FLAK TOWER IN HUMMBOLDTHAIN PARK (BERLIN)

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
Maksym Chornyi

Post by Maksym Chornyi » 29 Oct 2022 13:06

The skeleton of the last Flak tower in Berlin was neither my priority nor the first location on the list while visiting Berlin in 2019. Yet the site has an incredible historical depth which I found out during researching and writing this article of 11 000 words. In this exhaustingly detailed material based on 50+ books, maps, and archival findings, I would lead you through the story of the German air defense philosophy between two World Wars, the reestablishments of the flak forces, their role in WWII, the history of the infamous Flak towers in the Third Reich and in Berlin particularly, the detailed history of the Humboldthain park and its pair of towers until nowadays. Apart from my photos from the site, I used 80+ archival photos, some never published before for this work to be complete.

I wholeheartedly appreciate your feedback on the article and I wish you good reading, insightful books, and exciting journeys.

https://war-documentary.info/berlin-fla ... hain-park/

Hans1906

Re: FLAK TOWER IN HUMMBOLDTHAIN PARK (BERLIN)

Post by Hans1906 » 31 Oct 2022 20:03

Hi Maksym Chornyi,

I still find your elaborations terrific, they are real exceptions in the mass of Internet links.

You already realize that it takes weeks to read all this, to internalize it...

Your work on these topics is extraordinary, I really hope that you will find a better platform for your work, I wish you the very best...
If I could write like you, my texts would be bestsellers worldwide...

You will succeed, for sure, but translating your format into a TV format is going to be difficult.
You realize that...

Hans
„Im Leben gibt’s die Bösen und die Guten. Und die dazwischen, das sind die Bagaluten.“

Luft 76

Re: FLAK TOWER IN HUMMBOLDTHAIN PARK (BERLIN)

Post by Luft 76 » 14 Nov 2022 17:46

Hello

Great article and work or sure. Congratulations !

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”