German Bomber modified for A Bomb Delivery

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
HenryS

Re: German Bomber modified for A Bomb Delivery

Post by HenryS » 04 Mar 2010, 05:06

LWD wrote:
HenryS wrote:
Ironmachine wrote:HenryS, I want to think that you are not deliverately ignoring my question, so I will repeat it:
who made that report?
It is only the substance of the report which is in question. I have already stated that the writers cannot be named. That part of the report was deleted as were the index and notes, the measurement date, calculations and photo material. ....
I can produce all sorts of quotes/reports which "prove" all sorts of things. A report without providence or hard data is more likely to have been written by a Velikovsky than an Einstein. This brings the substance very much into question and where it conflicts with reports/publications that do have known authors and/or hard data it must be given lesser weight.
No,no. I am not citing the report and could never do so. This is, as you say, something much less than proof by which an academic argument can be won. But, there are many such reports as this in this field. This report is interesting and considering the source by which I got it and considering whom I think made the report, it is convincing to me. It was reproduced here because I asked if anyone was interested and stellung said he was interested so I retyped part of it.

But neither you nor anyone else have raised even one single issue with the report, only parroting the caveats which were given before the report was introduced. The Germans who saw the report had quite a bit to say and made some interesting comments based on those deductions--not directly as the report really was not acknowledged as such, but as comment about what the Ruegen Island explosion really was.

I you cannot comment on the substance of the report, just say so ---why would I care? But I don't have time to keep repeating the terms and conditions of the report or trying to coax a response out of you or the others.

Jon G.

Post by Jon G. » 04 Mar 2010, 20:53

Everybody, please stay on topic.

No matter how outrageous the claims made on this thread may appear to be, it is perfectly possible to engage them without becoming personal.

Sourcing requirements of course apply across the board, but, again, it is perfectly possible to call one another on faulty or imperfect sourcing without becoming perfidious or malicious.

HenryS

Post by HenryS » 05 Mar 2010, 06:55

phylo_roadking wrote:
No matter how outrageous the claims made on this thread may appear to be, it is perfectly possible to engage them without becoming personal
Indeed. Personally I would far rather that HenryS be merely "misinformed" on the origins of the report he was given, or merely negligent on checking the ultimate provenance of the material...whoever gave it to him may have just copied it out of Karlsch and not said.

They are bad enough for an author, but not as crippling as the other option.
As I have told you, maybe three times, I know, exactly, where it came from but I am not sharing this information. You and your cohorts, on the other hand, are unable to comment on it in any substantive matter.

Do you have something to say about Karlsch?

LWD

Post by LWD » 05 Mar 2010, 15:38

HenryS wrote: ...As I have told you, maybe three times, I know, exactly, where it came from but I am not sharing this information.
Then it effectivly counts as hear say or your opinion.
You and your cohorts, on the other hand, are unable to comment on it in any substantive matter.
By the rules of this forum we don't have to. You are the proponent you are suppose to be able to produce sourced data. You haven't. This is especially true when exceptional claims are being made such as the ones you make.

Ironmachine

Post by Ironmachine » 06 Mar 2010, 09:37

HenryS wrote:By the way, where is your February, 2006 report?
I think the proper response would be: "No,no. I am not citing the report and could never do so." :lol:

But I consider myself somewhat better than that. So until phylo gets a full copy, if he can, this will suffice:
In Bodenproben keine Spur von "Hitlers Bombe"

PTB legt Analysebericht zu Bodenproben aus dem thüringischen Ohrdruf vor
15.Februar 2006

[ptb] Das thüringische Ohrdruf steht unter Beobachtung, seitdem der Historiker Rainer Karlsch mit seinem Buch "Hitlers Bombe" Spekulationen um eine mögliche Kernexplosion in Hitler-Deutschland im Jahre 1945 nährte. Bodenproben aus dem dortigen Gebiet – heute ein Truppenübungsplatz der Bundeswehr – wurden in den letzten Monaten von der Physikalisch-Technischen Bundesanstalt (PTB) im Auftrag des Zweiten Deutschen Fernsehens (ZDF) untersucht. Die Ergebnisse der Radionuklidanalysen liegen jetzt vor. Die Messwerte geben keinen Hinweis, dass andere Quellen als der Fallout oberirdischer Atombomben-Tests in den 1950er/1960er Jahren und der Reaktorunfall in Tschernobyl im Jahr 1986 für die Bodenkontaminationen verantwortlich sind. Insgesamt zeigen die PTB-Messergebnisse für eine Kernexplosion "keinen Befund".

