NARA Roll Reichskriegsgerichte and Wehrmachtgerichte

Discussions on archives and similar issues. Hosted by Jeff Leach.
PeterIstegal

NARA Roll Reichskriegsgerichte and Wehrmachtgerichte

Post by PeterIstegal » 26 Jul 2020, 12:40

Hi all,
I'm new here. I'm Pietro, I live near Florence and I'm doing my master in History in Italy.
I'm also a collector of german documentation related to the italian campaign and always looking for informations.
For my Master Thesis I am considering various options. For one of this I need the following documentation:

§ Reichskriegsgerichte (BAMA RW 11-II)
§ Wehrmachtgerichte - Military Court of Armygroup, Armies, Armycorps and divisions - (BAMA RW60)

I wanted to know if these documents were avaible as NARA-Microfilm too.

Thanks in advance,
Pietro

Mori

Re: NARA Roll Reichskriegsgerichte and Wehrmachtgerichte

Post by Mori » 26 Jul 2020, 14:04

Welcome.

I recommend you check the NARA catalogs, although I'm not sure whether military courts were microfilmed: https://www.archives.gov/research/captu ... eized.html

I would also look at the footnotes of Messerschmidt's Die Wehrmachtjustiz and Kalmbach's Wehrmachtjustiz for more ideas, although they probably worked from documents held in BAMA rather than NARA.

In my own research I, which is not focused on military cours, realized the one army file with data on court proceedings was precisely the one not microfilmed under T312 by NARA, although I couldn't tell whether they filed the documents under another series.

PeterIstegal

Re: NARA Roll Reichskriegsgerichte and Wehrmachtgerichte

Post by PeterIstegal » 28 Jul 2020, 12:00

Hello Mori,
many thanks. I checked the NARA catalogs, but it seems that the Reichskriegsgerichte documents were not microfilmed. I saw that only the Reichsjustizministerium Roll.
I will have a look also in the to book you reccomend!

Greetings from Italy
Pietro

Return to “Archives”