Focke Wulf 190 seat.

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.

Andrew Arthy

Re: Focke Wulf 190 seat.

Post by Andrew Arthy » 22 Oct 2019, 15:32

Hi foxterjer,

Unfortunately, I don't think it is possible to identify this aircraft from the photographs you provided. You need to find a main data plate with the aircraft Werknummer. The numbers on components are the individual part Werknummern, and not the aircraft Werknummer. If you provide a more precise location (and a more specific date, if possible, although I understand that this can be difficult), I might be able to suggest some potential German losses.

Cheers,
Andrew A.
Air War Publications - www.airwarpublications.com/

foxterjer

Post by foxterjer » 22 Oct 2019, 17:10

Hi Andrew.

More precise location is here https://goo.gl/maps/PgiKeV49Mp2qmCnM9
About more specific date I think it is August 13. when Soviet troops occupay Madona. In russian resources I found out about air battle in August 13. They reporting about nine downed german fighters and five bombers. 8O :D
This information is most likely a fiction,but maybe not all of it is lie.

Thank you for your attention.

Andrew Arthy

Post by Andrew Arthy » 22 Oct 2019, 17:29

Hi,

Thank you for the additional information.

On 13 August 1944 III./SG 3, I./SG 4, and III./SG 4 were focused on southern Estonia. II./SG 3 reported a loss at 'Cilli', south-east of 'Ligadue', and there were no JG 54 losses. I believe that the only other FW 190-equipped unit in the region was II./SG 4, and it reported no losses on this day.

Are you sure about the aerial battle on 13 August 1944? I think 15.VA was responsible for the Modohn area, and it reported no aerial victories on 13 August 1944. Similarly, the neighbouring 3.VA reported no aerial victories. 14.VA did claim some victories, but it was operating over southern Estonia.

Cheers,
Andrew A.
Air War Publications - www.airwarpublications.com

foxterjer

Post by foxterjer » 22 Oct 2019, 17:47

Are you sure about the aerial battle on 13 August 1944?
No,I am not. :roll: As I said,I read russian resources.
I think the date is somewhere between August 1 and 28 when the Soviet operation "Madona" took place in the area.

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”