Die Thesen des Historikers Karlsch ließen im vergangenen Jahr auch das ZDF hellhörig werden. Bodenproben vom Truppenübungsplatz Ohrdruf wurden daher der PTB übergeben, um diese auf ihre Kontamination mit Radionukliden untersuchen zu lassen. Denn eine Kernexplosion, wann immer sie stattgefunden hat, könnte sich auch heute, angesichts der langen Halbwertszeiten gewisser Radionuklide, noch nachweisen lassen. Insgesamt acht Bodenproben wurden daher in den Laboratorien der PTB nach allen Regeln der Messkunst untersucht.

Manche Radionuklide "verraten" sich durch eine typische Gammastrahlung, die beim Zerfall der Atomkerne auftritt. Die PTB-Wissenschaftler nahmen daher zunächst die Gammaspektren der Proben unter die Lupe. Das Resultat: Alle gemessenen spezifischen Aktivitäten (Anzahl der radioaktiven Zerfälle pro Zeit, bezogen auf die Masse des Probenmaterials) sind gering und stammen vorwiegend von natürlich vorkommenden Radionukliden. Als künstlich erzeugtes Radionuklid konnte in den Proben nur Cs-137 nachgewiesen werden. Die für dieses Nuklid gefundenen Aktivitäten, für die vor allem der Reaktorunfall in Tschernobyl verantwortlich ist, liegen im Rahmen der überall in Deutschland zu findenden Bodenkontaminationen. Gerade Tschernobyl hat auch in Deutschland zu einer großen lokalen Variabilität der Bodenkontamination mit dem Radionuklid Cs-137 geführt. Die Belastungswerte variieren innerhalb Deutschlands sehr stark, je nachdem, wie viel Cs-137 durch Regen aus der kontaminierten "Tschernobyl"-Wolke ausgewaschen wurde.

Nach dieser gammaspektrometrischen Analyse wurden im zweiten Schritt speziell die Uranaktivitäten der Proben radiochemisch untersucht. Hintergrund: Eine explodierende Kernwaffe, für die hoch angereichertes Uran benötigt wird, müsste in der näheren Umgebung das natürliche Verhältnis der Uranisotope U-235 und U-238 verschieben. (Das natürliche Aktivitätsverhältnis besagt, dass auf 1000 Zerfälle von U-238 etwa 46 Zerfälle von U-235 kommen. Nach der Explosion einer Kernwaffe müssten deutlich mehr Zerfälle von U-235 zu finden sein.) Für jede Probe wurden daher drei Parallelanalysen an Untermengen von jeweils einigen Gramm durchgeführt. Die Aktivitäten der Uranisotope wurden durch die Messung der Alphastrahlung der Probenpräparate bestimmt. Um die Aktivitätsverhältnisse der Uranisotope U-235 und U-238 sicher bewerten zu können, wurden die Messzeiten für jede einzelne Probe auf mehrere Monate ausgedehnt. Auch hier ergaben die Messungen keinen Hinweis auf eine Kernexplosion: Die gemessenen Aktivitätsverhältnisse beider Uranisotope stimmen im Rahmen der Messunsicherheit mit dem natürlichen Aktivitätsverhältnis überein.

Die PTB-Untersuchungen an den vorliegenden Bodenproben sind somit abgeschlossen: Insgesamt ergaben die Radionuklidanalysen keinerlei Hinweis auf eine Kernexplosion im thüringischen Ohrdruf. Die Bodenproben zeigen lediglich Kontaminationen, die unter anderem auf den Reaktorunfall in Tschernobyl zurückgehen. Ein wissenschaftlicher Gegenbeweis zum behaupteten Kernwaffentest am Ende des Zweiten Weltkriegs kann aber weder mit dieser noch irgendeiner anderen Stichproben-Analyse erbracht werden. Eine endgültige Bewertung der historischen Zusammenhänge ist damit weiterhin offen.

