- Posts: 6
- Joined: 04 Apr 2003 20:46
- Location: Germany
- Posts: 915
- Joined: 28 Feb 2003 20:40
- Location: Europe
The armored plating of the D-series Stuka was composed of:jennifer garrity wrote:Does anyone know about the clear, glass-like shield that is shaped like a bubble above the pilot and co-pilot on a Stuka...is that called the "armored plating" of the plane? If not, what is it made of and what is it called?
- 4mm thick steel pilot's seat;
- 8mm thick steel plate behind pilot's head;
- 8mm thick steel plate on the cockpit floor;
- 5mm thick steel plate on the rear gunner's cockpit floor;
- 8mm thick steel plate rear bulkhead, behind gunner's cockpit.
To my knowledge, the flimsy "glasshouse" above cockpit was not "armored"(bulletproof multi-layered glass).
~The White Trash
- Posts: 3378
- Joined: 10 Mar 2002 19:27
- Location: Reading, Pa