nazi saucers

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
T. A. Gardner

Re: nazi saucers

Post by T. A. Gardner » 11 Sep 2023 23:41

ewest89 wrote:
11 Sep 2023 16:10
I would like the title of that excellent book on early Soviet SAM systems. I notice that Wright Field is missing. They were a massive assembly of departments who studied captured German aircraft during and right after the war. They have documents related to German surface to air missiles. And captured documents related to German ejection seats.
I already got the Air Force Historical Center to give me electronic copies of stuff I wanted.

Cantankerous

Post by Cantankerous » 12 Sep 2023 20:57

ewest89 wrote:
10 Sep 2023 02:57
Your reply drips with bias. On the back cover of the book The Horten Flying Wing in World War II by H.P. Dabrowski, there are two photos: one shows the H VII, and the other, the B-2. The caption states: "Forty-five years lie between these two photographs!"
Although the Northrop B-2 has the same wingspan as the B-35 and B-49, it should be noted that Lockheed was the first company to propose stealthy flying wings for the US Air Force. The first Lockheed flying wing aircraft designed to use stealth was envisaged in early 1978 for the BSAX (Battlefield Surveillance Aircraft-Experimental) competition that was won by the Northrop N-345/AP-1 Tacit Blue, and also in 1978 Lockheed began design studies for a stealthy flying wing bomber under codename Senior Peg (Northrop's Senior Ice/Senior Cejay design studies for what would become the B-2 were initiated in 1979).

ewest89

Post by ewest89 » 12 Sep 2023 21:30

T. A. Gardner wrote:
11 Sep 2023 23:41
ewest89 wrote:
11 Sep 2023 16:10
I would like the title of that excellent book on early Soviet SAM systems. I notice that Wright Field is missing. They were a massive assembly of departments who studied captured German aircraft during and right after the war. They have documents related to German surface to air missiles. And captured documents related to German ejection seats.
I already got the Air Force Historical Center to give me electronic copies of stuff I wanted.

Thank you. That was helpful.

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”