Weitere Informationen:
Dr. Herbert Janßen
Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt
Fachbereich "Radioaktivität"
Tel.: +49(0)531 592 6100
E-mail: [email protected]

Dr. Dirk Arnold
Arbeitsgruppe "Umweltradioaktivität"
Tel.: +49(0)531 592 6120
http://www.ptb.de/en/aktuelles/archiv/p ... 060215.htm

It is even sourced and the identity of the authors is provided... no conspiracy here (I hope that does not make it less reputable in HenryS' opinion :wink: ).

phylo_roadking

Post by phylo_roadking » 06 Mar 2010, 19:32

I-M, indeed. Hardcopy of German-origin scientific reports isn't the sort of thing appears with any regularity in my local lending library, so I'm hoping Herr Jannsen will detail how I go about getting access to a copy.

And no, I'm not expecting him or anyone to tell me how or what to post here; I won't need him to. If the material HenryS posted up earlier appears in THAT report - then either he or his mysterious source have exerpted it selectively from Karlsch....

And thus any attempt to use that exerpted material to indicate an atomic device WAS detonated at the surveyed site is totally discredited by -
Das thüringische Ohrdruf steht unter Beobachtung, seitdem der Historiker Rainer Karlsch mit seinem Buch "Hitlers Bombe" Spekulationen um eine mögliche Kernexplosion in Hitler-Deutschland im Jahre 1945 nährte. Bodenproben aus dem dortigen Gebiet – heute ein Truppenübungsplatz der Bundeswehr – wurden in den letzten Monaten von der Physikalisch-Technischen Bundesanstalt (PTB) im Auftrag des Zweiten Deutschen Fernsehens (ZDF) untersucht. Die Ergebnisse der Radionuklidanalysen liegen jetzt vor. Die Messwerte geben keinen Hinweis, dass andere Quellen als der Fallout oberirdischer Atombomben-Tests in den 1950er/1960er Jahren und der Reaktorunfall in Tschernobyl im Jahr 1986 für die Bodenkontaminationen verantwortlich sind. Insgesamt zeigen die PTB-Messergebnisse für eine Kernexplosion "keinen Befund"
....as I have ALREADY appended to this thread.
So, are you saying Karlsch omitted material in his book on purpose?
Hmm - are YOU hereby admitting your material CAME from Karlsch? :wink: :lol:

HenryS

Post by HenryS » 07 Mar 2010, 06:10

Ironmachine wrote:
HenryS wrote:By the way, where is your February, 2006 report?
I think the proper response would be: "No,no. I am not citing the report and could never do so." :lol:

But I consider myself somewhat better than that. So until phylo gets a full copy, if he can, this will suffice:
In Bodenproben keine Spur von "Hitlers Bombe"

PTB legt Analysebericht zu Bodenproben aus dem thüringischen Ohrdruf vor
15.Februar 2006

[ptb] Das thüringische Ohrdruf steht unter Beobachtung, seitdem der Historiker Rainer Karlsch mit seinem Buch "Hitlers Bombe" Spekulationen um eine mögliche Kernexplosion in Hitler-Deutschland im Jahre 1945 nährte. Bodenproben aus dem dortigen Gebiet – heute ein Truppenübungsplatz der Bundeswehr – wurden in den letzten Monaten von der Physikalisch-Technischen Bundesanstalt (PTB) im Auftrag des Zweiten Deutschen Fernsehens (ZDF) untersucht. Die Ergebnisse der Radionuklidanalysen liegen jetzt vor. Die Messwerte geben keinen Hinweis, dass andere Quellen als der Fallout oberirdischer Atombomben-Tests in den 1950er/1960er Jahren und der Reaktorunfall in Tschernobyl im Jahr 1986 für die Bodenkontaminationen verantwortlich sind. Insgesamt zeigen die PTB-Messergebnisse für eine Kernexplosion "keinen Befund".

Die Thesen des Historikers Karlsch ließen im vergangenen Jahr auch das ZDF hellhörig werden. Bodenproben vom Truppenübungsplatz Ohrdruf wurden daher der PTB übergeben, um diese auf ihre Kontamination mit Radionukliden untersuchen zu lassen. Denn eine Kernexplosion, wann immer sie stattgefunden hat, könnte sich auch heute, angesichts der langen Halbwertszeiten gewisser Radionuklide, noch nachweisen lassen. Insgesamt acht Bodenproben wurden daher in den Laboratorien der PTB nach allen Regeln der Messkunst untersucht.

