can anyone identify this Konteradmiral?

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
HR715

can anyone identify this Konteradmiral?

Post by HR715 » 20 Dec 2017, 03:17

I obtained a photo album a few days ago it is a record of a visit of a group of Kriegsmarine officers and sailors to Berlin in July ( 4-7th) 1941.
This included a visit to the office of the "Reichsministers fur Ernährung und Landwirtschaft" ( Backe's deputy , here they were joined by a Konterdmiral ( and possibly members of his staff ).
The officers and sailors are not wearing any service badges eg U Boat Clasp or destroyer badge, only awards on view some wearing EK 1st Class and one sailor possibly having what might be a Narvik Shield.

Would anyone be able to identify the senior officer or any members of his staff ? ( I would be grateful for any information) .
Likewise would anyone have any background on the visit - I have no idea what it is in relation to or what was the purpose of the visit, it appears that The senior officers joined the visiting party to meet Herbert Backe, they appear only at his office and take part in no other visits by the party, the venues visited are attached.
Within the main party the highest ranks appear to be Leutnant and Oberleutnant zur See.
Attachments
IMG_1265.JPG
Konteradmiral Theodor Krancke
IMG_1263.JPG
IMG_1278.JPG
IMG_1277.JPG
IMG_1268.JPG
Last edited by Dieter Zinke on 20 Dec 2017, 12:30, edited 1 time in total.

graveland

Re: can anyone identify this Konteradmiral?

Post by graveland » 20 Dec 2017, 15:07

The Ritterkreuzträger is Theodor Krancke.

HR715

Re: can anyone identify this Konteradmiral?

Post by HR715 » 21 Dec 2017, 18:34

Thank you Graveland for the id on this officer , very much appreciated. I had seen his face before but could not recall his name or where I had seen him.
My thanks sir.

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”