Research software

Discussions on archives and similar issues. Hosted by John Calvin and Jeff Leach.
Juha Hujanen
Financial supporter

Research software

Post by Juha Hujanen » 21 Mar 2005 18:54

Hello

Can you fellows suggest a software for keeping a database of persons?.A software where you can add names and information of persons.Highly modifying and with search functions of specific data.

Any ideas?

Cheers/Juha

jmark

Post by jmark » 23 Mar 2005 11:33

Hi Juha,

When I first started researching, I kept my database in a simple program called Clarisworks. I will even admit to still having some databases in that program - it was very simple and could keep massive amounts of data (words, no pictures) in a small file. Over the years, my requirements from a database changed (I wanted to incorporate more information). Now, I use Filemaker Pro. It's a more complex program but it does exactly what I need.

Here's a screenshot. If the tabs "Personal", "Service", "Events" or "Notes" are clicked, another page of data appears. This feature allows you to have a lot of information in one small screen.

Jason Mark
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Juha Hujanen
Financial supporter

Post by Juha Hujanen » 23 Mar 2005 15:08

Thanks for the tip Jason! I'll give it a try.

I first consider using some genealogy software but your example fits my needs much better.

Cheers/Juha

Ps.I finally managed to get copy of your Death of the Leaping Horseman.Haven't read it yet but it looks very promising.

Return to “Archives”