microfilms NARA

Discussions on archives and similar issues. Hosted by Jeff Leach.
didier laugier

microfilms NARA

Post by didier laugier » 11 Oct 2003, 18:19

Hello All

I look for information to buy NARA.'s microfilms. I know their site and the modalities of sending.

But I ignore totally it's the classification of Rolls and the thickness (how many pages) of this rolls.
I have some references on the DAK (Bender publishing) and on Normandy ( zetterling ), but I look more exactly for information on Panzertruppen (only) in the end of 1944 (the Ardennes and Norwind) and in the beginning of 1945. On Nafziger's books there are the references of rolls but anything on their contents and in 39 $ detail, I can not allow to spend some money.

Discretion assured on possible information. I know that it is a little the sacred garden of some "amateurs" of panzertruppen.

Thank you beforehand and sorry for my english.

Didier

Lupo Solitario

Post by Lupo Solitario » 11 Oct 2003, 19:12

the association Military Historical Center can supply a lot of material about NARA, try to contact them

web: http://digilander.libero.it/mhcenter
e-mail: [email protected]

bye
Lupo

ramon

Guides to Microfilms

Post by ramon » 11 Oct 2003, 19:15

Didier,

I suggest you write to the NARA and request information regarding the finding aids they have written regarding the roles if microfilms they hold.

For example, the T-175 microfims series dealing with the Reichsführer records group have a marvelous finding aid that is worth having in and of itself.

You wnat to fnd out by number the record series you are most interested in and then obtain the particular finding aid you need. You will then see the individual rolls of microfilm listed together with the total number of frames on each roll.

Good hunting!!

Ramon

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 11 Oct 2003, 23:34

didier -- The US National Archives finding aid on captured German records, with ordering instructions and other details, are on-line right here in this forum at:

http://www.thirdreichforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=14621

didier laugier

Many many thank's for your fast answers

Post by didier laugier » 12 Oct 2003, 11:42

I go hunting at once ;)
Regards
Didier

Georges JEROME
Financial supporter

Post by Georges JEROME » 28 Mar 2004, 01:33

Hello Didier,

Do you know US archives rolls are based upon original documents located (for german army) at Bundes Militararchiv in Freiburg i Brisgau in front of Colmar.
Try the site of Bundesarchiv to locate unit you wish.

best

Georges

Jérôme

Post by Jérôme » 01 Dec 2004, 21:09

JEROME Georges wrote:Hello Didier,

Do you know US archives rolls are based upon original documents located (for german army) at Bundes Militararchiv in Freiburg i Brisgau in front of Colmar.
Try the site of Bundesarchiv to locate unit you wish.

best

Georges
Hi, Georges
Are germans documents microfilmed ?
Can I purchase them like NARA ?
Amicalement
Jérôme.

Georges JEROME
Financial supporter

Post by Georges JEROME » 02 Dec 2004, 23:10

Hi Jerome,

no they haven't microfilm of documents they own ORIGINAL ones (for a large number of them).
You must apply for authorization to Bundesarchiv.
They prefer a visit to archiv because they don't make researchs for you in documents unless you know exact reference of document.

best

Georges

Return to “Archives”