Who is this police officer?

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
Phil Nix
In memoriam

Re: Dr. Wenzel

Post by Phil Nix » 20 Jul 2003, 11:32

Michael Miller wrote:It has been pointed out to me on another forum that the General behind von Heimburg cannot be Dr. Wenzel as he wears the Iron Cross First Class. According to SS-DAL's, he only received the EK II (in WW I)... unless he received the EK I late-war and too late to be recorded in the DAL.

NSDAP official at left appears to be Kreisleiter / Oberbereichsleiter / SS-Standartenführer / M.d.R. Otto Born (* 26.03.1892 in Löhme / Niederbarnim), Kreisleiter of Kreis V in Gau Berlin.

Best wishes,
~ Mike Miller / ABR
Hi all
Could I suggest that it is Wenzel based on comparison with pics from his BDC file. Sometimes errors are made in Dals. What do you think
Philmil

Andreas Schulz

Wenzel

Post by Andreas Schulz » 07 Feb 2004, 15:44

The Police General with v. Heimburg is not Generalarzt Dr. Wenzel. See the pic of Wenzel under http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtopic.php?t=42420.

AnDie

Dieter Zinke
In memoriam

Post by Dieter Zinke » 07 Feb 2004, 19:52

Hi forum,
AnDie you are right !!! But now the confusion is raising. Let' s start the experts race. I' m looking forward to.
Cheers
Oberstab

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”