Foo-Fighters Were German: The Evidence

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
Topspeed

Post by Topspeed » 23 Jan 2006, 08:23

ohrdruf wrote: In the same way that it is impossible to estimate distance at night, it was impossible for Allied aircrew to estimate the size of the "glowing balls of fire" close to their aircraft in what appeared to be another Airspace. Estimates varied from "basketball-sized" to "as big as a fighter plane", and now we suspect that the latter was more likely. Less likely, accordingly, is that "foo-fighters" were remote controlled. We have to take into consideration the possibility that they were crewed.
I can only say if there really were bright lites..they could have been sightings of V2:s from behind..after the launch at the highest speed on their trajectory.

V-2s were supposed to be the last Wunderwaffe of the Third Reich.

Davide Pastore

Post by Davide Pastore » 23 Jan 2006, 12:56

Salazar wrote:THis is more the script of a Phillip K. Dick book. :)
PKD was a genius - he would have wrote it in a much better and visionary way ("The nazis did not invent the flying saucers - It's the flying saucers aliens who disguised themselves as nazis to start WW2, just for having the chance to film it all and showing at their next movie festival, winning the Academy Award for their movie about warfare amongst underdeveloped cultures").
Salazar wrote:How many people wewe drivin in autobahn by the end of the war... In what cars and with what fuel ? :)
I have another objection:
ohrdruf wrote:his engine cut out suddenly. This also happened to all other car drivers on that stretch of the highway. Black-uniformed Gestapo arrived
Assuming all engines have stopped dead (I really don't understand the reason, but let's assume it happened) how did the Gestapo "arrived"?
By walk? On bicycle? On skateboard? Teleportation?

Davide

MAX_theHitMan

Post by MAX_theHitMan » 24 Jan 2006, 21:46

Davide Pastore wrote:

PKD was a genius - he would have wrote it in a much better and visionary way ("The nazis did not invent the flying saucers - It's the flying saucers aliens who disguised themselves as nazis to start WW2, just for having the chance to film it all and showing at their next movie festival, winning the Academy Award for their movie about warfare amongst underdeveloped cultures".
:lol: That is funny...probably very true too.
It scares me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
ohrdruf wrote:his engine cut out suddenly. This also happened to all other car drivers on that stretch of the highway. Black-uniformed Gestapo arrived
Assuming all engines have stopped dead (I really don't understand the reason, but let's assume it happened) how did the Gestapo "arrived"?

Davide
You forgot to mention, rollerskates. :D
Skaterboards were only invented in the late 1960´s, but rollerskates were available during World War 2.
By having long-stretches of highway (Autobahnn) and the diesel-gas was running short (for cars) in the last few years of the Third Reich, the Gestapo could move confortably on rollerskates on the autobahn. :wink:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No matter how much you research it, no one will ever find the truth.
It is like looking for Noahs Ark, or the Holy Grail. People just talk about the legend... but will never have real proof.

Michael Emrys

Post by Michael Emrys » 25 Jan 2006, 00:28

MAX_theHitMan wrote:Skaterboards were only invented in the late 1960´s...
Point of order, Mr. Chairman.

When I arrived in Los Angeles in August of 1963, the teenagers were already using skateboards and appeared to have been doing so for some time. I deduce from that that the device must have been invented and put into production months if not years prior to that.

BTW, not having heard the term 'skate-boarding', I called it 'roller surfing', a much more colorful descriptive IMO. Alas, my coinage did not catch on. Cést la vie.

Michael

MAX_theHitMan

Post by MAX_theHitMan » 25 Jan 2006, 01:31

You´re quite right Michael Emrys, I meant to say late 1950´s... and "roller-surfing" sounds like a pretty cool name, if I say so myself too. Too bad that it didn´t catch on back then.
Anyway,
this strange story of highway Gestapo is just too bizarre for me to believe.
But It would make a very cool Hollywood B-Movie like Ed Wood´s "Plan-9 From Outer Space" LOL

I still think it is Earths weather phenomenon, sort of like Ball lightning, but that is only my opinion.

roggenwolf

Post by roggenwolf » 25 Jan 2006, 07:03

Bonus points for mentioning Edward D. Wood Jr! :D

Topspeed

Post by Topspeed » 25 Jan 2006, 10:02

Davide Pastore wrote:
What if Gestapo was so evil that even the alien jinxs did not work on them ? See the gestapo had the saucers ! :lol:

roggenwolf

Post by roggenwolf » 25 Jan 2006, 10:19

Naturally they arrived in one of the two functioning 90-metre long Andromeda-Gerät motherships, accompanied by an HJ marching band, George Adamski and Elvis. All of this went unnoticed by the Allies, of course, because they were too busy bombing Prague back into the Stone Age. I hear that the incident is covered in Hans Fälscht's upcoming book, I'm a little teapot ...

