Frau Carina Notzke

Discussions on archives and similar issues. Hosted by Jeff Leach.
Piet Duits

Frau Carina Notzke

Post by Piet Duits » 30 May 2022, 22:42

Hi all,

I just learned that on 30.1.2022 Frau Carina Notzke passed away at the age of 49.
Frau Notzke used to work at the Benutzersaal at the Bundesarchiv-Militärarchiv in Freiburg, until she was promoted out of that place.
The next job she got was to reorganise part of the collection, starting with the W-SS records. She told me that she started from scratch, as so much material was mislabeled and got "lost" in the decades before her. Each time a new person tried to reorganise, they invented a new "system". She was there to end this, and it resulted in the Barch RS- material you can now find partially digitalized online.

From time to time, I came across her at other positions within the Bundesarchiv, and heard she was doing a good job. At one time, I hoped she would become boss over there.
It's a real shame. She will be missed.

Tom Peters

Re: Frau Carina Notzke

Post by Tom Peters » 31 May 2022, 03:55

Piet, thank you for posting this. We should all be grateful for the efforts of those who try and organize the huge amount of papers that survived the war.

Mad Dog

Simon V.

Post by Simon V. » 31 May 2022, 13:02

That's indeed sad news Piet. I remember her very well as I had the privilige to visit her in the Hochbau.
She will be missed.

aquarya

Post by aquarya » 24 Aug 2022, 09:27

This is truly sad news. My dealings with her were always very positive.

Return to “Archives”