Die Bandenkämpfer - Holders of Bandenkampfabzeichen

Discussions on the personalities of the Wehrmacht and of the organizations not covered in the other sections. Hosted by askropp and Frech.
K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 10 Jan 2004 12:47

Hvala ti Marko! :D

Regards,
Kocjo

K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 10 Jan 2004 12:53

Mark V. wrote:SS-Hstuf. Alfred Lude
Is this the same man as SS-Hscha. Alfred Ludl? Which version is right?

Regards,
Kocjo

Mark V.

Post by Mark V. » 11 Jan 2004 10:27

Kocjo wrote:

Regards,
Kocjo
Must be the same guy. As to which version is the correct one - don't know.

K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 11 Jan 2004 10:30

Mark V. wrote:
Kocjo wrote:

Regards,
Kocjo
Must be the same guy. As to which version is the correct one - don't know.
Thanks!

Matt and Iltis, what do you think on this?

Regards,
Kocjo

K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 15 Jan 2004 13:23

Thanks to Marko we now have 10 BKA iG holders (all W-SS from Karstjäger Einheit); but for sure there most be more.

BTW. I know for 11th holder.

Regards,
Kocjo

K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 15 Jan 2004 14:45

Der Befehlshaber der Sipo u. d. SD
in der Operationszone Pola, am 21. März 1944.
"Adriatisches Küstenland" Triest
Aussendienststelle Pola

Tgb. N. 793/44
An den
Befehlshaber der Sipo u.d.SD
in der Operationszone
"Adriatisches Küstenland"
Triest.

Betrifft: SS-Obersturmführer Helmut PRASCH, geb. 16.9.1910,
Meldung der Einsätze zum Bandenbekämpfungsabzeichen.
Vorgang: bekannt
Anlagen: 28

Der Obige hat nach eigenen Angaben folgende Einsatztage.
In Russland als Spähtruppführer der SS Pz.Gren.Aufklärungsabteilung "DAS REICH" unter Führung des SS-Obersturmführer Resch ........................................................................................................................................................ 9 Kampftage
In Oberkrain beim Kommandeur der Sicherheitspolizei und des SD-Aussenstelle Stein ........................... 8 "
In Oberkrain ald Führer des SS-Selbst-schutz-Bataillons .......................................................................... 16 "
In Oberkrain im Rahmen der "Mot.Alpenland 2" unter Führung des Hauptmann Buchberger ...................... 2 "
In Oberkrain im Rahmen des Pol.Reg. 18 unter Führung des Hauptmann Rehbein .................................... 4 "
In Istrien im Rahmen der Waffen SS Sonder-Kommando SS-Ostuf.Mayr ................................................... 7 "
In Istrien als Kommano-Führer ................................................................................................................. 45 "

----------------------------
zusammen 91 Kampftage

Die Einsätze in Oberkrain belaufen sich nach dem 1.1.1943. Die Einsätze in Russland sind nach dem 1.1.1943 zwischen den Grosskampfhandlungen der Panzerdivision "DAS REICH" als Sonderbeschäftigung durchgeführt worden.
Der Obige wurde an 22; und 23.Mai 1942 am Janschberg in Oberkrain zweimal verwundet und wiederholt zum EK II vorgeschlagen.
SS-Ostuf. Prasch hat in Russland das EK II erhalten, besitzt das KVK II.m.Schw., das Panzerkampfabzeichen, 2 Dienstauszeichnungen der NSDAP und die Ostmark-Medaille, Verwundetenabzeichen.
Von den Einheiten, die erreichbar sind, werden die Bescheinigungen nachgebracht.

Der Dienststellenleiter:

SS-Obersturmführer

Matt Gibbs

Update

Post by Matt Gibbs » 19 Jan 2004 15:40

Sorry I haven't checked up on here for a while, pressure of work etc. *sigh*
Well, great info on the Karstjager recipients, thanks for that!
Also, Joe, if you want a copy of the article I'll be happy to send you one if you are willing to PM me your address. I would be pleased to assist in this way. Just out of interest in the SS info you refer to about the various commands being asked to inform about 'previous awards' of the BKA iG can you let me know the ocurse for this, I must have missed it at some stage. A few times I have been caught out with the 1st Class reference to this award too! :D Thanks for all your helpful info. The light is shone on this topic more thna I had thought a couple of years ago!

Regards and Best Wishes

Matt

Matt Gibbs

Ludl

Post by Matt Gibbs » 20 Jan 2004 17:26

Just out of interest that is the name [Ludl] quoted in the VB exactly as I copied it, can't confirm 100% if this is right, but that was the announcement they made.
Regards
Matt Gibbs

K.Kocjancic

Re: Ludl

Post by K.Kocjancic » 20 Jan 2004 17:29

Matt Gibbs wrote:Just out of interest that is the name [Ludl] quoted in the VB exactly as I copied it, can't confirm 100% if this is right, but that was the announcement they made.
Regards
Matt Gibbs
Thanks for letting us know!