Manche Radionuklide "verraten" sich durch eine typische Gammastrahlung, die beim Zerfall der Atomkerne auftritt. Die PTB-Wissenschaftler nahmen daher zunächst die Gammaspektren der Proben unter die Lupe. Das Resultat: Alle gemessenen spezifischen Aktivitäten (Anzahl der radioaktiven Zerfälle pro Zeit, bezogen auf die Masse des Probenmaterials) sind gering und stammen vorwiegend von natürlich vorkommenden Radionukliden. Als künstlich erzeugtes Radionuklid konnte in den Proben nur Cs-137 nachgewiesen werden. Die für dieses Nuklid gefundenen Aktivitäten, für die vor allem der Reaktorunfall in Tschernobyl verantwortlich ist, liegen im Rahmen der überall in Deutschland zu findenden Bodenkontaminationen. Gerade Tschernobyl hat auch in Deutschland zu einer großen lokalen Variabilität der Bodenkontamination mit dem Radionuklid Cs-137 geführt. Die Belastungswerte variieren innerhalb Deutschlands sehr stark, je nachdem, wie viel Cs-137 durch Regen aus der kontaminierten "Tschernobyl"-Wolke ausgewaschen wurde.

Nach dieser gammaspektrometrischen Analyse wurden im zweiten Schritt speziell die Uranaktivitäten der Proben radiochemisch untersucht. Hintergrund: Eine explodierende Kernwaffe, für die hoch angereichertes Uran benötigt wird, müsste in der näheren Umgebung das natürliche Verhältnis der Uranisotope U-235 und U-238 verschieben. (Das natürliche Aktivitätsverhältnis besagt, dass auf 1000 Zerfälle von U-238 etwa 46 Zerfälle von U-235 kommen. Nach der Explosion einer Kernwaffe müssten deutlich mehr Zerfälle von U-235 zu finden sein.) Für jede Probe wurden daher drei Parallelanalysen an Untermengen von jeweils einigen Gramm durchgeführt. Die Aktivitäten der Uranisotope wurden durch die Messung der Alphastrahlung der Probenpräparate bestimmt. Um die Aktivitätsverhältnisse der Uranisotope U-235 und U-238 sicher bewerten zu können, wurden die Messzeiten für jede einzelne Probe auf mehrere Monate ausgedehnt. Auch hier ergaben die Messungen keinen Hinweis auf eine Kernexplosion: Die gemessenen Aktivitätsverhältnisse beider Uranisotope stimmen im Rahmen der Messunsicherheit mit dem natürlichen Aktivitätsverhältnis überein.

Die PTB-Untersuchungen an den vorliegenden Bodenproben sind somit abgeschlossen: Insgesamt ergaben die Radionuklidanalysen keinerlei Hinweis auf eine Kernexplosion im thüringischen Ohrdruf. Die Bodenproben zeigen lediglich Kontaminationen, die unter anderem auf den Reaktorunfall in Tschernobyl zurückgehen. Ein wissenschaftlicher Gegenbeweis zum behaupteten Kernwaffentest am Ende des Zweiten Weltkriegs kann aber weder mit dieser noch irgendeiner anderen Stichproben-Analyse erbracht werden. Eine endgültige Bewertung der historischen Zusammenhänge ist damit weiterhin offen.

Weitere Informationen:
Dr. Herbert Janßen
Fachbereich "Radioaktivität"
Tel.: +49(0)531 592 6100

Dr. Dirk Arnold
Arbeitsgruppe "Umweltradioaktivität"
Tel.: +49(0)531 592 6120
http://www.ptb.de/en/aktuelles/archiv/p ... 060215.htm

It is even sourced and the identity of the authors is provided... no conspiracy here (I hope that does not make it less reputable in HenryS' opinion :wink: ).
Ironmachine,

This is not an independent study. This is a rebutal to Karlsch and a study he cites. But let me do something here that all of you are afraid to do. Let me respond to the paper you have posted.

First, the paper takes no measurements of its own, at all. Second, its hypothesis is that all the radiation occuring in the Karlsch material is either background radiation or caused from fallout of the Chernobyl accident which is all over Germany. Third, their entire discussion is directed toward fission.

When you get your German scientists Janssen and Arnold to respond to email, perhaps you can ask them why they simple did not test the soil they were standing on and use it for comparison? If they had and it turned out to be exactly the same as at Ohrdruf or Ruegen, then they might have a case for fission.

