Luftwaffe (Funkhorch) location Netherlands Rijswijk

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
Remco de Goede

Luftwaffe (Funkhorch) location Netherlands Rijswijk

Post by Remco de Goede » 28 Jan 2012 21:43

Dear all,

For many years now I'm studying on a Luftwaffe location build in het Netherlands, Rijswijk Park Overvoorde (next to The Hague).

Have found lots of info over the years but still figuring out the final conclusion.

In a nutshell the following info

- 18/03/1941 167 people of Ln. Fu.H Kp. 10.2 Feldpostnr L 21643
- 28/09/1942 LFL. Kdo. 3, 4 Ln.Fu.H.rgt west 1/61/85 also this doc mention 1x Adcock H-stelle
- 1943 dutch resistance is talking about a Radiostation
- 1942 a letter of Deutsche Dienstpost Niederlande (DDPN)is also talking about radiostation Rijswijk (they are maybe interested in this location) as the present location (Forschungsstelle Langeveld) was not safe anymore. But finaly they moved to Valkenswaard
- 22 crew (kuver) bunkers were build
- 1 x SK betriebsstand (38.7 mtr x 12 mtr)
- Some brick /wooden building for other functions,
- tobruks and minefields for protection were build

For the moment we are thinking this location was or a Funkhorchstelle. But also some parts are letting us think this maybe was a part of Gorings Forschungsamt. But we don't have any prove for this
The problem is that we have never found any official document till 1944 which is exactly telling us what the germans did on this location. As from 1944 it's clear (it was a quartiermeister abt. for the Waffen SS)

I have some pictures (air and ground) from the location during the war (you can see some antenna wires (due to copyright I can not place the ground pictures here, but possible by mail).

Does someone have any idea what the function of this location could be.

All info is very welcome!

A part of my study you can find here (it's a little bit outdated as I presently have more info, but dind't want to put evrything on the internet. Sorry it's in Dutch)
http://www.bunkerfotos.nl/Overvoorde1.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jopaerya

Re: Luftwaffe (Funkhorch) location Netherlands Rijswijk

Post by jopaerya » 29 Jan 2012 15:18

Hello Remco

Map from 23-01-1944 still 4./Lu.Fu.Ho.Regt West with 4-76-85 , what strike me is the high number of NCO .

Map from 24-05-1944 the Stp. XLVIII with troops from the Bfh.d.W.-SS Qu.Abt but also a few troops from
the Na.Fern.Aufkl.Kp.0 13 or 613 .

Regards Jos

Remco de Goede

Post by Remco de Goede » 29 Jan 2012 18:31

Hi Jos do you have a copy for me from the document of 23.01.1944? I was also wondering about the high number of nco's.

SES
In memoriam

Post by SES » 30 Jan 2012 09:09

Hi,
This is more than a little interesting. The locations of the HQs of the Funkaufklärungs Dients are very elusive, and this iweekend (thanks to Jos) is first time I have seen a description like this.
Now we "just" miss the rest, please see:
http://www.gyges.dk/Ln%20FunkAufkl%20Op ... er%204.pdf
page 1., and no they were not colocated with the JD.
For a function of these HQs please see:
http://www.archive.org/details/gov.archives.arc.64890

bregds
SES

jopaerya

Post by jopaerya » 08 Oct 2020 09:01

The unit is the same but I can't find the location of the Stp. XXXXVIII , but the unit is transferred to Enschede .
Only a small unit was left behind at this location . Regards Jos ( NARA )
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”