Use of Invenio in the Bundesarchiv

Discussions on archives and similar issues. Hosted by Jeff Leach.
hselassi

Use of Invenio in the Bundesarchiv

Post by hselassi » 15 Feb 2020, 21:04

I have been trying to use the BA's digitized service (Invenio). The information appears to be good and quality is GDiR level, but the system appears unresponsive and very slow (OK, I got tired and tried refreshing which was even worse).
Has anyone used this system? I go to the document I want and click on <Digitalisat anzeigen> which brings up another browser tab, which eventually brings up a document browser where you can move through the document slooowwwwwly. Is this the best way of accessing documents or is there a better method (my German is pretty much nonexistent, so I just make educated guesses at the various commands)?
Regards,
/s/ Harry

Mori

Re: Use of Invenio in the Bundesarchiv

Post by Mori » 16 Feb 2020, 01:22

Yes, it's slow. And it's often down on Sunday. It wouldn't be bad to have an option to download full parts of their catalog instead of going sub-section by section.

*But* it's still a great tool, if nothing for the catalog. And the booking system ahead of visiting BA is user-friendly.

I have never manage how to spot which are the files available digital (except by coming across them while browsing the catalog). If you have an idea, let me know.

hselassi

Post by hselassi » 16 Feb 2020, 05:02

Thanks, Mori, I guess it is what it is. I'll just stick to it during weekdays.
Mori wrote:
16 Feb 2020, 01:22
I have never manage how to spot which are the files available digital (except by coming across them while browsing the catalog). If you have an idea, let me know.
As far as the digitized library, I usually go in through https://www.bundesarchiv.de/EN/Navigati ... fonds.html and then once on a document group, I click on the <Nur mit Digitalisat anzeigen> button which removes the non digitized documents (mostly). Hope this helps.

smetanin albert

Post by smetanin albert » 16 Feb 2020, 13:44

God created the Internet, but devil created Darknet.

Return to “Archives”