But evidently you did not read the article I posted regarding Ruegen Island. The lack of fission evidence is EXACTLY THE POINT and why I posted it. Setting aside Janssen/Arnold's comments about time duration and gamma/alpha detection, a topic I do not remember being touched upon in the report I posted (meaning no discussion of it was made), the question the report I posted asked if fusion might have been involved.

Your scientists did not answer this question nor even address it. When I came here and posted that report in good faith, I was looking forward to discussing this issue since German researchers had made some suggestions about the true nature of the Ruegen Island bomb. Now, I realize this is not going to happen here.

Ironmachine

Post by Ironmachine » 07 Mar 2010, 10:21

I am going to be rather concise.

First, regarding
HenryS wrote:the paper takes no measurements of its own, at all
this is not the paper, just a short press release. I stated that clearly in my post, and for the purposes of this discussion it should be enough, but don't expect to find a detailed analysis. But, even though my German is somewhat deficient, this
Bodenproben aus dem dortigen Gebiet – heute ein Truppenübungsplatz der Bundeswehr – wurden in den letzten Monaten von der Physikalisch-Technischen Bundesanstalt (PTB) im Auftrag des Zweiten Deutschen Fernsehens (ZDF) untersucht. Die Ergebnisse der Radionuklidanalysen liegen jetzt vor. Die Messwerte geben keinen Hinweis, dass andere Quellen als der Fallout oberirdischer Atombomben-Tests in den 1950er/1960er Jahren und der Reaktorunfall in Tschernobyl im Jahr 1986 für die Bodenkontaminationen verantwortlich sind. Insgesamt zeigen die PTB-Messergebnisse für eine Kernexplosion "keinen Befund".
sounds to me as if soil samples from the area were measured for radioactivity.

Second, regarding
HenryS wrote:its hypothesis is that all the radiation occuring in the Karlsch material is either background radiation or caused from fallout of the Chernobyl accident which is all over Germany
it seems to me that this is not the hypothesis but the conclusion.

Third, regarding
HenryS wrote:The lack of fission evidence is EXACTLY THE POINT and why I posted it [...] the question the report I posted asked if fusion might have been involved
this is a complete nonsense. So now we not only have a German atomic bomb, but furthermore it is a fusion bomb? Perhaps you could explain us how the fusion could have been achieved with World War II technology...

Regards.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 12 Mar 2010, 21:06

This thread is locked until one of the moderators can separate the wheat from the off-topic chaff, personal remarks about other posters, etc.

David Thompson
Forum Staff

Post by David Thompson » 13 Mar 2010, 04:45

Gentlemen -- This forum exists for our readers. Its purpose is to provide those readers with the best sourced information and informed discussion available on the subjects covered by the threads. This purpose is not served by references to claims which cannot be verified or evaluated.

Nor are the forum purposes furthered by off-topic meanderings, personal remarks and bickering repartee, which only make it more difficult for our readers to find what they came here for -- sourced, factual information about the subject. This thread now has three pages less of these rubbish posts than it did this morning. Further posts of that sort will be deleted on sight.

Where this is the situation:
Well, I have one of the two tests done post unification. It clearly says there was a nuclear detonation at Rugen, at Ohrdruf and, as I remember, at Suhl. I can post portions of this if you like?
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 5#p1436285
OK, I don't know if you guys have seen this study or not, so here goes. I have to copy this by hand so I'll try to hit some high points. Someone, someone I could never name, gave me this report
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 0#p1436640
It is only the substance of the report which is in question. I have already stated that the writers cannot be named. That part of the report was deleted as were the index and notes, the measurement date, calculations and photo material.
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 7#p1437907
No,no. I am not citing the report and could never do so. This is, as you say, something much less than proof by which an academic argument can be won. But, there are many such reports as this in this field.
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 8#p1438218

it is best to not mention the report at all. That way no one is disappointed. If there are many such reports, our readers would appreciate seeing them so that they can make up their own minds on the topic.

This thread is re-opened for on-topic, sourced and civil discussion. The claim is that there was at least one -- possibly three -- Nazi experimental nuclear explosive tests at the end of the war. If there's nothing that our readers can use to verify the claim, let's move on. They certainly will.

phylo_roadking

Post by phylo_roadking » 13 Mar 2010, 05:49

In the meantime - I have recieved a reply from Dr Dirk Arnold of the PTB.

He reports that the Report they were asked to prepare from an indepth analysis of the samples given to them from the alleged crater by the ZDF television channel was forwarded in whole to them, along with all measurements etc. It was a commercially-ordered report, and as such all the material therein remains the property of ZDF.

