Fallschirmjäger Pioneers

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
Stefan1423

Fallschirmjäger Pioneers

Post by Stefan1423 » 31 Mar 2022, 23:24

Greetings to all,

I have recently developed an interest in Fallschirmjäger Pioneers/Field Engineers and have come across a couple of questions, of which I would appreciate the help to answer;

My main question, which mostly revolves on building a Re-Enactment Impression, is what equipment did the FJ Pioneers, if any, have?
I looked at several pictures of FJ pioneers, most with Flammenwerfers or some travelling with AT Mines, but I never noticed a clear difference to the equipment.
For example, did they use the standard Pioneer Assault pack? Perhaps used when gliding or when performing as field troops?

I have been informed that one of the main differences one could see in some photos is a black band around the arm to show that that particular FJ was a pioneer, but nothing else.

Please note that I am relatively new here and so I apologise if i posted this on the wrong forum.
In the meantime, many thanks to any replies with information, they will be greatly appreciated.

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”