Walter Wever

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
John Withill

Walter Wever

Post by John Withill » 01 Jan 2019, 22:22

HI Guys - can any one advise me on the date and day and location of his funeral ?
Thanks in advance
JOHN

eisenbahn9

Re: Walter Wever

Post by eisenbahn9 » 12 Jan 2019, 22:09

The funeral service for Walther Wever was held on Saturday, June 6, 1936 at the Reichsluftfahrtministerium (Ministry of Aviation) in Berlin. Both Göring and Hitler attended. That building is still in use and now houses the German Finance Ministry. Don't know where Wever is buried. Presumably somewhere in or around Berlin.

Walther Wever's son, also named Walther, is buried at Hauptfriedhof Neuruppin / Landkreis Ostprignitz-Ruppin, Brandenburg, Germany. Neuruppin is a town about an hour's drive NW of downtown Berlin. If this is a family plot, there's a chance his father is buried there too, but I could find nothing to indicate this is so.

Alexandra W

Post by Alexandra W » 26 Jan 2019, 04:05

eisenbahn9 wrote:
12 Jan 2019, 22:09
The funeral service for Walther Wever was held on Saturday, June 6, 1936 at the Reichsluftfahrtministerium (Ministry of Aviation) in Berlin. Both Goering and Hitler attended. That building is still in use and now houses the German Finance Ministry. Don't know where Wever is buried. Presumably somewhere in or around Berlin.

Walther Wever's son, also named Walther, is buried at Hauptfriedhof Neuruppin / Landkreis Ostprignitz-Ruppin, Brandenburg, Germany. Neuruppin is a town about an hour's drive NW of downtown Berlin. If this is a family plot, there's a chance his father is buried there too, but I could find nothing to indicate this is so.
Old Walther’s buried at the very central spot of the Waldfriedhof Kleinmachnow. I also heard that young Walther was there so not sure about the Neuruppin one but a bit unlikely as the Wever family actually lived in Kleinmachnow when old Walther’s still alive.?
I have all the reports of old Walther Wever’s death and burial from VB yet haven’t decipher them due to those old frustrating Fraktur...... Would post later if I find anything new.

Regards,
Alex
Der Teufel ist ein Eichhörnchen.

John Withill

Post by John Withill » 03 Jul 2019, 21:48

Thank you for your attention Guys …..very useful for my novel . Thank you very much.

Alexandra W

Post by Alexandra W » 27 Jul 2019, 11:02

John Withill wrote:
03 Jul 2019, 21:48
Thank you for your attention Guys …..very useful for my novel . Thank you very much.
A novel with Walther Wever in it? Now I’m intrigued.

John Withill

Post by John Withill » 04 Aug 2019, 19:27

Dear Alexandra W . Ah well he's not quite in it ......his arrangements with a couple of Aviation developers are. I start the book in July 1936, if he hadn't been bumped off in June 1936 he would most certainly be in it . However our friends Smiling Albert Kesselring, Ernst Udet, Erhard Milch and Hans Jeschonek are ...chuck in a bit of Kurt Student and a large portion of Hermann Göring with other leading functionaries ....and some none historical developments ...and you've got a tiny part of the plot.....just think BV222/BV238/BV250 and Dornier 214's and an organisation other than the RLM . It'll probably get published on Amazon as I can't afford the niceties of buggering around paying publishers to 'edit' and correct and then sign me up to a really crap deal. Your surname ends in W - are you a Wever ?

Alexandra W

Post by Alexandra W » 21 Aug 2019, 16:46

John Withill wrote:
04 Aug 2019, 19:27
Dear Alexandra W . Ah well he's not quite in it ......his arrangements with a couple of Aviation developers are. I start the book in July 1936, if he hadn't been bumped off in June 1936 he would most certainly be in it . However our friends Smiling Albert Kesselring, Ernst Udet, Erhard Milch and Hans Jeschonek are ...chuck in a bit of Kurt Student and a large portion of Hermann Göring with other leading functionaries ....and some none historical developments ...and you've got a tiny part of the plot.....just think BV222/BV238/BV250 and Dornier 214's and an organisation other than the RLM . It'll probably get published on Amazon as I can't afford the niceties of buggering around paying publishers to 'edit' and correct and then sign me up to a really crap deal. Your surname ends in W - are you a Wever ?
Sounds great. Plz let me know when you publish your novel on Amazon so I can buy it.
Sadly no I am not a Wever, just someone who’s interested in LW General Staff.

John Withill

Post by John Withill » 03 Jun 2020, 19:31

Hi there Alexandra.

Following our exchange of comments in 2019. Just to advise all being well I have a completion date for the novel ......aiming to get it out on Amazon on July 7th . The Book is Called 'Atlantik Reich.' my Nomme de plume is 'JP YOUHILL.'
If you buy it, and enjoy it I'll be delighted for any feedback.

JOHN

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”