Ju 390 in flight refuelling

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
Simon Gunson

Re: Ju 390 in flight refuelling

Post by Simon Gunson » 20 Oct 2008, 02:55

That is not an excuse as there are many very good wartime pictures!
So what are you suggesting ?
That they should have carefully posed the shot, used a light meter and powder puffed the pilot's nose ?
retouching and manipulating photographs is as old as the photograph it self!
Well that appears to me to be exactly what Kossler and Ott did to try and prove it was not Ju 390V2. Actually it is reassuring to me how incompetent an attempt it was when somebody tried to alter that photo to make it look like GH+UK that they forgot to retouch the airframe dimensions.

Tell you what Om_Joop, why don't you have an attempt at retouching the photo to make it look more like GH+UK to prove your point (whatever that is) ?

What everybody here seems to forget is that RC+DA is in the Staffel markings of 2/FAGr.5 with a mottled green and blue topside with a white band around the fuselage behind the cross near the tail. This is a photo of another 2/FAGr.5 aircraft (PI+PO) for you Om_Joop. Sorry if the quality isn't up to your high standards.

Ome_Joop

Post by Ome_Joop » 20 Oct 2008, 03:55

So what are you suggesting ?
That they should have carefully posed the shot, used a light meter and powder puffed the pilot's nose ?
No, i suggest that the picture has been messed with (picture is probably stretched/enlarged with the result of detail loss).
But that is something you probable already knew!
to prove your point (whatever that is) ?
My point is that there is something wrong with that aircraft picture, it's so unclear/unsharp and so on that you can't compare them with a reasonble well picture.
What is your point?
Sorry if the quality isn't up to your high standards.
Nice Pic! Has nothing to do with high or low standards....and your sharp remarks are well out of place (low standard maybe?).

stellung

Post by stellung » 20 Oct 2008, 04:06

I would like to point out that the British had successfully demonstrated and publicized their work in in-flight refueling in the the 1930s:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOlgtozYPh8

Ome_Joop

Post by Ome_Joop » 20 Oct 2008, 05:27

Tell you what Om_Joop, why don't you have an attempt at retouching the photo to make it look more like GH+UK ?
2 minute retouch...just with MS Paint! :wink:

BTW this photo altough it looks like the other one posted of the Ju 390V2 it is different so atleast one of them is retouched....
Attachments
ju-390_2.JPG
ju-390_2.JPG (21.7 KiB) Viewed 2178 times

Simon Gunson

Post by Simon Gunson » 20 Oct 2008, 11:12

Oh bravo... Funny that.
By retouching it to match the dimensions of GH+UK all you actually prove is that had the RC+DA picture been a hoax then why did they not alter the dimensions ?

Were you by any chance the person who created the hoax picture for Kossler and Ott ?

What you still don't get Om_Joop is that the original picture of RC+DA is not retouched because it still has entirely incorrect dimensions. That's the best evidence there is that it is a genuine picture. Maybe for your next trick you can explain why GH+UK is not photographed in FAGr.5 markings ?

You're trying to prove that the original picture was a hoax but in fact you're proving the opposite. By showing how easily somebody could have created a hoax with identical dimensions to GH+UK you're actually drawing attention to the fact that it was not a hoax, or don't you get it ?

Had the original picture been a skillful hoax there would not have been such an obvious difference in dimensions. You're just in the game of distorting the turth. You're not even involved in a serious historical debate here.

If you have to lie to win your argument then all that proves is you have an acute ability to lie. Keep arguing your ridiculous point Om_Joop because you're not solving historical questions. You're just parading your ego for the whole world to see.

So now Om_joop let's really challenge your intellect ... Explain then why when Ju 390V1 was derelict at Dassau airfield from November 1944, missing all it's propellers, how was it Oberleutnant Eissermann able to fly the Ju 390 twice on 9 February 1945 at Reichlin ?

Do you hoax logbooks too then ?

And why are there three other witnesses who saw the Ju 390 flying after FAGr. 5's Ju 390 was laid up derelict in November 1944 ?

Are you able to answer that question Om_Joop without distorting the truth ?

Ome_Joop

Post by Ome_Joop » 20 Oct 2008, 19:26

Oh bravo... Funny that.
By retouching it to match the dimensions of GH+UK all you actually prove is that had the RC+DA picture been a hoax then why did they not alter the dimensions ?
That is easy, to make it obviously different than the real Ju 390 people like yourself are easily mislead.
No one here will say that these 2 pictures are pictures of the same aircraft they look to different that is proof enough to atleast to be suspissious about them!
BTW for really good fun try to match the cargo hatch hinges (make them as big as the other aircraft hinges :wink: )
Maybe you can also explain why the outher designation letter on the wing is bigger than the inside letter on the outer wing?(That one defies the law of perspective as well)
What you still don't get Om_Joop is that the original picture of RC+DA is not retouched because it still has entirely incorrect dimensions. That's the best evidence there is that it is a genuine picture. Maybe for your next trick you can explain why GH+UK is not photographed in FAGr. 5 markings ?
The best evidence would be a real picture or atleast one that isn't that badly retouched and pixelated as this one.
(maybe you can also explain why these 2 so called different aircraft appear to be the same length (V2 should be 2.5m longer and that should show an picture according to the law of perspective)?
Are you able to answer that question Om_Joop without distorting the truth ?
Can you? Ju-390 or retouched Ju-290 who knows? Witness acounts are nice but it's not the kind of evidence that are not falsifiable.
Surely enough atleast you are not able to proove the truth! Give me/us a good picture and i'm willing to believe you are right but for now all i'm saying is that this picture does not proove anything just like you don't proove/disproove anything
You want me to proove/disproove something that for the last 60 years no-one can (that is a really smart remark but maybe you can with your challenged intelect re-read what already has been posted before!).
Suposedly the Ju 390 V2 was also photographed twice at Prague Rusnye airfield in February 1945....where are those pictures?
Best thing yet is that ones who say Ju 390V2 did the Amerika flight always suggest that it was not part of FAGr. 5 but merely shared airfields!?

Update your site with facts not with such uncertanties than cannot be proven!
THe truth is out there....but you can't find it here:
http://sites.google.com/site/junkersju390/home

Michael Emrys

Post by Michael Emrys » 22 Oct 2008, 08:35

Let's just stick to the facts of the case and cut out the personal sniping, shall we? You won't win any points here with that kind of talk.

Michael
Incoming fire has the right of way.

Goncalo Mendes

Post by Goncalo Mendes » 05 Nov 2011, 18:04

Ju 390 without its propellers (not mine, found in the net)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a138/ ... /Ju390.jpg

G_Mendes

WolfWiking

Post by WolfWiking » 03 Apr 2017, 20:41

Hi all,

This has been a fascinating thread, I'm hoping people are still monitoring it. I'm very interested in hearing more about the CEANA report of a six-engine plane landing in Argentina in May 1945, as mentioned in Ronald C. Newton's book.

I was hoping to hear back from either Simon Gunson or the user ohrdruf.

Simon Gunson

Post by Simon Gunson » 22 Dec 2020, 02:45

My desk top computer burned out in 2014, taking with it my files and stored passwords, thus i have not logged in at AHF since 2014

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”