- Posts: 2762
- Joined: 26 Nov 2005 22:05
- Location: Germagnano, Italy
- Posts: 1037
- Joined: 26 Jun 2005 08:44
- Location: Canberra, ACT, Australia
- Posts: 302
- Joined: 24 Jun 2004 16:05
- Location: Germany
That figure is also referenced in this thread:Pips wrote:The odd thing about the Gruppe Stab formation was that it only consisted of three aircraft - neither Rotte nor Schwarm, but the old fashioned Kette.
I read somewhere that a Gruppe of Ju 52 had a Stab of 5 aircaft.
Each squadron had 16 Ju's.
Total for the Gruppe: 53 (5+3x16=53) Ju 52.
But what about Jagdgeschwader, Stukageschwader, Zerstörergeschwader etc?
And what about aircraft per Geschwaderstab?
Lets find out: what was the number in 1939 and in 1944?
(a good place to start might be to look at the OOB at the eve of the Polish campaign, before any attrition set it:
it can be observed:
- many Kampfgruppen had 36 or 39 medium bombers. Stab/KG had 6 or 9 bombers
- many Jagdgruppen had 48 Bf 109. Stab/JG had 3 Bf 109
- many Stukagruppen had 39 Ju 87B ... and 3 Do 17P. Stab/StG had 3 Ju 87B
- Gruppen of KGzbV with Ju 52 had mostly 53 Ju 52)
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot]