Divisionsführerlehrgänge

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Divisionsführerlehrgänge

Post by Dieter Zinke » 10 Dec 2003, 09:37

In this thread, I have now combined all the DFL threads mostly started by Dieter in 2003. The order is not always strictly chronologic. Please check the whole thread for info on certain courses or officers and use the search function.

askropp, August 2021

Hi,

Kurs 13
08.08.1944 - 31.08.1944
Hirschberg:
Martin Bieber, Heinrich-Walter Bronsart von Schellendorff, Gerhard Franz, Harald von Hirschfeld, Günther Hoffmann-Schoenborn, Karl Koetz, Meinrad von Lauchert, Karl Lorenz, Günther Pape, Alfred Philippi, Richard Schmidt, Theodor Tolsdorff, Heinz Wittchow von Brese-Winiary.
Oberst Joachim Traugott Hesse zum Kurs kdt. - unwirksam (Lazarett)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

help wanted:
in Yerger's "Waffen-SS commanders (Augsberger to Kreutz)" in the chapter "Nikolaus Heilmann", page 265, is a picture of
the 14. course in Hirschberg (today: Jelenia Gora)

14. course in Hirschberg
08.09.1944 - 07.10.1944
Rudolf Bader, Helmut Bechler, Johannes Bruhn, Hans-Joachim Deckert, Rudolf Demme (20.09. abgereist, da m.F.b. 17. PzDiv.), SS-Josef Grassy, SS-Nikolaus Heilmann, Werner Heucke, Ludwig Kirschner, Oberst Peter Körte, SS-Hugo Kraas, Oberst Walter Kühn, Hans Laengenfelder, SS-Berthold Maack, Willi Nagel, SS-Joachim Richter, Max Sachsenheimer, Henning Schönfeld (20.09. abgereist, da m.F.b. 2. PzDiv.)
Heinrich Domansky ist kommandiert, nimmt aber nicht teil
Oberst Joachim Traugott Hesse ist kommandiert - unwirksam (Lazarett)!
Martin Strahammer ist kommandiert, nimmt aber erst am 15. Kurs teil

Anyway. On the requested foto (Yergers foto) you see for example:
Berthold Maack, Josef Grassy, Kraas (all from Waffen-SS), Rudolf Demme, Helmut Bechler

A picture with all participators of 13. course (07.08.1944 - 02.09.1944) you can find in (Biblio-Verlag)
"Die Ritterkreuzträger der Infanterie, Teil III, Infanterie Br - Bu" in the chapter "Bronsart von Schellendorf".
With your help I will try in the following time to present you all the courses, all the dates, the most of the names.
Are you interested. Will you help me??

Best regards
Oberstab
Last edited by Dieter Zinke on 25 Nov 2018, 00:29, edited 6 times in total.

Christoph Awender
Forum Staff

Post by Christoph Awender » 10 Dec 2003, 13:35

Hello!

We, respectively you could get into problems because of the copyright if you post many photos from published books.

\Christoph

Elwyn W

Post by Elwyn W » 10 Dec 2003, 16:37

Hi Chris and Oberstab,

I fully understand your concern but in the interest of being able to identify wehrmacht officers by informed members of our forum, I ask your permission to have the Mark Yerger picture posted.

First of all then, credit is given to the aforementioned book written by Mark Yerger and published by Schiffer.

So Oberstab. Here you go. Give it a try if Chris allows it.

Cheers
Freiherr
Attachments
14_course.jpg
14_course.jpg (67.71 KiB) Viewed 4853 times

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Divisionsführerlehrgänge 13 & 14

Post by Dieter Zinke » 10 Dec 2003, 17:28

freiherr wrote:Hi Chris and Oberstab,

I fully understand your concern but in the interest of being able to identify wehrmacht officers by informed members of our forum, I ask your permission to have the Mark Yerger picture posted.

First of all then, credit is given to the aforementioned book written by Mark Yerger and published by Schiffer.

So Oberstab. Here you go. Give it a try if Chris allows it.

Cheers
Freiherr

Wow! Spitze! (AnDie says : "Dufte")
Thousend thanks, also to Mark C Yerger, this is the axis I want!!!
Vive l' amicitie franco-allemande!

HOPE I CAN SLEEP TONIGHT

With the knight cross in the middle is Brennecke. at his right side in front is Grassy.
Second row far (the last at) right is Berthold Maack.
Below of Maack, at the left side of Grassy is Bechler.
At the far left is Demme.

Kurs 13
07.08.1944 - 02.09.1944
Hirschberg:
Martin Bieber, Heinrich-Walter Bronsart von Schellendorff, Gerhard Franz, Harald von Hirschfeld, Günther Hoffmann-Schoenborn, Karl Koetz, Meinrad von Lauchert, Karl Lorenz, Günther Pape, Alfred Philippi, Max Sachsenheimer, Richard Schmidt, Theodor Tolsdorff, Heinz Wittchow von Brese-Winiary.
Einer der drei Unbekannten auf dem Bild ist Gerhard Kegler.

