An officer from 3. Fallschirmjäger-Division

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by Dieter Zinke, askropp and Frech.
Lodieu Didier

An officer from 3. Fallschirmjäger-Division

Post by Lodieu Didier » 20 Feb 2019 15:00

Hello,
I found a very bad picture of a Major from the 3 Fallschirmjäger-Division, which been taken in june or July 1944. I think that he's celebrating his wedding with his men. Do you have an idee who he is? In the organigram of this division, there is not much Major.
Stephani and Alpers of course not, but we have Major Oskar Wiedemann (I./FJR 8), Major Hans-Eberhard von Bauer (FJ.Art.Rgt. 3), Major Lutz Wagner (Ia).
I thanksgiven you for your help.
Sincerely yours
majorFjg.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Simon Trew 1

Re: An officer from 3. Fallschirmjäger-Division

Post by Simon Trew 1 » 25 Jun 2019 15:16

Hello Didier,
I hope you are keeping well. I always await your next book with eager anticipation. Sorry for the delayed response, but I only saw this post today.
The photo is not very clear, but the man looks very much like the same person who appears in a sequence of photos taken by Kriegsberichter Zimmermann, of which I use one (BA 101I-584-2153-17) in my book 'D-Day and the Battle of Normandy: A Photographic History' (Haynes 2012). Another photo from the wedding sequence (the wedding was a 'Ferntrauung') has the sign 'Hochzeit Bollmann' = 'Bollmann's wedding'. An anti-tank gun appears in the photo I used and there was a soldier called Bollmann in the 1st Company of the division's anti-tank battalion (as listed in the personnel list contained in Roppelt's book). My photo shows him as an NCO (I can't remember what rank) and the Bollmann in Roppelt's list was also an NCO.
In short, I think this is not a Major but an NCO called Bollmann from the 1st Company of 3 FJD's anti-tank battalion.
Regards,
Simon

Lodieu Didier

Re: An officer from 3. Fallschirmjäger-Division

Post by Lodieu Didier » 25 Jun 2019 16:41

Hello Simon,
Happy to read you here. A good surprise.
Yes this is the same NCO or officer I don't know still. I am going to check.
My pic comes from the same reportage (2153-23)
I am going to dig deeper. I think that you are right on the point. The presence of Pak is a key.
I just published two weeks ago a book about the II. Fallschirmjäger-Korps. For the while, very appreciated. Still near 300 to sell and it's finished.
If you need something, tell it to me.
Sincerely yours
Didier (Like I can't find the possibility to present the book's cover, you can check it on my web site Didier-lodieu.fr)

Return to “Axis Biographical Research”