Luftwaffe airial combat victories - 25/12/44

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
Andrew Arthy

Re: Luftwaffe airial combat victories - 25/12/44

Post by Andrew Arthy » 18 May 2013, 03:48

Hi Jonathon,

Thanks for your email, which I will reply to soon.

Given the information from the German and Allied sources regarding times and locations, I would suggest that he was the victim of III./JG 26. The rough map I did above shows that the Gruppe would have flown almost directly over Dingden, and we know that it flew its mission prior to 13:05, while Scott was shot down on a mission from 10:30 to 12:05. There is also the fact that III./JG 26 claimed Tempests shot down (very similar to a Typhoon).

Unfortunately no names are known for the III./JG 26 claimants, and it's unlikely that a source will be discovered revealing those names, so I can only provide a partial answer.

Cheers,
Andrew A.
Air War Publications - http://www.facebook.com/airwarpublications

jonv@v

Post by jonv@v » 24 May 2013, 07:24

Thanks for all your effort Andrew. You have come so very very close to getting the answer - maybe, just maybe, someone out there knows something more and will respond to this thread.

I will send you further pages from Scott's log book during the course of next week.

Best Regards,

JonV

Aalten

Post by Aalten » 27 Jun 2019, 15:26

Hi all,

I am new on this forum. I am Mark from Aalten (Netherlands) and together with my father doing re-searching to everything happened during the second world war in our vicinity. We both work together with the local museums, and since a few years we show expositions about topics happened during the war. I found your very interesting story by searching trough Google, and are very curious to more detailed information about scotts adventure in and above Aalten.

Best regards Mark

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”