14. Kurs (Hirschberg)
08.09. - 07.10.1944 with
Rudolf Bader, Helmut Bechler, Johannes Bruhn, Hans-Joachim Deckert, Rudolf Demme (20.09. abgereist, da m.f.b. 17. PzDiv.), SS-Josef Grassy, SS-Nikolaus Heilmann, Werner Heucke, Ludwig Kirschner, Oberst Peter Körte, SS-Hugo Kraas, Hans Laengenfelder, SS-Berthold Maack, SS-Joachim Richter,
Heinrich Domansky ist kommandiert, nimmt aber nicht teil

Content !? --- WARNING. This is only the beginning !!

I'm so glad!

How can I thank you

Oberstab
Last edited by Dieter Zinke on 22 Feb 2013, 00:54, edited 1 time in total.

Michael Miller
Forum Staff

Korte

Post by Michael Miller » 10 Dec 2003, 18:04

Officer 4th from right (with Ritterkreuz) is Oberst Peter Korte.

Best,
~ Mike / ABR

Elwyn W

Post by Elwyn W » 11 Dec 2003, 06:23

OK, you guys were a little confusing with what's left and what's right. So here's what we have so far are:

#1 Demme
#4 Koerte
#8 Brennecke
#10 Sachsenheimer
#11 Grassy
#12 Heilmann
#13 Bechler
#14 Maack

Correct me if I am wrong but I think #5 is Rudolf Bader, while none of the remaining unidentified look like Kraas, Bruhn, Deckert, Heucke, Laegenfelder or Richter. Oberstab I assume you don't have the entire list of all who attended this course?

My copies of Biblio Verlag are in the mail so i will post Course 13th as soon as I get my hands on them. Oberstab, how many of these were held and do you know of other pics?

Cheers
Freiherr
Attachments
14_course_2.jpg
14_course_2.jpg (73.11 KiB) Viewed 4802 times

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Post by Dieter Zinke » 11 Dec 2003, 09:30

freiherr wrote:OK, you guys were a little confusing with what's left and what's right. So here's what we have so far are:

#1 Demme
#4 Koerte
#8 Brennecke
#10 Sachsenheimer
#11 Grassy
#12 Heilmann
#13 Bechler
#14 Maack

Correct me if I am wrong but I think #5 is Rudolf Bader, while none of the remaining unidentified look like Kraas, Bruhn, Deckert, Heucke, Laegenfelder or Richter. Oberstab I assume you don't have the entire list of all who attended this course?

My copies of Biblio Verlag are in the mail so i will post Course 13th as soon as I get my hands on them. Oberstab, how many of these were held and do you know of other pics?

Cheers
Freiherr

Good idea Freiherr, thanks!
You are right, but a question to Mike:
Körte: # 4 or # 12

best
Oberstab
Last edited by Dieter Zinke on 22 Jun 2006, 09:56, edited 1 time in total.

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Re: Korte

Post by Dieter Zinke » 11 Dec 2003, 09:34

Michael Miller wrote:Officer 4th from right (with Ritterkreuz) is Oberst Peter Korte.

Best,
~ Mike / ABR

Hallo forum,

you are allowed to bring all the fotos of Biblio-Verlag ever edited with unknown people anywhere.
In order to get more information we must stay together!
BTW:
Heinrich Domansky too was ordered to take part (08.09. 07.10.1944), but he rested in frontline as deputy leader of the 93. Infanterie-Division (also being in the Führerreserve OKH)
Cheers

Oberstab
Last edited by Dieter Zinke on 08 Oct 2005, 12:17, edited 2 times in total.

Phil Nix
In memoriam

Re: Divisionsführer-Lehrgänge. Let us try it

Post by Phil Nix » 11 Dec 2003, 12:47

Oberstab wrote:Hi,

help wanted:
in Yerger's "Waffen-SS commanders (Augsberger to Kreutz)" in the chapter "Nikolaus Heilmann", page 265, is a picture of
the 14. course in Hirschberg (today: Jelenia Gora)
08.09.1944 - 07.10.1944

Unfortunately I have a lot of problems with pictures to send them to the forum. I'm not able, my technical and mental matters to do so are limited; therefore the request on anybody in the forum to place this picture instead of myself in the forum. Or will you allow to send a picture per E-mail to a moderator or so.

