LW transport fleet - losses, operations, stock, production

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
Carl Schwamberger
Host - Allied sections

Re: LW transport fleet - losses, operations, stock, production

Post by Carl Schwamberger » 17 Mar 2021 05:12

Richard Anderson wrote:
17 Mar 2021 03:43
:lol: I developed an unhealthy fascination with Malta three years or so ago over one of these endless what if exercises. Plus, with a bit of luck I'll be spending a day there in September.
Pictures or it didn't happen.

Peter89

Post by Peter89 » 17 Mar 2021 07:07

Carl Schwamberger wrote:
17 Mar 2021 05:12
Richard Anderson wrote:
:lol: I developed an unhealthy fascination with Malta three years or so ago over one of these endless what if exercises. Plus, with a bit of luck I'll be spending a day there in September.
I'm just fascinated with this one day trip to Malta from the US. Was he to pick Mallorca, we might even meet for a copa de sangria!
“And while I am talking to you, mothers and fathers, I give you one more assurance. I have said this before, but I shall say it again, and again and again. Your boys are not going to be sent into any foreign wars." - FDR, October 1940

Richard Anderson

Post by Richard Anderson » 17 Mar 2021 07:19

Peter89 wrote:
17 Mar 2021 07:07
Carl Schwamberger wrote:
Richard Anderson wrote:
I'm just fascinated with this one day trip to Malta from the US. Was he to pick Mallorca, we might even meet for a copa de sangria!
Its a 24-day cruise out of Venezia, we have a day in Valleta and a day in Gozo...as well as a day in Chania.
"Is all this pretentious pseudo intellectual citing of sources REALLY necessary? It gets in the way of a good, spirited debate, destroys the cadence." POD, 6 October 2018

Peter89

Post by Peter89 » 17 Mar 2021 08:18

Richard Anderson wrote:
17 Mar 2021 07:19
Peter89 wrote:
17 Mar 2021 07:07
Carl Schwamberger wrote:
Richard Anderson wrote:
Its a 24-day cruise out of Venezia, we have a day in Valleta and a day in Gozo...as well as a day in Chania.
The northern Adriatic is beautiful. Lived there for a few months, and I still think it was the best scenery I've ever seen around the Mediterranean, and God knows I've traveled its northern coast from Thessaloniki to Barcelona.

“And while I am talking to you, mothers and fathers, I give you one more assurance. I have said this before, but I shall say it again, and again and again. Your boys are not going to be sent into any foreign wars." - FDR, October 1940

Richard Anderson

Post by Richard Anderson » 17 Mar 2021 16:07

Indeed. This will be our third cruise out of Venezia (also one out of Civatavecchia). Split, Dubrovnik, Kotor, and Corfu have been ports of call.
"Is all this pretentious pseudo intellectual citing of sources REALLY necessary? It gets in the way of a good, spirited debate, destroys the cadence." POD, 6 October 2018

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”