Airfield in Schwieben

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
Zafir12

Airfield in Schwieben

Post by Zafir12 » 05 Sep 2021, 22:03

Hello,
Some time ago I came across various reports that in Schwieben (today it is Świbie-Poland now, then Germany) there was a field airfield used by the Luftwaffe during World War II. I am looking for as much information as possible on this subject, I know that 4 / H.31 unit was stationed there at the beginning of the war, but I have some information that probably other units were stationed there (or were staying) for most of the war. Every piece of information, photo and document counts. I also know that the plane crashed there: 30.6.42 10.08 Uhr Obg. Werner Enderline 4./Erg.Jagdgruppe Ost 3 km NW Schwieben b. Gleiwitz.
Someone knows something about it?

Larry D.

Re: Airfield in Schwieben

Post by Larry D. » 06 Sep 2021, 15:17

I have nothing in my files on Schweiben (Świbie) other to confirm that it was a Feldflugplatz and 4.(H)/Aufkl.Gr. 31 moved from Brieg to it 3 or 4 days before the war started. I suggest you use the on-line TsAMO 500 Fond 12452 material that contains all (or nearly all) of the Luftwaffe files for the invasion of Poland in September 1939: http://wwii.germandocsinrussia.org/de/n ... estand-500.

L.

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”