HOWEVER - he WAS able to make one VERY important and pertinent comment...
"The main results and conclusions are the same in the press release and in the written report for ZDF"
Therefore when the Press release says...
Das thüringische Ohrdruf steht unter Beobachtung, seitdem der Historiker Rainer Karlsch mit seinem Buch "Hitlers Bombe" Spekulationen um eine mögliche Kernexplosion in Hitler-Deutschland im Jahre 1945 nährte. Bodenproben aus dem dortigen Gebiet – heute ein Truppenübungsplatz der Bundeswehr – wurden in den letzten Monaten von der Physikalisch-Technischen Bundesanstalt (PTB) im Auftrag des Zweiten Deutschen Fernsehens (ZDF) untersucht. Die Ergebnisse der Radionuklidanalysen liegen jetzt vor. Die Messwerte geben keinen Hinweis, dass andere Quellen als der Fallout oberirdischer Atombomben-Tests in den 1950er/1960er Jahren und der Reaktorunfall in Tschernobyl im Jahr 1986 für die Bodenkontaminationen verantwortlich sind. Insgesamt zeigen die PTB-Messergebnisse für eine Kernexplosion "keinen Befund".
...it means - THEY mean - there was NO evidence found of a nuclear explosion at the site. The situation cannot be any clearer than that.
Twenty years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs....
Lord, please keep Kevin Bacon alive...

HenryS

Post by HenryS » 14 Mar 2010, 05:13

phylo_roadking wrote:In the meantime - I have recieved a reply from Dr Dirk Arnold of the PTB.

He reports that the Report they were asked to prepare from an indepth analysis of the samples given to them from the alleged crater by the ZDF television channel was forwarded in whole to them, along with all measurements etc. It was a commercially-ordered report, and as such all the material therein remains the property of ZDF.

HOWEVER - he WAS able to make one VERY important and pertinent comment...
"The main results and conclusions are the same in the press release and in the written report for ZDF"
Therefore when the Press release says...
Das thüringische Ohrdruf steht unter Beobachtung, seitdem der Historiker Rainer Karlsch mit seinem Buch "Hitlers Bombe" Spekulationen um eine mögliche Kernexplosion in Hitler-Deutschland im Jahre 1945 nährte. Bodenproben aus dem dortigen Gebiet – heute ein Truppenübungsplatz der Bundeswehr – wurden in den letzten Monaten von der Physikalisch-Technischen Bundesanstalt (PTB) im Auftrag des Zweiten Deutschen Fernsehens (ZDF) untersucht. Die Ergebnisse der Radionuklidanalysen liegen jetzt vor. Die Messwerte geben keinen Hinweis, dass andere Quellen als der Fallout oberirdischer Atombomben-Tests in den 1950er/1960er Jahren und der Reaktorunfall in Tschernobyl im Jahr 1986 für die Bodenkontaminationen verantwortlich sind. Insgesamt zeigen die PTB-Messergebnisse für eine Kernexplosion "keinen Befund".
...it means - THEY mean - there was NO evidence found of a nuclear explosion at the site. The situation cannot be any clearer than that.

You did not know ZDF is a TV station? It says right in your original posting on the topic that "they" did this for ZDF. Now, that no data can be produced, all you have is some unfounded, unsubstantiated discussion of soil tests with no data at all (much less than the study I posted.) Further, this was a rebuttal, really a TV hit job, aimed at another researcher, an establishment historian named Rainer Karlsch. Even though the rebuttal was aimed at him, you failed to post his original study or any date pertaining to it, even though I asked you to do so several times. You and the others had no grounds in evidence by which to introduce your rebuttal. And since the rebuttal contains nothing of fact anyway, it should be removed from this forum.

phylo_roadking

Post by phylo_roadking » 14 Mar 2010, 05:24

You did not know ZDF is a TV station? It says right in your original posting on the topic that "they" did this for ZDF. Now, that no data can be produced, all you have is some unfounded, unsubstantiated discussion of soil tests with no data at all (much less than the study I posted.)
Oooooh dear..."unfounded, unsubstantiated discussion of soil tests with no data at all"

I suppose it's time to post up AGAIN the whole rebuttal - including the details of the scientific tests carried out by the PTB

But in case you don't speak German, let's all see what Microsoft makes of this...
The Thuringian Ohrdruf is under observation ever since nurtured the historian Rainer Karlsch with his book "Hitler's bomb" speculation about a possible nuclear explosion in Hitler's Germany in 1945. Soil samples from the local area - now a military training of the armed forces - have been investigated in recent months by the Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB) on behalf of the Second German Television (ZDF). The results of the Radionuklidanalysen are now available. The readings give no indication that sources other than the fallout of above-ground nuclear bomb tests in the 1950er/1960er years, and the reactor accident at Chernobyl in 1986 are responsible for soil contamination. Overall, the PTB measurement results for a nuclear explosion "no findings" show.

