Luftwaffe Mutiny in March 1945

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
Larry D.

Post by Larry D. » 19 Sep 2004 12:51

"End of discussion" for me, Ohrdruf. What the Moderator chooses to do is his business. I am only interested in the exchange of factual information on this Forum. If others wish to devote their time and energy to proffering and arguing over dubious "ideas", then have at it, but PLEASE keep it off the main topical Forums. One doesn't wash one's dirty socks in the family's supply of clean drinking water.

Larry

David C. Clarke
In memoriam

Post by David C. Clarke » 19 Sep 2004 17:25

So Guys, this could be an interesting Thread. Could we all endeavor to conduct ourselves as "Gentlemen Pilots" and stay out of the trench warfare of personal insults?

Any further personal atacks will result in harsh measures against the offender.

Bestens,
~D, the EviL

ohrdruf

Post by ohrdruf » 23 Sep 2004 17:20

I have now received a reply from Friedrich Georg, author of "Siegeswaffen I", the source of my information regarding "General der Flieger Barber." This is a typesetting error in his book, the correct name in the original is "Barsewisch".

In offering my apologies for the mistake, I would add that a researcher would not necessarily be alerted to error by the fact that a name did not look German. The U-boat commander Diggins, for example, was born in Islington, North London.

DavidFrankenberg

Re:

Post by DavidFrankenberg » 29 Jun 2019 02:35

ohrdruf wrote:
23 Sep 2004 17:20
I have now received a reply from Friedrich Georg, author of "Siegeswaffen I", the source of my information regarding "General der Flieger Barber." This is a typesetting error in his book, the correct name in the original is "Barsewisch".

In offering my apologies for the mistake, I would add that a researcher would not necessarily be alerted to error by the fact that a name did not look German. The U-boat commander Diggins, for example, was born in Islington, North London.
Generalmajor der Luftwaffe Barber aka Barsewisch was not executed in 1945, he died in 1981.
https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_Henn ... Barsewisch

von thoma

Re: Luftwaffe Mutiny in March 1945

Post by von thoma » 29 Jun 2019 07:48

Certainly during the fighter pilots' revolt incident, Oberst Günther Lützow was threatened with a firing squad by Göring.....
" The right to believe is the right of those who don't know "

Sirkmicky

Re: Luftwaffe Mutiny in March 1945

Post by Sirkmicky » 10 Mar 2024 19:16

In microfilmreel A5714 p.533 states: "The execution, previously reported, of Luftwaffe General Baber, 16 airfield commanders and 85 officers and pilots on 31 march has been confirmed."

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”