Luftwaffe Messes still operating as Hotels

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
Sheldrake

Luftwaffe Messes still operating as Hotels

Post by Sheldrake » 13 May 2017, 10:56

I am planning some battlefield tours of the German side of the Battle of Britain and channel coast air war under my other identity www.airpowertours.com These include travel by 1940s vintage transport aircraft. The tour will cover the coast from Dunkerque to Abbeville and inland to Amiens. Cue the Luftwaffe marsh from the Battle of Britain or Bomben auf Engeland.

What buildings were used as officers accommodation and messing?

Are there any photographs of Luftwaffe officers in restaurants or Hotels in Dunkerque, Calais, Wissant, Wimereaux, Boulogne, Montreuil, Etaples, Le Touquet, Abbeville or Amiens?

Are any of these still in use as hotels or restaurants?

wryter

Re: Luftwaffe Messes still operating as Hotels

Post by wryter » 17 May 2017, 16:32

It may be off your intended route, but the Hotel Muguet in Paris was used as a billet/mess for Luftwaffe officers stationed in the capital. It's still one of the finest small hotels in Paris.

Prosper Vandenbroucke

Re: Luftwaffe Messes still operating as Hotels

Post by Prosper Vandenbroucke » 17 May 2017, 18:08

The Grand Hôtel at Wimereux still exists. German officers were living there during the occupation of France, but it's now a location for appartements during the holidays.
Kindly regards from Belgium and sorry for my bad english. :wink: :wink:

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”