The theses of the historian Karlsch did last year even the ZDF perk. Soil samples from the Ohrdruf military training, were therefore transferred to the PTB to investigate this to its contamination with radionuclides. For a nuclear explosion has taken place whenever they could even today be seen in view of the long half-lives of certain radionuclides still detected. A total of eight soil samples were investigated in the laboratories of the PTB according to the rules of mensuration.

Some radionuclides "betrayed" by a typical gamma radiation that occurs during the decay of atomic nuclei. The PTB scientists took therefore first the gamma spectra of the samples under the microscope. The result: All the measured specific activity (number of radioactive decays per unit time, based on the mass of the sample material) are small and mainly come from naturally occurring radionuclides. As an artificial radionuclide produced in the samples could only be detected Cs 137th The nuclide is found for this activity, especially for the reactor accident at Chernobyl, it falls under the ground to be found everywhere in Germany contamination. Just Chernobyl has led in Germany to a large local variations of soil contamination with the radionuclide Cs-137. The load values vary greatly within Germany, depending on how much was Cs-137 leached by rain from the contaminated "Chernobyl" cloud.

According to this analysis, the second step gammaspektrometrischen specifically investigated radiochemically activities of the uranium samples. Background: An exploding nuclear weapon is needed for the highly enriched uranium, would have in the vicinity, the natural ratio of uranium isotopes U-235 and move U-238. (The natural activity ratio indicates that in 1000 decays of U-238 about 46 decays of U-235 coming. After the explosion of a nuclear weapon much more decays of U-235 would be found.) For each sample were, therefore, three subsets of Parallelanalysen carried out by a few grams each. The activities of uranium isotopes were determined by measuring the alpha radiation of the sample preparation. The activity ratios of uranium isotope U-235 and U-238 can safely assess that were measuring for each individual sample extended to several months. Again, the measurements did not indicate any agreement on a nuclear explosion: The measured activity ratios of both uranium isotopes agree within the uncertainty with the natural activity ratio.

The PTB-testing of the present soil samples are thus complete: A total of Radionuklidanalysen showed no indication of a nuclear explosion in the Thuringian Ohrdruf. The soil samples show only contamination stemming in part by the reactor accident at Chernobyl. A scientific rebuttal to the alleged nuclear test at the end of World War II, but can not with this nor any other sample analysis will be provided. A final assessment of the historical context is thus still open
That looks like a list of the experiments done to a specified number of samples. If there's nothing to be found - "keinen Befund" - then OBVIOUSLY "no data at all" in favour of the suppostion of an atomic explosion IS the result, the level of data in favour of Karlsch's supposition - I.E. none :lol:
And since the rebuttal contains nothing of fact anyway, it should be removed from this forum.
Since it is the scientific findings of a German governmental organisation, with the names of reputable scientists appended to it and backing it, and the experiments listed were carried out "according to the rules of mensuration" - it enjoys the full right to be on this forum as scientific evidence of reliable repute....
(much less than the study I posted.)
...unlike your material. Which I note remains unsourced, unsubstantiated and unattributed.
Twenty years ago we had Johnny Cash, Bob Hope and Steve Jobs. Now we have no Cash, no Hope and no Jobs....
Lord, please keep Kevin Bacon alive...