Davide Pastore

Post by Davide Pastore » 25 Jan 2006, 14:02

MAX_theHitMan wrote: :lol: That is funny...probably very true too.
It scares me.
There is a chilling Fredric Brown's story about the mankind history being just a long chess game between the Blacks and the Reds - black ants against red ants. The plot is casually discovered by Napoleon - the real Napoleon, time-warped from 1797 to 1950s America because he was not good enough for the job and was excahnged by his Player with a different guy.

OK, stop with the sci-fi stuff.
MAX_theHitMan wrote:It is like looking for Noahs Ark, or the Holy Grail. People just talk about the legend... but will never have real proof.
Well, I don't ask for proofs, but at least I want a logical story were logical things happens.

Davide

Davide Pastore

Post by Davide Pastore » 25 Jan 2006, 14:07

Michael Emrys wrote:I deduce from that that the device must have been invented and put into production months if not years prior to that.
They might have been reverse-engineered from the debris of the Roswell crash.
Sadly, the Area 51 guys have not yet discovered how to make them fly - in the original (alien) version, the wheels worked only as a landing carriage.

Davide

heinrichreich
Banned

Post by heinrichreich » 26 Jan 2006, 23:03

gabriel pagliarani wrote:Foo? Kung Fu? C' u fù? I am vomiting...aaaargh! What is your drug? Can I taste it too?
you are not serious and educated. please try to be calm and respectous arround what we are saying please.

Are you able to don't offend no one and stay like serious ??

Antonio_2006

Post by Antonio_2006 » 31 Jan 2006, 16:42

The following 1945-press articles (from "The New York Times" and "TIME") might be relevant to the Foo-Fighter mystery:

THE NEW YORK TIMES. October 27, 1945. Page-1:

1,400-MILE SPEED IS ATTAINED BY SUPERSONIC FLYING DEVICES

By Russell Porter
Special to THE NEW YORK TIMES.

BUFFALO, Oct. 26–Special flying devices in the supersonic field, built for the Government in cooperation with other organizations, have attained speeds of 1,400 miles an hour, almost twice the speed of sound, Dr. C. C. Furnas, director of the Curtiss-Wright Research Laboratory, revealed here today.

Dr. Furnas said that he was speaking of true flying devices, not artillery shells or rockets, and that they were being flown in tests “somewhere in the United Sates.” In some cases the devices have wings, and they do not depend on propellers or atomic energy for power, but this was about the only information that could be given about them, for reasons of military security.

“This is one place where we have not been behind the Germans in this sort of research,” said Dr. Furnas. “It shows we really mean business in the matter of speed, that it is not an academic subject with us. This is a landmark in aviation, leading right up to future developments that would have been considered strictly of Buck Rogers quality a few years ago. It is the development of an idea which is about 50 years old.”

He said that his company had been working on the project for a year, and that it would be several years before it could be used importantly for military purposes. Perhaps twenty-five years from now, he said, it might be available for commercial passenger transportation, if people wanted to use it and were willing to pay the high costs of producing such devices, which he doubted. He thought 500 to 600 miles an hour probably would be the economiically-practicable limit of future commercial aviation.

A new telemetering system whereby pictures of the instrument panel are transmitted by television is being used to study the flights of the special devices.

Although the special devices are not man-carrying, which indicates they could be used as guided missiles to carry atomic bombs or other destructive forces, Dr. Furnas said that the research staff was studying the problem of pilot ejection from high speed aircraft by jettisoning part of the structure within which the pilot would be safe.

If a pilot should jump from a plane flying at supersonic speed, he pointed out, sure death would result.

Dr. Furnas made his statement to a group of newspaper men making a tour of the country, arranged by the National Association of Manufacturers, to survey the progress of reconversion. They did not learn much about reconversion as such today, since they visited nothing but aircraft plants, whose problem is not reconversion so much as contraction from abnormally heavy wartime demands to peacetime production which is only a small fraction of war production.

After inspecting wind tunnels and altitude chambers in the Curtiss-Wright laboratory, the reporters visited the Bell Aircraft Corporation at Niagara Falls, N. Y., where they saw a demonstration of the helicopter, and some were chosen by lot to take short flights in one.

Lawrence D. Bell, president, declared that his coompany’s plans for commercial aircraft production centered largely around the helicopter. In ten or fiteen years, he predicted, helicopters would become as large an industry as orthodox aircraft building, and would take over and greatly enlarge the private plane market.

At present, however, he said, they had not been sufficiently developed structurally to be safe for private flying for the average person. This was largely due, he explained, to wartime restriction on their development for commercial and private use. Tremendous progress would be made in the next few years, he asserted.

There were only 300 to 500 helicopters in the world today, he went on. He intends to get into production some time next year at the rate of fifty a month. The company is also engaged in experimental and development work on military aircraft.

