General der Flieger Hans-Georg von Seidel

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
User avatar
AlifRafikKhan
Member
Posts: 7520
Joined: 15 Sep 2007 19:02
Location: Sukabumi, Indonesia

General der Flieger Hans-Georg von Seidel

Post by AlifRafikKhan » 19 Jun 2016 11:00

Nice picture of Gustav Kastner-Kirdorf from sa-kuva.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Andrey
Host - ABR sections
Posts: 4570
Joined: 07 Jun 2005 13:49
Location: Moscow, Russia

Re: General der Flieger Gustav Kastner-Kirdorf

Post by Andrey » 19 Jun 2016 11:20

It is General der Flieger Hans-Georg von Seidel!

Andrey.

User avatar
AlifRafikKhan
Member
Posts: 7520
Joined: 15 Sep 2007 19:02
Location: Sukabumi, Indonesia

Re: General der Flieger Gustav Kastner-Kirdorf

Post by AlifRafikKhan » 19 Jun 2016 11:22

Sorry Andrey, my mistake. :(

User avatar
Stauffenberg II
Member
Posts: 3130
Joined: 03 Jan 2003 17:43
Location: Austria

Re: General der Flieger Hans-Georg von Seidel

Post by Stauffenberg II » 20 Jun 2016 08:23

Hi, thanks for that. Very useful. In all bios Seidel does not appear to have received any imperial award than EK1/EK2, but in the pic there appears to be an award in the ribbon bar next to EK2! Anybody able to identify, it appears to be red white coloured.

Maybe I am seeing things but I think it could be Hamburg, Hanseatenkreuz (or Bremen).

graveland
Member
Posts: 11244
Joined: 20 Aug 2008 15:07

Re: General der Flieger Hans-Georg von Seidel

Post by graveland » 20 Jun 2016 15:14

Stauffenberg II wrote:Hi, thanks for that. Very useful. In all bios Seidel does not appear to have received any imperial award than EK1/EK2, but in the pic there appears to be an award in the ribbon bar next to EK2! Anybody able to identify, it appears to be red white coloured.

Maybe I am seeing things but I think it could be Hamburg, Hanseatenkreuz (or Bremen).
1st row:

- Spange zum EK II. Klasse
- Hamburgisches Hanseatenkreuz
- Ehrenkreuz fur Frontkämpfer
- Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht III. Klasse
- Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht IV. Klasse
- Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 Spange "Prager Burg"
- Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkehr des Memellandes

2nd row:

- Königl. Ungar. Kriegserinnerungsmedaille mit Schwertern
- Königl. Bulgar. Kriegserinnerungsmedaille mit Schwertern
- Komturkreuz des Königl. Italian Kronen-Orden
- ¿?
- ¿?
- ¿?
- ¿?

User avatar
Stauffenberg II
Member
Posts: 3130
Joined: 03 Jan 2003 17:43
Location: Austria

Re: General der Flieger Hans-Georg von Seidel

Post by Stauffenberg II » 20 Jun 2016 15:33

Yes, i think you are right. The left stripe belongs to EK2 and the right stripe belongs to Ehrenkreuz, so there are not 4 stripes (Bremen) but two stripes which means Hansestadt Hamburg, Hanseatenkreuz. Excellent.

User avatar
Requin Marteau
Member
Posts: 3435
Joined: 03 Jul 2002 10:52
Location: FRANCE

Re: General der Flieger Hans-Georg von Seidel

Post by Requin Marteau » 28 Dec 2017 12:50

graveland wrote: 1st row:

- Spange zum EK II. Klasse
- Hamburgisches Hanseatenkreuz
- Ehrenkreuz fur Frontkämpfer
- Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht III. Klasse
- Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht IV. Klasse
- Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 Spange "Prager Burg"
- Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkehr des Memellandes

2nd row:
- Königl. Ungar. Kriegserinnerungsmedaille mit Schwertern
- Königl. Bulgar. Kriegserinnerungsmedaille mit Schwertern
- Komturkreuz des Königl. Italienischen Kronen-Ordens
- ¿?
- ¿?
- ¿?
- (maybe) Rumänische Medaille zur Erinnerung an den Kreuzzug gegen den Kommunismus,

luftk
Member
Posts: 466
Joined: 11 Jun 2014 21:02

Re: General der Flieger Hans-Georg von Seidel

Post by luftk » 28 Dec 2017 14:55

Third ribbon from the end possibly the Bulgar. Militär-Verdienstorden.

graveland
Member
Posts: 11244
Joined: 20 Aug 2008 15:07

Re: General der Flieger Hans-Georg von Seidel

Post by graveland » 28 Dec 2017 15:00

luftk wrote:Third ribbon from the end possibly the Bulgar. Militär-Verdienstorden.
Full agree with you. Thanks.