Anyway. On the requested foto (Yergers foto) you see for example:
Berthold Maack, Josef Grassy, Kraas (all from Waffen-SS), Rudolf Demme, Helmut Bechler, Max Sachsenheimer

A picture with all participators of 13. course (07.08.1944 - 02.09.1944) you can find in (Biblio-Verlag)
"Die Ritterkreuzträger deer Infanterie, Teil III, Infanterie Br - Bu" in the chapter "Bronsart von Schellendorrff".
With your help I will try in the following time to present you
all the courses, all the dates,
the most of the names.
Are you interested. Will you help me??

Best regards

Oberstab
Hi Oberstab
I will post the pic when I am next on line very likely on Sunday and I look forward to what you suggest
Philmil

Elwyn W

Post by Elwyn W » 11 Dec 2003, 16:16

There is a pic of Koerte at http://www.das-ritterkreuz.de that matched #4 very well. #12 looked very much like another Heilmann pic Mark Yerger had in his book.

Cheers
Freiherr

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Post by Dieter Zinke » 11 Dec 2003, 20:56

freiherr wrote:There is a pic of Koerte at http://www.das-ritterkreuz.de that matched #4 very well. #12 looked very much like another Heilmann pic Mark Yerger had in his book.

Cheers
Freiherr
Hi,
indeed I forgot Heilmann. I thought it 's clear from the beginning

Oberstab

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Divisionsführerlehrgang number 1

Post by Dieter Zinke » 12 Dec 2003, 10:52

Hallo forum,
I will start it!

Locality: Berlin
Date: 18.01.1943 - 12.02.1943
Participators:
Rudolf Busich, Kurt Chill, Erich Diestel, Maximilian Reichsfreiherr von Edelsheim, Hans Freiherr von Falkenstein, Hans Hecker, Werner Kampfhenkel, Wilhelm Kohler, Günther Krappe, Ralph Graf von Oriola, Wilhelm Richter, Karl Rübel, Hans de Salengre-Drabbe, Rudolf Stegmann, Generalleutnant Friedrich Stephan, Adolf Westhoff.

Also others??

Concerning Wilhelm Bittrich or Lothar Debes: I don't think so, but please check up!
Fotos never seen before.

Start the searching!

Your Oberstab
Last edited by Dieter Zinke on 30 Jan 2018, 01:13, edited 6 times in total.
Reason: supplements

Elwyn W

Post by Elwyn W » 16 Dec 2003, 06:48

As promised, this is the 13th Divisional commander course. Any idea why Sachsenheimer was there? Did he flunk course 13th and had to repeat with 14th :lol: :lol: :lol: or did he help teach?

Cheers
Freiherr
#1 von Brese
#2 Karl Philipp
#3 Bronsart von Schellendorff
#4 Sachsenheimer
#5 Pape
#6 von Lauchert
#7 ?
#8 Bieber
#9 Brennecke
#10 ?
#11 Tolsdorff
#12 von Hirschfeld
#13 Gerhard Franz
#14 ?
#15 Koetz
#16 Hoffmann Schoenborn
#17 Lorenz
Attachments
13LehrG.jpg
13LehrG.jpg (55.77 KiB) Viewed 4694 times

Elwyn W

Post by Elwyn W » 16 Dec 2003, 06:54

For Freiherr and all other researchers:

Kurs 13
07.08. - 02.09.1944
Hirschberg:
Martin Bieber, Heinrich-Walter Bronsart von Schellendorff, Gerhard Franz, Harald von Hirschfeld, Günther Hoffmann-Schoenborn, Karl Koetz, Meinrad von Lauchert, Karl Lorenz, Günther Pape, Karl Philipp, Alfred Philippi, Richard Schmidt, Theodor Tolsdorff, Heinz Wittchow von Brese-Winiary.

Kurs 14
08.09. - 07.10.1944
Hirschberg:
Rudolf Bader, Helmut Bechler, Johannes Bruhn, Hans-Joachim Deckert, Rudolf Demme (20.09. departure, because of m.f.b. 17. PzDiv.), SS-Josef Grassy, SS-Nikolaus Heilmann, Werner Heucke, Ludwig Kirschner, Oberst Peter Körte, SS-Hugo Kraas, Hans Laengenfelder, SS-Berthold Maack, SS-Joachim Richter, Max Sachsenheimer,
Heinrich Domansky is ordered to, but doesn' t took part

Oberstab
Dieter Zinke

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Post by Dieter Zinke » 16 Dec 2003, 10:41

freiherr wrote:Close-ups

Cheers
Freiherr
Hi Freiherr,
concerning Sachsenheimer:
Probably he missed the target of the course at first so like Nikolaus Heilmann did.
Heilmann surely was with the 14. Divisionsführerkurs (see our foto from Yerger), but he was also with the 15. Divisionsführerkurs 08.10. - 15.11.1944) according to his personal file.
Surely there were rejections in the courses !

Cheers

Oberstab

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”