Regards,
Kocjo

Matt Gibbs

Advice

Post by Matt Gibbs » 20 Jan 2004 23:18

Okay folks,
Question, with regard to the naming of names of 6 further BKA i G holders that compliment the 4 in the article I researched, assumedly these were presented by Guderian. Great news.

I note the source as being the Patzwall and Michaelis books. With regard tot he recipients in particular what are these authors sources for the names and the presentation ceremonies?

Any ideas? I'm interested in the Guderian ceremony and where this list of names comes from especially.

All help appreciated - I like to have a confirmed source for future reference :D I can't read german very well to make it worth buying 2 books which I will never read right through!

Regards

Matt Gibbs

PS - Kocjo, I am going to finish your list up but my computer craziness has killed your excel file, it comes up with some errors. Can you send me it again please..?! :(
M.

K.Kocjancic

Re: Advice

Post by K.Kocjancic » 20 Jan 2004 23:59

Matt Gibbs wrote:PS - Kocjo, I am going to finish your list up but my computer craziness has killed your excel file, it comes up with some errors. Can you send me it again please..?! :(
M.
Done - check e-mail. :D

Regards,
Kocjo

K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 21 Jan 2004 00:33

Now we have info on BKA holders from WH, W-SS, Polizei and Slovensko Domobranstvo, but surely other foreign soldiers (non-Germans) should get also these awards?

What about Milice Française - they fought against Partisans? Does anyone has any records from that organization?

Regards,
Kocjo

Mark V.

Post by Mark V. » 27 Jan 2004 14:40

Matt, the info on the BKAbz. in Gold holders comes from Patzwall (Michaelis only confirms the number and the second presentation by Guderian). His source for the second presentation is Jörg Nimmergut: Deutsche Orden und Ehrenzeichen bis 1945. Band 4. Pages 2341-2349 8O .

Patzwall also deals with the disparities regarding the 1st presentation. His source (like yours) are the two newspaper articles from 21. Feb. 1945 and the two award certificates from Kübandner (11. and 15. Feb.). Since there're basically no other documents on this ceremony he also doesn't name the definite date, but since we know that it took part together with the (7th) NKiG presentation in Bernau - the date must be 16. Feb.1945 (Dörr: Die Träger der Nahkampfspange in Gold). The second presentation was on 10. Mar. 1945 (together with the 8th NKiG presentation) in Zossen, with 13 for NKiG and 6 for BKAbz.i.G.

some new names for the list:

Hauptmann Heinz Buss (3./NSG.9) - BKAbz.i.S - 25. Jan. 1945
Oberst der Schutzpolizei Griep - BKAbz.i.S
SS-Sturmmann Erwin Röslen (8./Waffen-Geb.(Karst) Jäg.Rgt.59) - BKAbz.i.S - 30. Jan. 1945
Lt. Der Gendarmerie Heinrich Schmidt (Gendarmerie Lothringen) - BKAbz.i.S - 5. Nov. 1944
Oberjäger Arthur Schubnell (4./(M.G.) Jäger-Rgt. 721) - BKAbz.i.S - 5. Feb. 1945

Funkobergefreiter Heinz Bischoff (Marineeinsatzkommando 80) - BKAbz.i.B - 21. Aug. 1944
Gefreiter Gerss (Lw.Jg.Btl.z.b.V.8 ) - BKAbz.i.B - 19. Dec. 1944
Oberwachtmeister d. Sch.d.R. Valentin Häfner (1./Pol.-Schtz.-Regt.31) - BKAbz.i.B - 21. Jun. 1944
Hauptfeldwebel Edgar Helms (1./Feldgend.-Abt.(mot.) 696) - BKAbz.i.B - 9. Sept. 1944
SS-Unterscharführer Ludwig Höpfl (Stabs.Kp/II.Waffen-Geb.(Karstjäger)Brig. d. SS - 20. Feb. 1945
Oberbeschlagmeister Willi Kohlenbeck (5./(Kos) Gren.Rgt. 360) - BKAbz.i.B - 10. Apr. 1945
Obergefreiter Friedrich Lehmann (7./Gren.Rgt.453) - BKAbz.i.B - 24. Jun. 1944
Gefreiter Peter Thomssen (Festungs-Inf.-Btl.1011) - BKAbz.i.B - 18. Apr. 1945
Obergefreiter Josef Zaglmaier (Stabskp./Jäg.Rgt.749) - BKAbz.i.B -31 Jul.1944

Sorces:
Michaelis, Rolf: Das Bandenkampfabzeichen
Michaelis, Rolf: Deutsche Kriegsauszeichnungen 1939-1945
Patzwall, Klaus: Das Bandenkampfabzeichen
Lautenschläger, Uwe: Das Bandenkampfabzeichen (in IMM Nr. 98, Sept.-Oct.2000)

Marko

K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 27 Jan 2004 14:45

Thanks for new names and info!

Regards,
Kocjo

K.Kocjancic

Post by K.Kocjancic » 27 Jan 2004 15:27

If you have names of soldiers/policemen, who were proposed for BKA, please post them here.

Regards and thanks,
Kocjo

Return to “The Dieter Zinke Axis Biographical Research Section”