Info about luftwaffe´s jet pilot! (Otto Kugovnik )

Discussions on all (non-biographical) aspects of the Luftwaffe air units and general discussions on the Luftwaffe.
Bodul

Info about luftwaffe´s jet pilot! (Otto Kugovnik )

Post by Bodul » 24 Jul 2005, 21:56

Hello all,
i have submitted same question in Axis biographical research section of Forum but no one has replied.Hope i will have better luck here and i would ask luftwaffe experts here to help me. :D
I´m searching for service record of (supposed) Luftwaffe´s jet ace Otto Kugovnik from northern part of Slovenia.Small detail that i know is that he was stationed in Berlin in last months of war and that he supposedly scored 52 aerial victories.
Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thx all :)
Last edited by Bodul on 27 Jul 2005, 17:01, edited 1 time in total.

Ron Klages
In memoriam

No Such Person??????

Post by Ron Klages » 26 Jul 2005, 19:20

Bodul,

I have checked all lists for all countries and I can find no Otto Kugovnik anywhere.
The only name that comes close is Izadar Kovaric from Slovakia and he had 28 victories with 13./JG 52.
I also checked victory lists of the German jet pilots and no where could I find the name.
Are you sure of the name and other data you posted?
Where did you hear about this individual?

Right now I suspect there was no such person.

Best regards,

Ron Klages

Bodul

Re: No Such Person??????

Post by Bodul » 27 Jul 2005, 17:00

Ron Klages wrote:Bodul,

I have checked all lists for all countries and I can find no Otto Kugovnik anywhere.
The only name that comes close is Izadar Kovaric from Slovakia and he had 28 victories with 13./JG 52.
I also checked victory lists of the German jet pilots and no where could I find the name.
Are you sure of the name and other data you posted?
Where did you hear about this individual?

Right now I suspect there was no such person.

Best regards,

Ron Klages

Ron thank you for your good effort.Only thing which might be different ,as far as i know,is his name which can be also Ottmar not Otto.But i guess difference with name is not crucial here since there is no record of him in your Luftwaffe sources...My source is good friend which came across his name during his stay in Slovenia. Qurious there is no record of him as my friend is really sure about this man and his Luftwaffe carrier....

Anyway thx again for your effort indeed and im still encouraging others with any info to help :D

Edward L. Hsiao

Re: Info about luftwaffe´s jet pilot! (Otto Kugovnik )

Post by Edward L. Hsiao » 24 Jul 2019, 00:44

Was Otto Kugovnik an ethnic German?

Edward L. Hsiao

Return to “Luftwaffe air units and Luftwaffe in general”