Berlin HELP

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
champaz1

Berlin HELP

Post by champaz1 » 24 Jan 2003, 23:12

Hi 8O
I am looking for information about RITTMEISTER ERICH MARTIN CURT MASCHLER, who was stationed in Charlotenberg camp on Siebel Strasse, (which was an old school) in Berlin during the fall of the city.

He was born on 26th November 1896 in Karlsruhe Kr.Oppeln.

I am looking for any information about him, the unit he was in, or about anyone that he served with.

It is poosible that he was a member of a Cavelry unit.

INFO UP DATE
Erich had one sister by the name of Elsa Maschler.
Elsa Maschler married FRITZ Salvada and had three children
Giesela Salvada
Willim salvada
Joachim Salvada.

Erich married Elsa Hennfler, the sister of Willim Hennfler.

Willim was married to Lotte and both died in Weimar.

Erich and Elsa had four children
Horst born 1921 - died in action in 1945 in Romania.
Ilsa married Edmund Kirsch.
Waltraud (Trautel) born 1926 married Lloyd Williams and how lives in England.
Arthur married to Cyglinder - lived in Sweskau.

Erich and Elsa lived in Berlin during the Second World War at Marneineke Platz, Berlin, SW29. They were bombed out of this address on 23rd Feb 1945, and moved to a flat on Siebel Strasse.

Near the fall of the city, Erich told his wife to get out of the city before the Russians took the city. He told them to go to SWESKAU, were his batman, ERNST TRIBEJAN, would meet them.

Not long after arriving in Sweskau, Elsa was informed the Erich was reported missing in action. He was officially declared dead in 1956.

Waltruad (Trautel) the daughter of Erich, had a friend by the name of HEINZ ARNDT, who was an UNTEROFFICER in the Lufftwaffer (Herman Goring Regiment)

Erich was the holder of two Iron Cross Medals and one medal for being wounded in the first world war.

this is all of the information that I have got, but I'll post more when I get it

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”