New (2002) ME-262s built

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
Barbarossa

Post by Barbarossa » 15 Apr 2002, 02:44

I wanted to make an argument for the swastika.

Great pains are being taken to produce aircraft which are not simply replicas, but rather true serial production representative aircraft in every possible respect. Virtually rivet for rivet, the new aircraft are duplicates of the original Me 262. With the ability to examine and copy components from a vintage source, the standard of authenticity has been exactingly maintained. These planes will have the next five original factory serial numbers drawn from the werknummern sequences used on the original 1945 production lines.

By leaving the swastika off they're contradicting everything they're trying to achieve, which is authenticity! In order to achieve authenticity wouldn't you have to duplicate an authentic me 262?

On another note if you want a me 262 w/out a swastika, why do you want a me 262 anyways? Would this plane represent anything other than a nazi war machine? Whether or not there is a swastika on your me 262, a distinction will still be made.

Caldric

Post by Caldric » 15 Apr 2002, 02:49

By leaving the swastika off they're contradicting everything they're trying to achieve, which is authenticity! In order to achieve authenticity wouldn't you have to duplicate an authentic me 262?
Yes I would want the swastika on my plane, but I live in the US where that is not a problem. But in many countries that is not the case, they can not display the emblem. I could be wrong on the laws but I think France for sure would not allow it.

Barbarossa

Post by Barbarossa » 15 Apr 2002, 04:03

If I'm a french native I would have no interest in a machine that represented my country's military incompetence.

Barbarossa

Post by Barbarossa » 15 Apr 2002, 04:08

These planes are being built in the hopes that they will be completely authentic. The swastika is absolutely neccessary. If you live in a country where the swastika is not permitted, you most likely do not like what the swastika represents; therefore, you won't want a me 262! So put the swastika on and poof you have an authentic ME 262.

mike262752

Post by mike262752 » 15 Apr 2002, 08:47

none of us are getting one, why argue about it.

by the way, when we all go to mars, I get to step out first...

mike

Brian Von Stauffenberg

Hmm

Post by Brian Von Stauffenberg » 15 Apr 2002, 10:24

Hey Logan is that Ron Jefferies in the picture reading the book?

Timo

Post by Timo » 15 Apr 2002, 12:36

Barbarossa wrote:These planes are being built in the hopes that they will be completely authentic. The swastika is absolutely neccessary. If you live in a country where the swastika is not permitted, you most likely do not like what the swastika represents; therefore, you won't want a me 262! So put the swastika on and poof you have an authentic ME 262.
The planes are no exact replicas. They look like an Me 262, but the used materials and the engines are modern. The original plane wasn't a composite shell.

Timo

Post by Timo » 15 Apr 2002, 12:39

Karl wrote:Timo I am really disappointed. That was a very lame response and I simply don’t have the time to play with you now.

( 8O Thorfinn speaks better Fries then you!!! 8O )

Te groeten jo! :P
Talking about lame responses. You just set a new standard. And what language is "the groeten jo" suppost to be?

Karl

Post by Karl » 15 Apr 2002, 14:21

My, my Timo. You really got a stick up your ass, don’t you?

Simplification for Timoje:

I personally think there would be no point to the thing without the proper markings. Mr. Yerger on the other hand doesn’t care for paint jobs but would rather just watch the birds fly. One is important to me, the other to Mr. Yerger. It’s relative, just like God. Follow that?

Good.

Now what is your problem?

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 15 Apr 2002, 14:34

Karl,

Cool it and discuss the subject of the forum instead of Timo.

/Marcus

Timo

Post by Timo » 15 Apr 2002, 14:42

Karl wrote:My, my Timo. You really got a stick up your ass, don’t you?

Simplification for Timoje:

I personally think there would be no point to the thing without the proper markings. Mr. Yerger on the other hand doesn’t care for paint jobs but would rather just watch the birds fly. One is important to me, the other to Mr. Yerger. It’s relative, just like God. Follow that?

Good.

Now what is your problem?
Poor Karl,

Its a commercial product. They sold several despite the missing swastika. They also know that, due to laws in several countries and the feelings of their buyers, that applying swastikas would not be a wise move. Perhaps they apply a swastika if the buyer askes for it, but from a commercial point of view it would be a dumb move to say that they have to be historically correct at all cost.
Perhaps the swastika is an option. In that case the buyers of the planes we've seen so far decided not to carry that marking.

The end

Karl

Post by Karl » 15 Apr 2002, 15:06

Marcus, why do you lecture me and not Timo?

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 15 Apr 2002, 15:13

Karl wrote:Marcus, why do you lecture me and not Timo?
Simply because I feel you were provoking him, not the other way around.

/Marcus

Karl

Post by Karl » 15 Apr 2002, 15:14

Poor Karl,

Its a commercial product. They sold several despite the missing swastika. They also know that, due to laws in several countries and the feelings of their buyers, that applying swastikas would not be a wise move. Perhaps they apply a swastika if the buyer askes for it, but from a commercial point of view it would be a dumb move to say that they have to be historically correct at all cost.
Perhaps the swastika is an option. In that case the buyers of the planes we've seen so far decided not to carry that marking.

The end
Your point is?

You have made no sense here at all nor have you yet to make a point vis-à-vis my original comment. You proclaimed it a useless discussion and that is about all. The rest was contention.

So was it for the sake of contention?

And was it good for you?

??? You are a strange guy Timo.

Karl

Mr. Webmaster

Post by Karl » 15 Apr 2002, 15:15

I am too tired for this BS.

Goodnight.

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”