HERMANN GÖRING, ERNST RÖHM AND ????

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
asturwaffen

HERMANN GÖRING, ERNST RÖHM AND ????

Post by asturwaffen » 15 May 2003, 19:42

This photo is an original one of my collection. In her they are seen Göring and Röhm perfectly. If somebody can identify some of the remaining people I thank for it.

Thanks

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Koerner

Post by Michael Miller » 15 May 2003, 21:30

SS officer standing directly behind Röhm is the eventual SS-Obergruppenführer / Staatssekretär / Oberstleutnant d.R. Paul "Pilli" Koerner, who was to become Göring's right-hand man in the Office of the Four-Year Plan.

Best wishes,
~Mike Miller / ABR

Georges JEROME
Financial supporter

SA

Post by Georges JEROME » 15 May 2003, 21:35

Picture taken at the Weeding of SA Gruf Karl ERNST
the leader of SA Group East in 33 or 34

best

Georges

Andreas Schulz

Karl Ernst

Post by Andreas Schulz » 15 May 2003, 21:36

I think the bride groom is SA-Gruppenführer Karl Ernst, leader of the SA-Obergruppe III (SA-Gruppen Berlin-Brandenburg und Ostmark).

AnDie

Georges JEROME
Financial supporter

SA

Post by Georges JEROME » 15 May 2003, 21:46

4 row in the middle is SS Gruf Rolf REINER Chef des Ministeramt of Roehm.

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Rolf Reiner

Post by Michael Miller » 15 May 2003, 21:49

Georges! Many thanks for that, re: Reiner (who, with Bergmann, was one of the luckiest men in Germany and the world on 30 June 1934). With that ID, I can now identify the man in a superb portrait photo of an SS-Gruf. with what appear to be red Gruf. collar insignia- it is indeed Reiner in my photo.

Just remembered something- I was supposed to mail some documentation to you. Terribly sorry for a ridiculous delay. I will mail it shortly.

Sincerely yours,
~ Mike

Georges JEROME
Financial supporter

x

Post by Georges JEROME » 15 May 2003, 22:34

Hi Michael,

don't worry, I was too late to sent similar doc. (MdR)
I do it too.

best

Georges

R.M. Schultz

Post by R.M. Schultz » 16 May 2003, 04:29

Indeed, this photo is of Karl Ernst's wedding!

Ernst, a good-looking Berlin bell-hop, was recruited to Völkish politics (and sodomy) by Berlin Frontbahn commander Paul Röhrbein in 1924 at the age of twenty. Ernst became an SA man when Captain Röhrbein reorganised his Frontbahn contingent as the Berlin SA. Röhrbein was later forced out of the SA because of his habit of recruiting bed partners from among the troopers and was succeeded, first by Ernst Wetzel, and then by Karl Ernst, by that time Röhm's "protegé." Later, after Ernst had apparently been replaced as the Stabschef's primary romantic interest by Graf von Spretti, he got engaged.

This photo was taken just days before the Blood Purge, when Ernst was arrested just before leaving on honeymoon cruise from Hamburg, taken to Berlin and shot. Apparently he offered no resistance to arrest, as he though his arrest was a wedding prank, even commenting on how clever it was for the SS boys to have faked the Hamburg newspaper announcing the arrest of thousands of SA officers. Poor mope …

asturwaffen

Post by asturwaffen » 16 May 2003, 21:36

Thank you very much to all by the fast answers, I have in my collection of photos more people to identify, in the next days I will put some photo.

Thanks
Luisma - España

WTW26

Re: Rolf Reiner

Post by WTW26 » 17 May 2003, 12:51

Michael Miller wrote:Georges! Many thanks for that, re: Reiner (who, with Bergmann, was one of the luckiest men in Germany and the world on 30 June 1934). With that ID, I can now identify the man in a superb portrait photo of an SS-Gruf. with what appear to be red Gruf. collar insignia- it is indeed Reiner in my photo.
Mike, could you post the photo here, if it isn't copyrighted?

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”