Oberleutnant/Hauptmann d.R. Saalmann (help needed)

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
Melax

Oberleutnant/Hauptmann d.R. Saalmann (help needed)

Post by Melax » 21 Mar 2022, 12:06

Hi,

I am looking for informations about one

Oberleutnant/Hauptmann Saalmann

I know only very little:

xx05.1941-22.03.1943: Adjutant Heeres-Küsten-Artillerie-Abteilung 903 (Rang Leutnant + Oberleutnant)

mit Wirkung 22.03.1943 versetzt in "Sturmgeschütz Ersatz-Abteilung 200" (Rang Oberleutnant)

I GUESS that he was April/May 1945 as Adjutant of some Commanding General at the Battle of Berlin

[source:
here: https://www.dhm.de/lemo/zeitzeugen/klau ... -1945.html someone writes in his memoars that a "Hauptmann Saalmann", Adjutant of the commanding General wanted to speak his father on the 1st of may 1945.

sadly I have no idea which commanding general could that have been - and if the Adjutant is really the same "Saalmann" I am looking for -.- ]

every tiny bit of help is very welcome :)

maybe someone of you has him in his lists or know more?

Thanks,
Alexander

Melax

Re: Oberleutnant/Hauptmann d.R. Saalmann (help needed)

Post by Melax » 03 Jul 2022, 13:10

push

nobody an idea? -.-

Halfdan S.

Post by Halfdan S. » 05 Jul 2022, 18:45

See Wolfgang Venghaus: Berlin 1945 - here he is named as Gerhard and Verbindungsoffzier des Luftwaffenpersonalamtes zum Führer und Reichsmarschall (Sic!). Hence it must be this Offizier:

SAALMANN, Gerhard. 05.07.39 Oblt., in Führerreserve Ob.d.L./RLM, ordered to Stuka Schule Marienbad for temporary duty. 01.03.42 promo to Hptm. 15.01.44 Hptm. and pilot at Luftkriegsschule 5 – injured in Junkers W 34 forced-landing near Meissen due to pilot error. 24.09.44 Hptm. in Abt. Qu in Stab/Luftgaukdo. III Dresden.

Best
Halfdan S.

Melax

Post by Melax » 05 Jul 2022, 19:23

Hi Halfdan,

but sadly than he must be an other officer than the one I am looking for -.-

as "mine" is from the Heer and not Luftwaffe ... had hoped the Berlin one is the one I am looking for... :/

but thanks for closing the dead-end so I can look in an other direkctionto find the "right" Saalmann :) even if the chances to "find" him have been reduced now ... ;)

best regards,
Alexander

Halfdan S.

Post by Halfdan S. » 05 Jul 2022, 19:53

Trying to identify the officer from Berlin I've had a look at the file of Bruno Hugo Saalmann, born 31.5.1899, in BA/MA Freiburg - that is file PERS 6/161349. Sorry, haven't made any other notes than that he couldn't have been the officer in Berlin. A bit old maybe, but just to say that there were other officers named Saalmann at the time.

Best
Halfdan S.

Melax

Post by Melax » 05 Jul 2022, 20:56

Bruno Saalmann seems to be also from the Luftwaffe - as far as invenio is correct.

I guess there are some more "Saalmann's" in the Wehrmacht - which doesn't make it any easier to find someone who knows something about the specific one from HKAA 903 :D

especially with "my" Saalmann a Reserveoffizier and not Aktiv -.-

well.... I will just need a little bit of luck and time I hope :)

thanks for your help :)

Alexander

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”