Fact or fiction - AH grandmother was jewish

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
dasboot

Fact or fiction - AH grandmother was jewish

Post by dasboot » 22 Jan 2003, 02:10

I'm sure that some of you heard this one before.

The rumor is that Adolf Hitler's grandmother was jewish or half jewish (what ever), and that AH went to great lengths to conceal this. He even went as far as burning the house down in hopes of destroying any evidence which may be used against him and his cause.

Is this just a rumor or is there any truth to this?

/Dasboot

Scott Smith

Post by Scott Smith » 22 Jan 2003, 04:08

Complete fiction.
:)

qdave

Post by qdave » 22 Jan 2003, 05:53

yep,i heard such rumores myself. of course it is fiction,he wouldntbe so much agains jews then. though there is still no evidence about it,or there is?

Marcus_Sweden

Post by Marcus_Sweden » 22 Jan 2003, 11:59

fiction...

the rumours are pretty much getting out of hand...i heard one where the Jewish "world council" was in league with the NSDAP to secure israel and that top ranking nazi officials, such as Gobbels were awarded special medels with included the star of david and a swastica ;p

go figure...

tobbe

Post by tobbe » 22 Jan 2003, 12:12

People in my school really believe it to :x . They even wrote on their work that Hitler was half-jewish and had no source :oops: .

varjag
In memoriam

Post by varjag » 22 Jan 2003, 13:23

tobbe wrote:People in my school really believe it to :x . They even wrote on their work that Hitler was half-jewish and had no source :oops: .
Oh Lord! Jesus is claimed to have said on the cross - 'Father forgive them - for they know not what they do' - and you Tobbe - are facing the same dilemma. Another notable, Kon-Fu-Tse (Confucius to the English forum) said (in Tobbe's own lingo)
Mot Dumheten kämpar även Gudarna Förgäves

Phaethon

Post by Phaethon » 22 Jan 2003, 15:18

What you have there, Tobbe, is a class full of future British journalists, fill their brains with junk and ship them over here to work in the great disinformation industry.

K.
--
Ken Cocker, London
Last edited by Phaethon on 22 Jan 2003, 17:44, edited 1 time in total.

Heraklit

Confucius or who?

Post by Heraklit » 22 Jan 2003, 15:42

Was it not Friedrich Schiller who suggested in Die Jungfrau von Orleans: Mit der Dummheit kämpfen die Götter selbst vergebens? (Against stupidity even the gods struggle in vain.)

Nagelfar

Post by Nagelfar » 22 Jan 2003, 15:53

Mit der Dummheit kämpfen die Götter selbst vergebens
such a Teutonic Archetype. great quote, I saved it, thank you.

Dan

Post by Dan » 22 Jan 2003, 16:48

Phaethon wrote:What you have there, Tobbe, is a class full of future British journalists, fill there brains with junk and ship them over here to work in the great disinformation industry.

K.
--
Ken Cocker, London
Even so, they are more advanced than their American counter parts.

OK, now, to rehash (Deja vu all over again) Hitler's paternal grandmother may have been seduced by a rich Jew who she worked for, name of Frankenfurter or some such. She gave birth out of wedlock, and Hitler's dad nee Shicklegrubber was given the last name of her new husband about 20 years before Hitler was born. But who knows???

As I've said before, someone with skill at writing and investigavite journalism could find out. We know that there are three people on the eastern coast of the US who are decended from Hitler's brother, and he had the same father, Alois, as Hitler (Adolf).

Now, a book has already been written about them, so someone with just average skill could track them down, get a DNA sample by following them or going thru their garbage, then we could get a detailed genetic map which would probably show to a high degree of probability whether or not Hitler's paternal grandfather was a Jew.

Aren't there any investigative journalists who lurk here? What for the National Enquire, or one of the British tabloids? I can't imagine with those kind of resources it would take more than a few weeks, and less that 20-30 thousand dollars.

What's wrong with these people? Do I have to contact them myself?

OR IS THERE A MASSIVE CONSPIRICY? 8O

Not.

Oberst Mihael

Post by Oberst Mihael » 22 Jan 2003, 19:01

fiction...

the sad thing is that our history teacher said to us one day if we know that Hitler was Jewish? Go figure... :?

Geoff Walden

Hitler's Antecendents

Post by Geoff Walden » 22 Jan 2003, 20:17

This rumor started with one of the Nuernberg defendents - Frank, I think - who said that Hitler had an investigation done in the 1930s, and found *something* that had to be covered up. A lot of people in 1945-46 tended to believe this, it being a sort of "death-bed" confession at Nuernberg.

However, it just doesn't hold up. There just isn't any documentary evidence to support it.

Get any of the latest Hitler biographies, especially Kershaw's. They debunk this myth about as well as it could be done. Of course, there will always be doubters/believers (same as those who believe that Bormann survived the war), but scholarly works don't buy it.

Geoff Walden

Max2Cam

Post by Max2Cam » 22 Jan 2003, 21:29

The best de-bunking account of the Hitler's Jewish grandmother myth(?) that I've read is found in Ron Rosenbaum's book Explaining Hitler.

Rosenbaum comes down firmly on the side that says Hitler was NOT part Jewish and presents a very convincing case by researching old village records, birth and census dates, etc. I liked his analysis very much.

As I recall it, Rosenbaum told how the story first appeared in the 1930s among Hitler's rivals, and was later spread by Hans(?) Frank at Nuremberg as a payback (revenge) on Hitler for his losing the war for Germany. I don't own the book, or I'd read it again.

Redbaron1908

hello

Post by Redbaron1908 » 22 Jan 2003, 23:35

hello i ve recently had to deal with this problem at school too everyone thinks hitler was a jew or at least half a jew while most just say it to say something there is not a single person who can give me proof of hitler being a jew altough i ve heard that hitlers grandma did have something to do with jews she supposedly worked for one does anyone know any sites that offer information on this

Lawrence

I wonder...

Post by Lawrence » 23 Jan 2003, 00:15

That makes me wonder. Anybody know what happened to Hitler's step brother Alois after he ran away from home?

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”