Luftwaffe/Luftflotte 5 attacks on Arctic Convoys WW2

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
Hugh Sebag-Montefiore

Luftwaffe/Luftflotte 5 attacks on Arctic Convoys WW2

Post by Hugh Sebag-Montefiore » 30 Jun 2020, 15:42

Hello I am a historian writing a book about the Arctic convoys of WW2. I have been commissioned by the British publisher Harper Collins. I am wondering whether any forum users have any interesting information about the Luftwaffe units and aircraft which attacked these convoys. For example do any you know of any vivid written or recorded accounts of what was witnessed or relevant photos or little-known books. I am particularly interested in accounts of what happened on those convoys where there were battles or where ships were sunk. If anyone can help, please contact me. It would also be very useful if you could tell me about any other groups, associations, clubs, online forums or people that I should contact. I would be most grateful for any suggestions.

Spearfish

Re: Luftwaffe/Luftflotte 5 attacks on Arctic Convoys WW2

Post by Spearfish » 13 Aug 2020, 11:54

Sir
You might like to try the National Aerospace Library in Farnborough were there may be a collection of German books including unit histories of KG 26 and KG 100 as well as a history of Luftwaffe operations in that theatre by an American author. You might possibly find some specks of gold dust in E.R.Hooton's books on the Luftwaffe, although he no longer writes on this subject. If you wish to know more use the private message board

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”