Kdre / personnel der Kriegs- und Waffenschulen der Wehrmacht

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
Bernd R

Re: Kdre / personnel der Kriegs- und Waffenschulen der Wehrmacht

Post by Bernd R » 19 Aug 2009, 18:38

Thanks Thorsten ! So, I will cross out this single and unexplained entry by TESSIN.

btw.,
via 'Neuendorf', probably Neunburg im Wald
most likely means Neunburg vorm Wald (Oberpfalz). Some of the streets in this region I know from driving with a recce tank Luchs..There was a Bw Panzer-Bataillon once.

/ Bernd

Heimatschuss

Post by Heimatschuss » 19 Aug 2009, 21:18

Hello Bernd,
Bernd R wrote:Thanks Thorsten ! So, I will cross out this single and unexplained entry by TESSIN.
perhaps originally there was the idea to collect the field post of the unit in Grafenwöhr while it was on the march so it could be ferried to the recipients when they arrived at their destination or when retreat ended. A solution not unheard of. But as retreat grew into a permanent situation and Grafenwöhr was soon lost too it became senseless of course.
Bernd R wrote:btw.,
via 'Neuendorf', probably Neunburg im Wald
most likely means Neunburg vorm Wald (Oberpfalz). Some of the streets in this region I know from driving with a recce tank Luchs..There was a Bw Panzer-Bataillon once.

/ Bernd
Yes, sorry, that's what I meant. Too much haste. With that avatar I sensed you had some connection to the region.

Best regards
Torsten

Bernd R

Post by Bernd R » 02 Sep 2009, 10:40

The master list is updated.

It should be time to add
Heeresschule I ( or 1 ) / = Heeresschule für Bataillons- und Abteilungsführer, Güstrow
request here : http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 0&t=139506
There is enough evidence for the existence of this instruction facility ; many points / details still unknown.

This one could be added as well
Heeresschule für Bandenbekämpfung , Tr.Üb.Pl. "Kleine Karpaten", 5/1944 already ?
renamed / restructured
Heeresschule für Bandenkampf- und Alarmeinheiten , Tr.Üb.Pl "Kleine Karpaten", Slovakia, Jan - March 1945
moved / renamed (march/april 45)
Heeresschule II (Kampfschule für Sonderaufgaben) = Kleinkampfschule II des Heeres
requested here / more info / background : http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 0&t=120534

Thanks in advance for any additions to these two schools here or in the threads linked.

/ Bernd

valparaiso

Post by valparaiso » 02 Sep 2009, 18:56

Why isn't DRACHE mentioned among Artillerieschulschiffe?..

Bernd R

Post by Bernd R » 03 Sep 2009, 14:26

valparaiso,
simply because nobody posted anything about it. The last Artillerieschulschiff not named I guess ? Do you have a list of the commanders ?

/ Bernd

valparaiso

Post by valparaiso » 03 Sep 2009, 15:30

Bernd R wrote:valparaiso,
simply because nobody posted anything about it. The last Artillerieschulschiff not named I guess ? Do you have a list of the commanders ?

/ Bernd
I have only one for the moment:
1945 - R. Hans Pundt whose info and photos I'm looking for...

I can also say that probably we have found DRACHE as a wreck in Baltic Sea... I'll know that very soon.... I've written this in Kriegsmarine section...

Bernd R

Post by Bernd R » 03 Sep 2009, 16:17

valparaiso,

exciting !! Good luck and save diving with all that activities ! The community surely will follow that story in the KM section.

In the context here I'll try to find a basic cdrs. list for the DRACHE next. Let's hope something comes in on Pundt here in the ABR.

Kind regards
Bernd

valparaiso

Post by valparaiso » 03 Sep 2009, 16:24

Bernd R wrote: In the context here I'll try to find a basic cdrs. list for the DRACHE next. Let's hope something comes in on Pundt here in the ABR.

Kind regards
Bernd
That would be just great :)

Thank you!

Regards,
Natasha

Jan-Hendrik

Post by Jan-Hendrik » 04 Sep 2009, 18:16

Bernd R

Post by Bernd R » 04 Sep 2009, 19:39

...next almost means now with such a team :) ..and type DRACHE in the named vessel section here http://www.ubootwaffe.net/crews/crews.cgi ; no crew list as it's for U boats mainly but 7 single entries ; confirmations for Bach and Wutsdorff.

The others most probably belong to another DRACHE ! , the Minenschiff, the ex Yug. "Zmaj" . For Wünning and Stabsoberbootsmann Franz König I know for sure.

No result in the name search there.

/ Bernd

valparaiso

Post by valparaiso » 06 Sep 2009, 20:09

Jan-Hendrik wrote:Kdten. Art.Schulschiff 'Drache'

Jan-Hendrik
As far as I can see the names of captains, they belong to Artillerieschulschiff Drache, not to Zmaj (Zmaj belonged to Romania, consequently the captians weren't of German origin.. :)

Thanks a lot!

It would be marvelous to find the photo of Captain Pundt and some personal info...:)

Jan-Hendrik

Post by Jan-Hendrik » 08 Sep 2009, 07:24

Wehrmachtstransportschule was at least in April 1945 located in Schandau (source: an OKH order to the school to send officers for building transport centals).

Jan-Hendrik

Marcus

Post by Marcus » 07 Oct 2009, 20:44

I received the below addition:
Just a little addition your page:

Kdr Marineschule Friedrichsort, 30.6.1929-28.9.1931: Korvettenkapitän/Fregattenkapitän Raul Mewis

Source: H.H. Hildebrand & E. Henriot: Deutschlands Admirale 1849-1945, Bd. 3, 478.
/Marcus

-Michael

Post by -Michael » 15 Oct 2009, 15:59

There where Offiziersanwärter-Lehrgänge der Landesschützen-Bataillone on the Truppenübungsplatz Maria-ter-Heide (Belgium) and in the Kaserne Kontich (Belgium), where these also Fahnenjunkerschule?

Bernd R

Post by Bernd R » 27 Oct 2009, 14:21

Stormman,

for sure these "Lehrgänge" had nothing to do with the existing Fahnenjunkerschulen. And they can't be regarded as another kind or equal to the official Fahnenjunkerschulen. After all that were first-step courses IMO. After that the candidates surely were sent to the schools itself.

By chance I am working on a related topic these days.
Per 8 March 1940 a staff called General z.b.V. I was formed in Nürnberg, WK XIII. The staff was mobilized on 2 June 1940 and sent to Southern Belgium as an instruction staff. Since 20 June 1940 already the HQ was subordinated to the preliminary military administration of France. The main task was to organize and to survey the instruction of the Landesschützen-Bataillone in France. And Belgium I guess.
My conclusion : the staff was to serve under both the military administrations, Militärbefehlshaber Frankreich, and Militärbefehlshaber Belgien-Nordfrankreich.
To finish the story of this staff : according to it's destination to serve under Heeresgruppe Nord in Russia the staff was redesignated into Stab Befehlshaber rückwärtiges Heeresgebiet 101 on 15 March 1941.
[source : Tessin]

So, you eventually mean courses under the head of this staff in Belgium. Time period June 40 - March 41. (?)

btw., I'm still looking for the cdr. of General z.b.V. I since formation.

/ Bernd

edit :
found it, the commanding general of "General z.b.V. I" was Generalleutnant z.V. Franz von Roques (June 40 - March 41)

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”