Ahnert, Kurt - DKiG

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
Dave Danner

Ahnert, Kurt - DKiG

Post by Dave Danner » 22 Dec 2016 11:17

Some information on this DKiG recipient, for anyone who is interested:
Ahnert, Kurt 1915 - 1.JPG
Ahnert, Kurt 1915 - 2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

harmel

Re: Ahnert, Kurt - DKiG

Post by harmel » 22 Dec 2016 16:38

Cheers Dave
Merry Xmas
Harmel :D

copiloto

Post by copiloto » 22 Dec 2016 19:30

Hello Dave.
Great information about the awards.
Do you have more of this kind of documents?

Best regards.
Jordi

Dave Danner

Post by Dave Danner » 22 Dec 2016 23:37

Hi Jordi,
I have a few more, mostly older World War I veterans whom I have been researching. I have a few more for younger officers like Ahnert, which are outside my research area. I thought I could post them here, but I don't know whether it would be better to have individual threads like this, or start a larger thread.

Jan-Hendrik

Post by Jan-Hendrik » 23 Dec 2016 08:16

In my opinion it would be better to add such stuff into the existing topics, dear friend.

All the best

Jan-Hendrik

Dave Danner

Post by Dave Danner » 24 Dec 2016 20:07

What "existing topics"? Before this thread, Ahnert only showed up in this thread, where he is one of hundreds of officers about whom 123guderian was asking for information, and this thread, where he is a name in a list among thousands of names, and biographical information is not addressed.

My thoughts were to either give them their own threads, so anyone searching for information would find a ready answer, or have a single thread of "officer biographical information" or the like, and update it from time to time with additional officers. I also thought to simply send the information to ww2awards and let Mr. Vermeer decide what information to add, but (a) I didn't want to make Mr. Vermeer do all the work, (b) there is information beyond awards which wouldn't fit there, and (c) this forum gets more traffic. I do hope that the relevant information makes it to ww2awards as well.

As I mentioned above, I have been doing research on Imperial German officers who continued to serve or were recalled to serve in the Wehrmacht. Even this is only part of my main research projects, which are on recipients of awards of the states of the German Empire. While doing this research, I have come across information on many other younger officers. I though to share that information here at AHF, since otherwise it would go to waste.

Jan-Hendrik

Post by Jan-Hendrik » 25 Dec 2016 09:04

My friend, I meant if an dedicated thread to the person is already existing to use it, if not it is better to create a new one.

No offence....

Information not shared is lost!

Have a nice christmas

Jan-Hendrik Wendler
Hohnhorst, Germany

Jan-Hendrik

Post by Jan-Hendrik » 30 Jan 2019 11:56

Here we can see that he was appointed as Kdr. Gren.Rgt. 351 in November 1943...

Jan-Hendrik

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”