The newspaper group flew here, from Akron, Ohio, this morning.
TIME - Science / Monday, Nov. 05, 1945

FASTER THAN SOUND

From Buffalo last week came a tantalizing fragment of news. Some sort of "special flying devices," said Dr. C. C. Furnas, head of Curtiss-Wright's research laboratory, had attained speeds of 1,400 m.p.h.—almost twice the speed of sound. When reporters quizzed him, Dr. Furnas added a few details. But he was far from specific about just what the "devices" were.

* They were not artillery shells or rockets, but actually flew, some of them with wings. They had been test-flown
"somewhere in the U.S."

* They did not use propellers or atomic energy.

* At present they did not carry pilots, but contained a television set which watched the instrument panel, thus permitting their flight to be observed in detail (see above). Apparently they were not expected to make safe landings, for Dr. Furnas spoke of designing detachable sections to allow a pilot to bail out. Jumping unprotected into a 1,400-m.p.h. slip stream would be sure death.

The TIME-release can be found on this URL (at the TIME Online-Archive):

http://time-proxy.yaga.com/time/archive ... 28,00.html

The source of this information was Dr. Clifford Cook Furnas, a very respected air scientist that later (from 1955 to 1957) became "Assistant Secretary for Defense for Research and Development":
FURNAS, Clifford Cook (1900-1969):
Biography/History: Chancellor, University of Buffalo, 1954-1962; chairman, Guided Missile Commission, Research and Development Board, 1952-1953; chairman, Department of Defense Advisory Panel on Aeronautics, 1954-1969; member, National Advisory Committee for Aeronautics, 1955-1957; Assistant Secretary for Defense for Research and Development, 1955-1957; chairman, Air Navigation Development Board, 1956-1957; member, Defense Science Board, 1957-1969; member, Naval Research Advisory Committee, 1958-1959; chairman, Defense Science Board, 1961-1965; vice chairman, National Research Council, 1968-1969.
http://libserv.aip.org:81/ipac20/ipac.j ... icos#focus

Regards,
Antonio.

MAX_theHitMan

Post by MAX_theHitMan » 19 Feb 2006, 19:32

Hello Antonio_2006, I believe what they are reporting there in that article was about captured weapons from Germany, being tested in the deserts of the USA.
Weapons like the V-1 and V-2 rockets.
In one instance a V-2 rocket did carry a camera on-board and filmed for the first time the curvature of the earth and space, on one of its flight-tests. Look around the internet about it and you will see a picture of this.

Antonio_2006

Post by Antonio_2006 » 20 Feb 2006, 17:57

Hello Max:

The V1 is out question, because its speed was at best 450 miles per hour, but never 1400 miles per hour. The other possible explanation seems to be the V2; this was also my first idea. But the fact is that Dr. Furnas said specifically the "devices" were not rockets:

The NEW YORK TIMES:
Dr. Furnas said that he was speaking of true flying devices, not artillery shells or rockets ...
TIME:
* They were not artillery shells or rockets, but actually flew, some of them with wings.
But even if this is not enough for you, look at the official web-site of the "White Sands Missile Range" and check the Firing Tables summarizing all V2-flights at White Sands:

http://www.wsmr.army.mil/pao/FactSheets/V2/v-2tab.htm

As you can see, there was no V2-flight before April 1946! This is also confirmed on this link:
In all, 67 V-2 rockets were assembled and tested at White Sands between 1946 and 1952, providing the U.S. with valuable experience in the assembly, pre-flight testing, handling, fueling, launching, and tracking of large missiles. The scientific experiments conducted aboard the V-2 yielded significant information about the upper atmosphere, and one series of tests, the "Blossom Project," carried out the first biological experiments in space. Landmark tests included:

V-2 No. 1: First firing, static test for 57 seconds; March 15, 1946
V-2 No. 2: First flight test, altitude 18,000 feet; April 16, 1946
V-2 No. 3: First high altitude flight, altitude 70 miles; May 10, 1946
V-2 No. 9: First separation of nose cone; July 30, 1946
V-2 No. 13: Motion pictures showing Earth's curvature: October 24, 1946
V-2 No. 19: First auto pilot system used, forerunner of remote controlled rocket; Jan.23, 1947

http://www.wsmr.army.mil/pao/FactSheets/V2/v-2.htm
Dr. Furnas made his surprising statement by the end of October-45, and at this time (many months before the first V2 took off in America) the devices he is talking about had already been flying for a while!

Takao

Post by Takao » 21 Feb 2006, 05:23

I hate to rain on your parade Antonio_2006, however, Dr. C. C. Furnas are not relevant to UFO's.
Curtis Wright was part of a project, begun in 1944, to develop a sucessful anti-kamikaze weapon for the US Navy. What came as fruit from this project was the Bumblebee,a radar guided, ramjet powered missile. During a demonstration flight on October 16, 1945, the bumblebee achieved a speed of 1,400 mph. Later tests with larger engines reached 1,500 mph.

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”