Luftwaffe combat air sorties in Eastern Front 1941-45?

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
jmadison

Re: Luftwaffe combat air sorties in Eastern Front 1941-45?

Post by jmadison » 22 Nov 2023 16:56

Hello,

I'm coming into this thread very late, it's been the only place I've found anything on the net in regard to combat sorties. Maybe I'm just not searching well enough or using the right key word searches. :|

Could someone point me to the digests or book literature Art was referring to? Most of the links on this thread were not working for me as well. I'm designing an operational war game/simulation and one of the silos I'm writing rules for is the air system. I've been trying to find sortie rates for both sides in an attempt to build data so I can reflect this in the rules/system draft. Comparing losses as well as how fast units lose operational flight worthy aircraft is also important. Our game begins on June 22 1941 and runs through December 1944.

I have Bergstrom's Red Star Black Cross book on Barbarossa but it's not deep diving into sortie rates very much. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

John

Art
Forum Staff

Post by Art » 26 Nov 2023 17:01

jmadison wrote:
22 Nov 2023 16:56
Could someone point me to the digests or book literature Art was referring to?
"Soviet air forces in the Great Patriotic War 1941-45 in numbers", an official statistical digest from 1962. See:
http://militera.lib.ru/h/sovaviation/index.html
or
https://prussia.online/books/sovetskaya ... 41-1945-gg

Actually I remember seeing it several years ago translated to Spanish (!) but I don't remember where.

I don't know where to find complete data of LW sorties.

jmadison

Post by jmadison » 27 Nov 2023 20:42

Thanks Art!

:)

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”