User avatar
Stauffenberg II
Member
Posts: 3130
Joined: 03 Jan 2003 17:43
Location: Austria

Re: General der Flieger Hans-Georg von Seidel

Post by Stauffenberg II » 27 Aug 2021 09:15

graveland wrote:
28 Dec 2017 15:00
luftk wrote:Third ribbon from the end possibly the Bulgar. Militär-Verdienstorden.
Full agree with you. Thanks.
Do we know or is it visible if 1914-1918 BMO or WW2 BMO?

User avatar
Requin Marteau
Member
Posts: 3435
Joined: 03 Jul 2002 10:52
Location: FRANCE

Re: General der Flieger Hans-Georg von Seidel

Post by Requin Marteau » 27 Aug 2021 10:03

 EK II,
 EK I,
 Hamburgisches Hanseatenkreuz,
 Ehrenkreuz des Weltkrieges 1914-1918 mit Schwertern (1934),
 Ungarisches Ehrenmedaille des Weltkrieges 1914-1918 mit Schwertern,
 Bulgarisches Ehrenmedaille des Weltkrieges 1914-1918 mit Schwertern,
 Beobachter Abzeichen,
 Luftwaffen Dienstauszeichnung für 12 Jahre (2 octobre 1936),
 Grande Ufficiale dell’Ordine della Corona d’Italia,
 Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1 Oktober 1938 mit Spange «Prager Burg»,
 Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkehr des Memellandes,
 Gemeinsames Flugzeugführer u. Beobachterabzeichen in Gold mit Brillanten,
 1939 Spange zum 1914 EK II,
 1939 Spange zum 1914 EK I,
 KVK II mit Schwertern,
 KVK I mit Schwertern,
 Rumänisches Grossoffizierkreuz des Orden des Sterns von Rumänien mit Schwertern (23 décembre 1941),
 Rumänisches Medaille zur Erinnerung an den Kreuzzug gegen des Kommunismus,
 Bulgarisches MVO,
 Finnisches des Orden des Freiheitskreuz 1. kl mit Eichenlaub u. Schwertern u. Stern (31 mars 1943),
 Ritterkreuz des KVK mit Schwertern (20 juillet 1944).

graveland
Member
Posts: 11244
Joined: 20 Aug 2008 15:07

Re: General der Flieger Hans-Georg von Seidel

Post by graveland » 27 Aug 2021 11:19

Stauffenberg II wrote:
27 Aug 2021 09:15
graveland wrote:
28 Dec 2017 15:00
luftk wrote:Third ribbon from the end possibly the Bulgar. Militär-Verdienstorden.
Full agree with you. Thanks.
Do we know or is it visible if 1914-1918 BMO or WW2 BMO?
It is the WW2 BMO, Jürgen.

graveland
Member
Posts: 11244
Joined: 20 Aug 2008 15:07

Re: General der Flieger Hans-Georg von Seidel

Post by graveland » 27 Aug 2021 11:21

graveland wrote:
20 Jun 2016 15:14
Stauffenberg II wrote: Maybe I am seeing things but I think it could be Hamburg, Hanseatenkreuz (or Bremen).
1st row:

- Spange zum EK 2. Klasse
- Bremisches Hanseatenkreuz
- Ehrenkreuz fur Frontkämpfer
- Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht 3. Klasse
- Dienstauszeichnung der Wehrmacht 4. Klasse
- Medaille zur Erinnerung an den 1. Oktober 1938 Spange "Prager Burg"
- Medaille zur Erinnerung an die Heimkehr des Memellandes

User avatar
Stauffenberg II
Member
Posts: 3130
Joined: 03 Jan 2003 17:43
Location: Austria

Re: General der Flieger Hans-Georg von Seidel

Post by Stauffenberg II » 27 Aug 2021 11:28

graveland wrote:
27 Aug 2021 11:19
Stauffenberg II wrote:
27 Aug 2021 09:15
graveland wrote:
28 Dec 2017 15:00
luftk wrote:Third ribbon from the end possibly the Bulgar. Militär-Verdienstorden.
Full agree with you. Thanks.
Do we know or is it visible if 1914-1918 BMO or WW2 BMO?
It is the WW2 BMO, Jürgen.
Thanks!

User avatar
Requin Marteau
Member
Posts: 3435
Joined: 03 Jul 2002 10:52
Location: FRANCE

Re: General der Flieger Hans-Georg von Seidel

Post by Requin Marteau » 27 Aug 2021 11:38

The second ribbon looks more like hamburg ribbon than bremen ribbon.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”