Top Non-Commissioned Officer Ace

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
Swapilot

Top Non-Commissioned Officer Ace

Postby Swapilot » 08 Dec 2017 20:49

I apologize if this has been asked before. Who was the highest scoring German Non-Commissioned Officer Ace during WW2? I know Oberfeldwebel Heinz “Negus” Marquardt had 121 confirmed kills, but I don’t know if there was another Non-Com with more kills. Thanks in advance for the help!
Well boys, we got three engines out, we got more holes in us than a horse trader's mule, the radio is gone and we're leaking fuel and if we was flying any lower why we'd need sleigh bells on this thing...

Cheers,
Wiilie

NagaSadow

Re: Top Non-Commissioned Officer Ace

Postby NagaSadow » 09 Dec 2017 09:07

Hello!

Depends. Ernst-Wilhelm Reinert was credited with 140 victories before he was promoted to Leutnant in April 1943 and Otto Kittel had 123 victories when he was promoted.

Swapilot

Postby Swapilot » 09 Dec 2017 13:06

Thank you so very much for the info, I really appreciate it.
Well boys, we got three engines out, we got more holes in us than a horse trader's mule, the radio is gone and we're leaking fuel and if we was flying any lower why we'd need sleigh bells on this thing...

Cheers,
Wiilie

Doktor Krollspell

Postby Doktor Krollspell » 28 Dec 2017 23:26

Not to forget Oberfeldwebel Leopold Steinbatz of JG 52 who was the first NCO to receive the Schwerten (no. 14) to his Ritterkreuz with Eichenlauben on 23.VI.1942 for 99 victories (The leading NCO ace at the time of his death). Oberfeldwebel Steinbatz had died in combat just three weeks prior to his posthumous awards of the Swords. He was also posthumously promoted to Leutnant.

Regards,

Krollspell

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”