Markings on Aircraft

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
brimmy

Markings on Aircraft

Post by brimmy » 14 Sep 2018, 20:52

First of all i want to apologise in advance if my question well is perhaps thought of as a little bit silly. However i would add that i joined groups/forums like this to educate myself on this genre so i would be very appreciative of any help anyone can give me

My question i am hoping to get answered is that i seem to recall seeing pictures of German aircraft with two Hakenkreuz on each wing. I cannot recall what aircraft whether it was the ME 109 or a Heinkel or another.

Considering amount of picture i have now seen or any video clips during WW2 era i dont seem to have seen any further examples. I now am doubting myself did i indeed see these double markings on each wing or would that simply not have happened.

With so much doubt now i have is it possible i remebered it as the Hakenkreuz but in fact it was something different.

Thank you

von thoma

Re: Markings on Aircraft

Post by von thoma » 14 Sep 2018, 21:50

Confusing crosses on german aircrafts ;

First Finnish markings :
Bf 109.png
Second a Romanian airplane :
bf_109e-3_nr_35.jpg
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

Waleed Y. Majeed

Re: Markings on Aircraft

Post by Waleed Y. Majeed » 15 Sep 2018, 08:56

Has this not alteady been asked and replied to in an other post? viewtopic.php?f=49&t=237242

waleed

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”