General Hans von Hösslin

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
Matthäus Starkheer Kataufer

General Hans von Hösslin

Post by Matthäus Starkheer Kataufer » 10 Mar 2015, 13:40

[youtube][/youtube]Does somebody have some photos of the General Hans von Hösslin, commander of the 188. Gebirgs-Division? Thanks in advance
Matthäus

JakeV

Re: General Hans von Hösslin

Post by JakeV » 10 Mar 2015, 14:20

Hello,

Generalleutnant Hans Wilhelm von Hößlin
* 20.09.1880 in Erbach im Odenwald
† 18.08.1947 in Ljubljana (durch Erschießen hingerichtet)
Hoesslin-Hans.jpg
From "Axis Biographical Research"
Hoesslin-Hans.jpg (9.17 KiB) Viewed 1398 times
(from "Axis Biographical Research", http://web.archive.org/web/200910271018 ... _HANS.html)

Hans von Hößlin and his second wife, Ursula, geb. Festner:
(from Wikipedia, http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:Hans ... a_1934.tif)

Finally, some pics posted by Darko (filgranofil), from Hößlin's trial in Ljubljana in July 1947:
(from http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 1#p1878711; Hößlin is third from the left, the short, bearded guy)

(from http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... 3#p1878873; another angle)

Jake

filigranofil

Post by filigranofil » 10 Mar 2015, 23:17

Hello,
JakeV wrote:Hello,

Generalleutnant Hans Wilhelm von Hößlin
* 20.09.1880 in Erbach im Odenwald
† 18.08.1947 in Ljubljana (durch Erschießen hingerichtet)

Jake

there is a big probability, that official documens about Hans Wilhelm von Hößlin death ( † 18.08.1947) are fake like that for Dr.Friedrich Rainer.

See: http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic. ... &p=1886020

regards
Darko

JakeV

Post by JakeV » 11 Mar 2015, 14:56

Hello Darko,

I have the book "NS-Österreich auf der Anklagebank" (which I consider very well-documented) and I have read that the date 18.08.1947 was officially given. The report from spring 1949 that Rainer and an unnamed General were still alive was also mentioned there.

The discussion you pointed me to, on the other hand, was unknown to me, and I was amazed at the excellent and meticulous research done by you on the subject. Since this topic also interests me, I feel obliged to congratulate you on the material you were so kind to share with the rest of us! :D

The identity of the General can only be, for the time being, a matter of speculation. Was Hößlin useful, for some time, to the Yugoslav government, because he served for some years in Wehrkreis XVIII in Austria? Hopefully, one day this mystery will be solved. Until then, it would be wiser, as you said, to point out that the 18.08.1947 is the official date of death, but there is a possibility he was actually executed or died sometime later.

Jake

filigranofil

Post by filigranofil » 11 Mar 2015, 17:28

Hello Jake,

I put only notes from Books together...
filigranofil wrote:Hello,

source: Book A. Elste, M. Koschat, H. Filipic: Nacistična Avstrija na zatožni klopi, Celovec, Ljubljana, Dunaj 2002
There is also German version: NS-Österreich auf der Anklagebank.....

In this Book is mentioned also Dr. Ferenc statement in Enciklopedija Slovenije, where he put that execution was not done for sure one and a half year after sentence (without citing the Document).
The Authors of the Book make an intrwiew with prof. Dr. Tone Ferenc on 23.8.2000 and learned from him, that exist some reports from spring 1949 of Boris Kraigher, Minister of Interior of Slovenia, who sent report to Minister of Interior of Yugoslavia (and Chief of secret police) Alexander Rankovic that one "Gauleiter" and one General was writing some Comments on History of NS.
Gauleiter can be only Rainer.

But the Autors has no time or not be willing to find this Document.

regards
Darko

This statement of Dr. Tone Ferenc is 100% true (I saw the Document).
Both Generals, Hans von Hösslin and Ludwig Kübler had the same official date of death 18.8.1947.
After my opinion, both dates are fake.
But for one is death date 100% wrong, because in spring 1949 one of them was still cooperate wit UDB (Yugoslav secret police)...

UDB (Secret police) had in prison after his "death" also Boško Lasic*, his position was only "Chaufeuer" from Gestapo Cilli/Celje, Slovenia. He was Gendarm in former Yugoslavia (1918-1941), but he was working for Abwehr, German Army secret service in the years 1940 and 1941.
After German State occupied Yogoslavia, he came again in Celje with Gestapo and I know that wery well, because he arested my father in November 1941 and put him in a prison for one month. My Father was member of Liberation Front of the Slovene Nation (OF). He had luck, becuse in his place they do not find some leaflets, so Gestapo let him out. His collegues, members of OF,by which find some leaflets, was shoot in Marburg/Drau (Maribor).
I put here Lasic as an Example, that also such member of Gestapo was interesting for UDB, not only generals.

*Bosko Lazic (sentenced to death on 26.6.1947; collaborated with Secret Police (UDBA) till the death 18.11.1950.

regards
Darko

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”