Helmut Eberspächer/ Willie Maximowitz information

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
maxuechtritz

Helmut Eberspächer/ Willie Maximowitz information

Post by maxuechtritz » 18 Oct 2019, 07:47

I am researching the role of Oberleutnant Helmut Eberspächer at Dreux in 1944. He took off from Dreux for his famous action in which he shot down three Lancaster bombers in a few minutes on D-Day. His I./SKG 10 had moved to Dreux only a few days earlier (from Rosières-en-Santerre). I am keen to find photos - any photos - of Luftwaffe at their Dreux HQ at Chateau de Saint-Georges Mötel at any time during 1940-1944. This chateau was famous for being owned by Jacques Balsan and his wife Consuelo Vanderbilt/Churchill Balsan, the former Duchess of Marlborough . Winston Churchill did his last peacetime painting at this chateau in 1939. We are doing it's fascinating history. We understand other Luftwaffe aces Willie Maximowitz and Kurt Dahlmann also were based at the Chateau - and that both Göring and Goebbels paid visits during 1940-44. Any information and pointers to photos or even film footage would be greatly appreciated. Private message is fine. Thanks.

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”