NARA - Files WANTED - nice REWARD offered !!!!

Discussions on archives and similar issues. Hosted by Jeff Leach.
Martinski

NARA - Files WANTED - nice REWARD offered !!!!

Post by Martinski » 03 Jun 2018, 20:17

Hello all!

A fellow researcher went to NARA some time ago in order to help me in my eternal research about the history of Führerhauptquartier "Wehrwolf". He sent me a copy of the document as attached.

The document bears the name "P.I. Material / TRM-114" contained at least 8 interesting and needed files for my research. I wanted to order copies of them but my colleague answered me that the box at NARA was EMPTY; contained NO files. Upon his question, someone told him that these files were probably gone to Europe during the exchange of documents in the 50-ies/60-ies. They were supposed to be in the UK Archives.

I paid a UK researcher, he came back empty-handed. Same thing with a researcher in Berlin/Lichterfeld; NOTHING. A query is started in BA but this can take until 8 months...

So, my last try is to turn to this Forum and to make an offer: I do offer a REWARD of 250,- € (or the equivalent in $) to the colleague who is able to procure me these WINNIZA - files (I guess in total about half a roll...). I also will pay the fee for the copies (in good quality) separately!

If someone is aware of them; please send me ASAP a PM! I will answer the same day. Then we will PM and agree on a procedure, acceptable for both parties!

Thanks in advance and good hunting!
Kind regards - Martin
Attachments
winniza - TRM-114 - WANTED.jpg
P.I. Material - TRM-114
winniza - TRM-114 - WANTED.jpg (358.67 KiB) Viewed 7521 times

steve248

Re: NARA - Files WANTED - nice REWARD offered !!!!

Post by steve248 » 01 Sep 2018, 17:28

Martin
Like your UK researcher found there is no material at UK National Archives that emanated from US National Archives at any time as a direct acquisition.
Or even indirect. I am talking here of bulk acquisition, not individual documents/papers from one intelligence agency to another.
But looking at the document you have posted although I can see why Bundesarchiv Berlin-Lichterfelde might have been first port of call, the more military aspect would make me look at Bundesarchiv Militär-Archiv Freiburg.
It more than 10 years since I was there, and I am not going back anytime soon, unfortunately.

Mori

Post by Mori » 01 Sep 2018, 19:36

steve248 wrote:
01 Sep 2018, 17:28
Martin
Like your UK researcher found there is no material at UK National Archives that emanated from US National Archives at any time as a direct acquisition.
Or even indirect.
This is not quite so. You do have copies of US material at TNA, but this you only realize when you open the folders. Here and there, there are paper copies of microfilmed US documents.

steve248

Post by steve248 » 02 Sep 2018, 10:08

The rest of my post makes that clear.

Return to “Archives”