HenryS

Post by HenryS » 14 Mar 2010, 05:39

phylo_roadking wrote:
You did not know ZDF is a TV station? It says right in your original posting on the topic that "they" did this for ZDF. Now, that no data can be produced, all you have is some unfounded, unsubstantiated discussion of soil tests with no data at all (much less than the study I posted.)
Oooooh dear..."unfounded, unsubstantiated discussion of soil tests with no data at all"

I suppose it's time to post up AGAIN the whole rebuttal - including the details of the scientific tests carried out by the PTB

But in case you don't speak German, let's all see what Microsoft makes of this...
The Thuringian Ohrdruf is under observation ever since nurtured the historian Rainer Karlsch with his book "Hitler's bomb" speculation about a possible nuclear explosion in Hitler's Germany in 1945. Soil samples from the local area - now a military training of the armed forces - have been investigated in recent months by the Physikalisch-Technische Bundesanstalt (PTB) on behalf of the Second German Television (ZDF). The results of the Radionuklidanalysen are now available. The readings give no indication that sources other than the fallout of above-ground nuclear bomb tests in the 1950er/1960er years, and the reactor accident at Chernobyl in 1986 are responsible for soil contamination. Overall, the PTB measurement results for a nuclear explosion "no findings" show.

The theses of the historian Karlsch did last year even the ZDF perk. Soil samples from the Ohrdruf military training, were therefore transferred to the PTB to investigate this to its contamination with radionuclides. For a nuclear explosion has taken place whenever they could even today be seen in view of the long half-lives of certain radionuclides still detected. A total of eight soil samples were investigated in the laboratories of the PTB according to the rules of mensuration.

Some radionuclides "betrayed" by a typical gamma radiation that occurs during the decay of atomic nuclei. The PTB scientists took therefore first the gamma spectra of the samples under the microscope. The result: All the measured specific activity (number of radioactive decays per unit time, based on the mass of the sample material) are small and mainly come from naturally occurring radionuclides. As an artificial radionuclide produced in the samples could only be detected Cs 137th The nuclide is found for this activity, especially for the reactor accident at Chernobyl, it falls under the ground to be found everywhere in Germany contamination. Just Chernobyl has led in Germany to a large local variations of soil contamination with the radionuclide Cs-137. The load values vary greatly within Germany, depending on how much was Cs-137 leached by rain from the contaminated "Chernobyl" cloud.

According to this analysis, the second step gammaspektrometrischen specifically investigated radiochemically activities of the uranium samples. Background: An exploding nuclear weapon is needed for the highly enriched uranium, would have in the vicinity, the natural ratio of uranium isotopes U-235 and move U-238. (The natural activity ratio indicates that in 1000 decays of U-238 about 46 decays of U-235 coming. After the explosion of a nuclear weapon much more decays of U-235 would be found.) For each sample were, therefore, three subsets of Parallelanalysen carried out by a few grams each. The activities of uranium isotopes were determined by measuring the alpha radiation of the sample preparation. The activity ratios of uranium isotope U-235 and U-238 can safely assess that were measuring for each individual sample extended to several months. Again, the measurements did not indicate any agreement on a nuclear explosion: The measured activity ratios of both uranium isotopes agree within the uncertainty with the natural activity ratio.

The PTB-testing of the present soil samples are thus complete: A total of Radionuklidanalysen showed no indication of a nuclear explosion in the Thuringian Ohrdruf. The soil samples show only contamination stemming in part by the reactor accident at Chernobyl. A scientific rebuttal to the alleged nuclear test at the end of World War II, but can not with this nor any other sample analysis will be provided. A final assessment of the historical context is thus still open
That looks like a list of the experiments done to a specified number of samples. If there's nothing to be found - "keinen Befund" - then OBVIOUSLY "no data at all" in favour of the suppostion of an atomic explosion IS the result, the level of data in favour of Karlsch's supposition - I.E. none :lol:
And since the rebuttal contains nothing of fact anyway, it should be removed from this forum.
Since it is the scientific findings of a German governmental organisation, with the names of reputable scientists appended to it and backing it, and the experiments listed were carried out "according to the rules of mensuration" - it enjoys the full right to be on this forum as scientific evidence of reliable repute....
(much less than the study I posted.)
...unlike your material. Which I note remains unsourced, unsubstantiated and unattributed.
Now be so kind as to highlight the actual data they cite.

HenryS

Post by HenryS » 14 Mar 2010, 05:47

Ironmachine wrote this:

this is not the paper, just a short press release. I stated that clearly in my post, and for the purposes of this discussion it should be enough, but don't expect to find a detailed analysis. But, even though my German is somewhat deficient, this

No, it IS the paper and that is the problem, there is no data in YOUR paper.

I still seem to have missed the underlying document, the Rainer Karlsh material which YOUR paper seeks to refute. Again, for the 5th time, please post that material. You can run it through your google translater if you need to do so.

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”