location: Germany

Re: Captured German military records online: "germandocsinrussia.org"

Post by Darius333 » 06 Nov 2021 15:07

Max104740 wrote:
05 Nov 2021 21:29
Hi to everybody,
I found an interesting series of no numbered KStN in 12488 A 4
https://wwii.germandocsinrussia.org/ru/ ... ect/zoom/7
They are about a Landungs Pioner Lehr Battalion, a Brandenburg unit?
All the best
Max
Nice finding.

Regards

Darius

User avatar
Piet Duits
Member
Posts: 722
Joined: 18 Apr 2002 21:07
Location: Oudenbosch, Netherlands

Re: Captured German military records online: "germandocsinrussia.org"

Post by Piet Duits » 06 Nov 2021 19:42

Max104740 wrote:
03 Nov 2021 17:22
Piet,
did you see the totals for KStN 25 in 1941 in 12450 A 84 p 42?
All the best
Max
Yeah, but it's the KStN itself I want. I know the totals, I know the changes to the KStN. The KStN itself is missing.

Max104740
Member
Posts: 197
Joined: 06 Feb 2018 16:58
Location: Italia

Re: Captured German military records online: "germandocsinrussia.org"

Post by Max104740 » 07 Nov 2021 18:51

kfbr392 wrote:
06 Nov 2021 09:23
Max104740 wrote:
05 Nov 2021 21:29
Hi to everybody,
I found an interesting series of no numbered KStN in 12488 A 4
https://wwii.germandocsinrussia.org/ru/ ... ect/zoom/7
They are about a Landungs Pioner Lehr Battalion, a Brandenburg unit?
All the best
Max
Max, super interesting find!
No, this is about the results of a January 1940 summit to create and built up a Landungspionier arm, within the Pionier arm of the Heer. It is mentioned in Kugler “Das Landungswesen” p77. But never saw the original documents before!
Thank you Matt for the information, do you know if this battalion was actually used in combat or the first Landsung units were formed in 43?
All the best
Max

User avatar
kfbr392
Member
Posts: 496
Joined: 24 Jun 2004 16:05
Location: Germany

Re: Captured German military records online: "germandocsinrussia.org"

Post by kfbr392 » 09 Nov 2021 04:21

Max104740 wrote:
07 Nov 2021 18:51
Thank you Matt for the information, do you know if this battalion was actually used in combat or the first Landsung units were formed in 43?
You can read up on Landungspionier unit histories here:
https://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gl ... oniere.htm

In short: it became a highly effective but little known (for some reason, the MFPs of the KM and Siebel ferries of the LW are all many WW2 books on German landing craft ever speak of) service arm, operating since Spring 1941 on all fronts.


A 1945 Ldgs.Pio.Btl operated a mix of PiLF landing ferries, PiLB landing crafts and s.StuBo fast motor boats:

Ldgs.Pio.Btl, 01.45:
Stb,Nachr.Zg: 1 PiLB/Stb, 1 PiLB/San, 2 s.StuBo/Fü, 1 s.StuBo/San
1.-2.Kp je: 8 PiLF, 1 PiLF/Tross, 1 PiLB/Inst, 3 s.StuBo/Fü
3.Kp: 12 PiLB, 1 PiLB/Inst, 1 PiLB/Tross, 4 s.StuBo/Fü
4.Kp: 3x3 s.StuBo, 3 PiLB/Bgl, 1 PiLB/Tross, 1 PiLB/Inst, 4 s.StuBo/Fü
Werft.Kp: 2 PiLB, 1 MoBo@125ps o 250ps
[Total: 18 PiLF, 25 PiLB, 17 s.Stubo, 1 MoBo]

source: T78 R397 via Sturmpanzer website

Max104740
Member
Posts: 197
Joined: 06 Feb 2018 16:58
Location: Italia

Re: Captured German military records online: "germandocsinrussia.org"

Post by Max104740 » 09 Nov 2021 16:07

Hi to everybody,
I discovered, mainly by courtesy of Dave (KStN 201) who first noticed them, some file with interesting organizational information in Findbuch 12488.
They are Akte 361, 1007, 1550, 1548, 1559, 1544. 1432-1452, there are some useful information in some of them.
By now I have given a more careful look only to Akte 1007 and 1550. The first shows from page 164 a lot of KStN for an Infantry Division that should be February 41 versions, they are divided in two parts, the first showing the element in the first staffel (of the landing), the second the ones in the second staffel, but the sum of the two parts seems very coherent with the numbers expected.
In Akte 1550 the totals for KStN are present (from page 83) fpr a Panzer, a Mot Inf and an Inf Div with the February 41 KStN list.
I hope this is useful for you,
All the best Max

Max104740
Member
Posts: 197
Joined: 06 Feb 2018 16:58
Location: Italia

Re: Captured German military records online: "germandocsinrussia.org"

Post by Max104740 » 09 Nov 2021 16:12

kfbr392 wrote:
09 Nov 2021 04:21
Max104740 wrote:
07 Nov 2021 18:51
Thank you Matt for the information, do you know if this battalion was actually used in combat or the first Landsung units were formed in 43?
You can read up on Landungspionier unit histories here:
https://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gl ... oniere.htm

In short: it became a highly effective but little known (for some reason, the MFPs of the KM and Siebel ferries of the LW are all many WW2 books on German landing craft ever speak of) service arm, operating since Spring 1941 on all fronts.


A 1945 Ldgs.Pio.Btl operated a mix of PiLF landing ferries, PiLB landing crafts and s.StuBo fast motor boats:

Ldgs.Pio.Btl, 01.45:
Stb,Nachr.Zg: 1 PiLB/Stb, 1 PiLB/San, 2 s.StuBo/Fü, 1 s.StuBo/San
1.-2.Kp je: 8 PiLF, 1 PiLF/Tross, 1 PiLB/Inst, 3 s.StuBo/Fü
3.Kp: 12 PiLB, 1 PiLB/Inst, 1 PiLB/Tross, 4 s.StuBo/Fü
4.Kp: 3x3 s.StuBo, 3 PiLB/Bgl, 1 PiLB/Tross, 1 PiLB/Inst, 4 s.StuBo/Fü
Werft.Kp: 2 PiLB, 1 MoBo@125ps o 250ps
[Total: 18 PiLF, 25 PiLB, 17 s.Stubo, 1 MoBo]

source: T78 R397 via Sturmpanzer website
The first official KStN for these units in Tessin List are of May 43, the KStNs present in 12488 are of January 40, do you know if an intermediate version was issued for the first operational use of these Battalion (I would guess at the beginning of 1941)?
All the best
Max
i

User avatar
kfbr392
Member
Posts: 496
Joined: 24 Jun 2004 16:05
Location: Germany

Re: Captured German military records online: "germandocsinrussia.org"

Post by kfbr392 » 09 Nov 2021 18:15

i have no Landungspionier KStN before 1945.

Max104740
Member
Posts: 197
Joined: 06 Feb 2018 16:58
Location: Italia

Re: Captured German military records online: "germandocsinrussia.org"

Post by Max104740 » 10 Nov 2021 15:29

In Tessin list two previous edition are present: one of May 43 (no KStN found by now) and one of May 44 (some KStN in T 283 R 124), I answered if you have ever seen a KStN list of 1941-42, when new units were formed this document was always present.
All the best
Max

Return to “Archives”