Request for Identification of Generals and Admirals

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Dieter Zinke, askropp and Frech.
User avatar
AlifRafikKhan
Member
Posts: 5939
Joined: 15 Sep 2007 19:02
Location: Sukabumi, Indonesia

Re: Request for Identification of Generals and Admirals

Post by AlifRafikKhan » 22 Dec 2018 15:29

General Field Marshall Walther von Brauchitsch visiting the soldiers of the South West Army, 20 September 1940
Another mystery general with von Brauchitsch.
Source: https://beeldbankwo2.nl/nl/beelden/deta ... =1&page=14
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

graveland
Member
Posts: 5308
Joined: 20 Aug 2008 15:07

Re: Request for Identification of Generals and Admirals

Post by graveland » 22 Dec 2018 15:47

AlifRafikKhan wrote:
22 Dec 2018 15:25
Generalfeldmarschall Walther von Brauchitsch bei den Truppen im Osten, 1941. Der Generalfeldmarschall im Gespräch mit einem Rekruten.
Who is the general behind von Brauchitsch?
Source: https://beeldbankwo2.nl/nl/beelden/deta ... =1&page=13
Walter Keiner

graveland
Member
Posts: 5308
Joined: 20 Aug 2008 15:07

Re: Request for Identification of Generals and Admirals

Post by graveland » 22 Dec 2018 15:51

AlifRafikKhan wrote:
22 Dec 2018 15:29
General Field Marshall Walther von Brauchitsch visiting the soldiers of the South West Army, 20 September 1940
Another mystery general with Brauchitsch.
Source: https://beeldbankwo2.nl/nl/beelden/deta ... =1&page=14
Walter Weiß at far right.

User avatar
Kriegsmarine Großadmiral
Member
Posts: 1466
Joined: 28 Feb 2017 14:17
Location: Croatia

Re: Request for Identification of Generals and Admirals

Post by Kriegsmarine Großadmiral » 23 Dec 2018 15:09

@83: Is this Leopold Siemens?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Kriegsmarine Großadmiral on 23 Dec 2018 15:39, edited 1 time in total.
Kriegsmarine Großadmiral

graveland
Member
Posts: 5308
Joined: 20 Aug 2008 15:07

Re: Request for Identification of Generals and Admirals

Post by graveland » 23 Dec 2018 15:37

Kriegsmarine Großadmiral wrote:
23 Dec 2018 15:09
@83: Is this Leopold Siemens?
Yes, it is.

User avatar
AlifRafikKhan
Member
Posts: 5939
Joined: 15 Sep 2007 19:02
Location: Sukabumi, Indonesia

Re: Request for Identification of Generals and Admirals

Post by AlifRafikKhan » 23 Dec 2018 15:43

Colonel General Walther von Brauchitsch at the West Front. The Commander in chief, Colonel General von Brauchitsch, visited during the last days again the West Front, and in first line the unities in the forefield of the West Wall and the workmen of the front, who had constructed different new fortifications, 11 March 1940.
Who are the generals with von Brauchitsch? I believe the one below is Ernst Busch.

Source: https://beeldbankwo2.nl/nl/beelden/deta ... =1&page=34
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

User avatar
AlifRafikKhan
Member
Posts: 5939
Joined: 15 Sep 2007 19:02
Location: Sukabumi, Indonesia

Re: Request for Identification of Generals and Admirals

Post by AlifRafikKhan » 23 Dec 2018 16:17

General Walther von Brauchitsch followed by his General Staff and Italian military figures laid a wreath at the monument of the unknown Italian soldier on his visit to Rome, 2 May 1939.
Who are the generals and admirals behind Brauchitsch?

Source: https://beeldbankwo2.nl/nl/beelden/deta ... =1&page=36
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

graveland
Member
Posts: 5308
Joined: 20 Aug 2008 15:07

Re: Request for Identification of Generals and Admirals

Post by graveland » 23 Dec 2018 16:32

AlifRafikKhan wrote:
23 Dec 2018 15:43
Colonel General Walther von Brauchitsch at the West Front. The Commander in chief, Colonel General von Brauchitsch, visited during the last days again the West Front, and in first line the unities in the forefield of the West Wall and the workmen of the front, who had constructed different new fortifications, 11 March 1940.
Who are the generals with Brauchitsch? I believe the one below is Ernst Busch.

Source: https://beeldbankwo2.nl/nl/beelden/deta ... =1&page=34
Left to right: Albrecht Schubert, von Brauchitsch, Erich Brandenberger and Franz Mattenklott (and Busch, of course).

graveland
Member
Posts: 5308
Joined: 20 Aug 2008 15:07

Re: Request for Identification of Generals and Admirals

Post by graveland » 23 Dec 2018 16:38

AlifRafikKhan wrote:
23 Dec 2018 16:17
General Walther von Brauchitsch followed by his General Staff and Italian military figures laid a wreath at the monument of the unknown Italian soldier on his visit to Rome, 2 May 1939.
Who are the generals and admirals behind Brauchitsch?

Source: https://beeldbankwo2.nl/nl/beelden/deta ... =1&page=36
Enno von Rintelen & Kurt von Tippelskirch at far right (Heer). And Werner Lange (Kriegsmarine).

Cartaphilus
Member
Posts: 550
Joined: 06 May 2010 18:57

Re: Request for Identification of Generals and Admirals

Post by Cartaphilus » 23 Dec 2018 18:06

Is Kurt von Tippelskirch shown on the pic with the Italian Crown Order, Commander Cross?

graveland
Member
Posts: 5308
Joined: 20 Aug 2008 15:07

Re: Request for Identification of Generals and Admirals

Post by graveland » 23 Dec 2018 18:11

Cartaphilus wrote:
23 Dec 2018 18:06
Is Kurt von Tippelskirch shown on the pic with the Italian Crown Order, Commander Cross?
Sí.

User avatar
Kriegsmarine Großadmiral
Member
Posts: 1466
Joined: 28 Feb 2017 14:17
Location: Croatia

Re: Request for Identification of Generals and Admirals

Post by Kriegsmarine Großadmiral » 23 Dec 2018 18:29

@84: 1 Ernst Schirlitz ???, 2 Eugen Lindau ???, 3 Johannes Bachmann ???, 4 Erich Raeder
@85: Who is this Vizeadmiral? Photo taken in the Netherlands, 1942.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Kriegsmarine Großadmiral on 23 Dec 2018 19:02, edited 1 time in total.
Kriegsmarine Großadmiral

graveland
Member
Posts: 5308
Joined: 20 Aug 2008 15:07

Re: Request for Identification of Generals and Admirals

Post by graveland » 23 Dec 2018 18:53

@84: 1 Ernst Schirlitz, 2 Eugen Lindau, 3 Johannes Bachmann, 4 Erich Raeder

User avatar
mkrivchenko
Member
Posts: 2833
Joined: 10 Nov 2014 21:58

Re: Request for Identification of Generals and Admirals

Post by mkrivchenko » 23 Dec 2018 22:18

thanks!
ImageImage
@33 - Id: Max von Schenckendorff

graveland
Member
Posts: 5308
Joined: 20 Aug 2008 15:07

Re: Request for Identification of Generals and Admirals

Post by graveland » 23 Dec 2018 23:18

@33 Max von Schenckendorff

Return to “Axis Biographical Research”