Btw - I found some more KIA high ranking officers:
Hptm. von Kienitz - commander of 4.Kp / Kradschtz.Btl.1 - KIA in the night 16./17.Sept. during the battle of Kiernozia (as well as Hptm. von Kockeritz - commander of 8.Kp / Panzer-Regiment 1. - KIA during the same battle but on 16th of September) - here is the thread about this battle:
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 5&t=146348
And one more (but I'm not shure if he hasn't been mentioned yet):
Commander of 2./A.A.3 - Rittmeister von Prittwitz und Gaffron - KIA 2.Sept.39 at Rozana (stomach-shot).
Also commander of 6./KSR.4 from 1. Leichte-Division - Rittm.Kempf - was KIA on 09.09.1939 in Ryczywół.
And commander of Schtz.Brig.6 from the same division - Oberst Frhr.v.Esebeck - was heavily WIA on 5.Sept.1939 at the river Widawka by Polish artillery fire.
I also found more info on Hauptmann von Lany from 3. Panzer-Division - KIA on 3. Sept. - who has been already mentioned in this thread.
He was the commander of 3./Schtz.Rgt.3 - and he was KIA during the battle of Polskie Łąki on 3rd of September.
There must have been a fierce battle in Polskie Łąki, because I have seen some photos of completely destroyed German Panzer IV from this village (photos come from Ebay and Polish Odkrywca Forum) - also destroyed German motorcycle can be seen in the photos:
From "Panzer'39 wrecks - part four"
thread on Forum Odkrywca:
http://www.odkrywca-online.pl/panzer39- ... 44359.html
There are also more photos of this completely destroyed Panzer IV.
There is a short description of some events which took place during this battle in "Panzer packen Polen"
, Berlin 1940, page 43 (but nothing is mentioned about quantity of German casualties suffered during that battle).
And on ww2 day by day I found the following short description:
"Daily reports" section - 3rd of September 1939:
"The II./P.R.6 continues towards Lakowicze and destroys a enemy supply-column at Krapjewitce. Behind Polskie-Laki the tanks encounter enemy cavalry and AT-guns. 11:00 2./P.R.6 encounters the first polish tank on the road Rozana – Bledno which is destroyed by two rounds at 300m."
And here some KIA and WIA high ranking officers from 19. Infanterie-Division:
- General Karl von Oven - commander of Inf.Rgt.59 - WIA 18.9.1939 at Stefanow
- Hauptmann Nebe - commander of II./IR.59 - KIA 18.9.1939 at Stefanow
And these two ones who have been already mentioned before as far as I remember:
- Hptm.Haupt - commander of 6.Kp from II./Inf.Rgt.73 - KIA 1.Sept.39 at Napoleon
- Oberstlt.Hoehne - commander of I.Battalion / Inf.Rgt.73 - WIA 1.Sept.39 at Napoleon by artillery fire; he dies at the transport back
And here some other (not so high ranking - but also very important) officers of this division, who were KIA or WIA during the Polish Campaign:
- Olt.Hedde - Rgts.Nachr.Offz of Inf.Rgt.59 - WIA 18.9.1939 at Stefanow
Commanders of 10.Kp from II battalion / IR.59 who were KIA or WIA in Poland:
- Oberleutnant Lieff - commander of 10.Kp / II. battalion / IR.59 - KIA 2. Sept.1939 at the Warthe – headshot
- Eisenbeis (Leutnant) - commander since 3.9 - WIA at Adamowa Góra near Ruszki on 17. Sept.39 by stomach shot from a sniper; died on 18. Sept.39
- Ofw.Euhus - commander since 17.9 until 21.9 (WIA or KIA ?)
- Olt.Marx - commander between 21.9 and 24.9 (WIA or KIA ?)
- commander since 24.9 - ???
Some officers from 5.Kp of Infanterie-Regiment 73. - II. battalion:
- Leutnant Simons (Kp.Chef, KIA 16.Sept.at the Bzura)
- Uffz.Fontaine (Kompaniemelder, KIA 16.Sept.at the Bzura)
- Leutnant Kreuser (Zugsführer 5.Kp., KIA 16.Sept.at the Bzura)
Commander of 10.Kp from III. battalion / IR.73:
- Olt.Heesch (KIA in the night 25./26.Sept.39 in a attack on FortIIa at Warschau)
And commander of 11.Kp of the same battalion:
- Olt.Grün (WIA 16.Sept.39 at Konstantynow; dies from his wounds 2 weeks later)