Need help with Der Reichsführer-SS Persönlicher Stab files 1942

Discussions on archives and similar issues. Hosted by Jeff Leach.
Remy Spezzano

Need help with Der Reichsführer-SS Persönlicher Stab files 1942

Post by Remy Spezzano » 17 Jan 2020, 05:50

Gentlemen,

Not sure exactly where I should post this request but I'll start here in this section first.
This is a long shot but I am hoping someone out there can help me find this needle in a haystack.

I have been actively researching the military career of German war photographer Ernst Baumann.
Recently I have come into possession of a photocopied letter from the Baumann estate. This letter, written in Dec. 1942 to Baumann comes from Der Reichsführer-SS Persönlicher Stab and is a direct reply to letter they had received from Baumann in early October. If you look at the letterhead there is a file number listed Tgb.Nr. 2/14/43 which is the Tagebuch Number. Is there any chance at all a copy of this letter would be filed away with their reply? Does there even exist at NARA captured files from this office dated 1942?

If there are any experts on this form who are familiar with Der Reichsführer-SS Persönlicher Stab record group at NARA can please help me with the search in finding the letter from Baumann to the RFSS office? Hoping for the best and look forward to your reply.

Thanks.
Remy Spezzano
Attachments
Reichsfuhrer reply to Baumann 2 copy.jpg

Remy Spezzano

Re: Need help with Der Reichsführer-SS Persönlicher Stab files 1942

Post by Remy Spezzano » 28 Jan 2020, 00:02

At this point I just want to know if any files for this department exist in the NARA collection of captured records? And if so, which Roll number do I need to get so I can search through it myself. Thanks.

Boby

Re: Need help with Der Reichsführer-SS Persönlicher Stab files 1942

Post by Boby » 04 Feb 2020, 15:46

Look also at invenio catalogue for NS 19 files

https://invenio.bundesarchiv.de/basys2- ... main.xhtml

Perhaps you can ask Bundesarchiv for any info on Baumann in their files?

Return to “Archives”