Looking For Material concerning the Battle of Berlin

Discussions on archives and similar issues. Hosted by Jeff Leach.
Halfdan S.

Looking For Material concerning the Battle of Berlin

Post by Halfdan S. » 06 Jul 2019, 10:56

Hi,

Unexperienced with the NARA rolls, that is, unsure about what I'd be getting and at what cost I'll post this question. I'm after the so-called "Stellenbesetzungen" in connection with the Battle of Berlin and really material concerning the preparations for the Battle ... I've seen some material in Freiburg, but didn't quite find what I expected. So now I'd be looking towards NARA, but don't quite seem to find my way around the rolls.

I'm after the last "Stellenbesetzungen" for the following:

Stellv. Wehrkreis Kdo III (March/April 1945)

Luftgau Kommando III (March/April 1945)

Verteidigungsbereich Berlin (March/April 1945) with Sectors A-H and Z

LVI Pz.Korps (April 1945) with 9. Fallschirmjäger-Division, 11. SS-Pz.Gren. Div. Nordland, 18. and 20 Pz.Gren.Div., Pz.Div. Müncheberg, 408. Volks-Artillerie-Korps and Arko 125.

and also (Stab) Ausbildings-Div. 286.

What roll(s) am I looking for, what can I expect to find - how does it work. And what should I expect the price to be?

Regards
Halfdan S.

Mori

Re: Looking For Material concerning the Battle of Berlin

Post by Mori » 06 Jul 2019, 11:49

For Wehrkreis, check the T501 series. For LVI Pz-Korps, in the T314 series, and for the division in the T315 and T354 [for SS ones]. All guides are there : http://sturmpanzer.com/Default.aspx?tab ... em=1&sec=1

The best way, especiall since you're familiar with archives, is for you to read the guides. I wouldn't bet on much (if anything at all) on the Berlin battle, since whatever documents the units still wrote could not be filed and since the Soviets captured everything.

By the way, there are quite a lot of 1945 documents on germandocsinrussia.org.

About price: first check for everything available for trade (see other threads). If you eventually buy something, price for a roll ranges from USD 80-90 (reseller) to USD 135 (straight from NARA).

Halfdan S.

Post by Halfdan S. » 07 Jul 2019, 10:38

Thanks, Mori, found the LVI. Panzer-Korps, 18. and 20. Pz.Greb.Div.s and the 11. SS-Freiw.Pz.Gren.Div. in the guides - but hardly any of the material goes that far up in time. Actually I saw Weidlings 1945 Berlin Map in Original in Freiburg.

Regards
Halfdan S.

Mori

Post by Mori » 07 Jul 2019, 11:03

Always make a copy of the documents you pull at the archives :)

Return to “Archives”